races saves

  • Thread starter Thread starter mclarendriver
  • 73 comments
  • 4,818 views
You only drive for a max of 4 hour stints IRL. 24 hour stint in GT5 is insane, and I did it. I crashed so much near the end.
 
Key Word is 'Game' so give save race as an option, nuff said eh!

And I also could care less about competing/comparing with other 'drivers'; just racing with clean 'drivers' online is enjoyment enough for me :)

Sony/PD won't install save option because they want you to overheat your 'old' PS3 , so that you will have to buy a new one; or new PS4 :ouch::crazy:
 
The main feature that endurance races adds to a racing game is not to sit down and race for 24 hours straight but pit stop strategy. There are gamers like me who wants to race endurance races because of the pit stop strategy and not to sit on my bottom all day. Endurance save would be most welcome to someone like me.
 
Last edited:
I dont think where going to get in race saves because i dont think PD can develop it easily. IMO they should use the same setup as GT4 combine B-spec and a fast foward option. That said I still hope in-race saves come in the next update, I would love to play that portion of the game that I paid for. The way the game progresses is toward enduro.
 
Why does everyone want endurance race saves?

They would take away from the entire point of the races. GT5 is a racing sim game. And being able to stop in the middle of a twenty four hour race isn't realistic. Its meant to test you. If you don't want your playstation running that long. Then don't run the races. Stop complaining about an awesome game. Race saves would be a stupid idea. If you can't stop in the middle of the real 24 hour races why should you be aloud to stop here. Switch drivers yeah sure. But not stop comepletely.

Opinions like this are why GT5 was so terrible. This is why we have trade limits now, fanboys like this.
 
Sony/PD won't install save option because they want you to overheat your 'old' PS3 , so that you will have to buy a new one; or new PS4 :ouch::crazy:

Except the PS3 is not susceptible to overheating unlike a certain other console earlier in it's life.......so how would that work exactly. :crazy:
 
Mate its just another choice for us gamers. who says you need to use the save, you can just play it the way you want , the save just allows us more control.
And mate who the hell wants to leave their ps3 on for 24 hours straight or more. My PS3 has YLOD twice in the last 3 months from playing 2-3 hours.
Game saves will be welcomed by me and many out there cos they just dont have the time to play 9 hours straight let alone 24.
So stop hating
 
I don't want saves in endurance races. They would cease to be endurance races.

I do want B-spec bob help as teammates but they would have to do realistic stints and none of this getting tired out after 30 minutes stuff.

Most of all I want damage in endurance events to stop them being too easy.

Exactly what I was intending to say.

Damage, damage, damage. Bob, Bob, Bob.
 
R u serious? In real life a 24h endurance race is done with more than one drivers. Also in real life endurance races the players are drivers by pro and not occasional racers like you. Others have school, work and other things to deal with while in a real life racing this is what they do exclusively.
 
I did it on GT4 with Bob just as it's done in real life, and I've done it more than once.
I had a job and a life. It is possible for anyone dedicated enough.
I have a full time job now and a life as I did then, I'm still going to do it in one stint as long as I can find a few buddies to be team mates and have an endurance party.
 
Why does everyone want endurance race saves?

They would take away from the entire point of the races. GT5 is a racing sim game. And being able to stop in the middle of a twenty four hour race isn't realistic. Its meant to test you. If you don't want your playstation running that long. Then don't run the races. Stop complaining about an awesome game. Race saves would be a stupid idea. If you can't stop in the middle of the real 24 hour races why should you be aloud to stop here. Switch drivers yeah sure. But not stop comepletely.
This isn't worth a reply. Other than to say it's not worth a reply.
 
CSLACR
This isn't worth a reply. Other than to say it's not worth a reply.

I wasn't going to comment on this comment. Until I realised that this comment isn't worth commenting on.
 
^^^
:) Thank you for noticing that notice. Your noticing has been noticed and will be reported to the authorities :)
 
Back