Races that you've been to

• Thread starter MatskiMonk
  • 205 comments
Ive only been to the last two runnings of the Ferrari challenge series at Road America.

The best parts where the vintage Ferrari race cars, But to bad they havent been there in like 3 years :(

I'll consider the 24 hours of Spa, because of the prices! Oh, and I'll happily come, (this year, or 2014?) if you'll pay the trip, for me, Frank :lol:!

Just kidding; I'll pay it myself, when I get the money.

Write me a Pm, so we can discuss this.....(money should not be a problem....)
And I have free 'all acces' tickets for you, so you do not have to pay any entrance nor camping during the whole week....

Ps: We have a spot alongside the track, because we arrive there the night before the gates open up :)

Last edited:
I vaguely remember attending a round of the BTCC at Mondello Park, perhaps back in 2005 or 2006.

I don't go to very many races. When I was younger (probably less than 7 years old) I went to an Indy Car race and there was a horrible crash and we had to leave. Someone ended up being killed and my mom was crying and that's all I remember.

I went to a small .5 mile oval track a couple weeks ago, and even though it's a tiny track, I found it to be more fun to watch than the big ovals. They raced all sorts of different cars, and I got lots of videos. I've been working on editing them, but I've only got 2 15 minute videos up on YouTube so far.

I've been to 2 or 3 NHRA drag racing events which are always fun (and loud). I'm going to one Saturday, I'll hopefully be able to get some video of it. (I think they are the Spring Nationals if anyone cares.)

Ok.. here we go....

2006-07, 2010-14 Indy 500
2005-13 Brickyard 400
2006-07 US GP at IMS
2008-14 Red Bull Indianapolis GP

There are other races, but I can't remember them at all.

Last edited:
2007-2012 Nürburgring 24H

some VLN races as well over the years.

While nothing beats the live engine sounds blasting by, sadly Pitwalks are becoming rarer by the month. I favor watching races on TV, you get more of the action and can follow the timing better. Smartphones are luckily allowing live timing apps nowadays, but I couldn't be convinced to purchase one yet.

The only race I will always visit is the N24 race. Its right around the corner for me and nothing beats the fan camp atmosphere during the night.

One to add to my list: OK Padborg Open 2013 earlier today. Drifting, DS3 Cup, the devilish machines known as Legend Cars and V8 Camaro and Mustang racers? One can't go wrong :) plus I had a once-in-a-lifetime chance to meet a special international motorsport star (I know of the pics rule but my parents are still checking them).. Let me give you a hint: he won something 10 years ago, in a car iconic for the series, and never really got close to doing it again. He's from North Europe.

2006, 2009 and 2012 Le Mans 24 hours. (Going this year too)

2007 Silverstone 1000km

2008 British Grand Prix

BTCC at Brands Hatch a few years back. (Cant remember which year)

Lots of club racing at various tracks in the UK.

2010 Subway Fresh Fit 600 @ Phoenix International Raceway (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series)
2011 Good Sam's Club 500 @ Talladega Superspeedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series)
2013 Sprint Unlimited @ Daytona International Speedway (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series)

That's all really for me. I just love the fan experiences at NASCAR events too much that I can't see myself attending F1 or BTCC events and enjoying them as much as I like NASCAR ones.

And another one added to the list : WEC 6hrs of SPA !!

It was an awsome day at SPA, fantastic weather, a huge crowd, and lot of fast action on the track !! Pictures will be up later ;)

2012 25 hours of Thunderhill
2013 SCCA Double Rational at Thunderhill (Worked as scrutineer)
2013 ALMS Monterey (I'm going in a few days, so...)

WRC Wales Rally GB - first time at a Rally, it was an experience!

I went to Rally GB that year too! My first WRC rally, although I went to the North West Stages rally earlier in the year at Blackpool. I had to miss out last year's Rally GB because I went to the Gymkhana GRID finals in October instead. I'm hoping to attend more events this year, funds permitting. Next year I'll probably be going to a few stock car races as my friend from school will start racing along with her dad and brother once she turns 16.

Well, I've added...

DTM, Brands Hatch
FIA European Drag Racing Championship, Santa Pod

..to my list, both were great events. There's a lot wrong with the format of DTM, but it was still a hugely enjoyable event... and the Drag championship... I'm not going to lie, the sound of them cars makes me cry with joy.

Italics for future events

Goodwood Festival of Speed

F1 British Grand Prix
Goodwood Revival Meeting

Goodwood Revival Meeting
Race of Champions, Paris

BTCC, Brands Hatch
Goodwood Revival Meeting
WTCC, Brands Hatch

British F3/GT, Thruxton
WTCC, Brands Hatch
Goodwood Revival Meeting
Truck Superprix, Brands Hatch

DTM, Brands Hatch
Goodwood Revival Meeting

FIA GT1 World Championship, Silverstone

Goodwood Revival Meeting

BTCC, Thruxton
Le Mans 24hrs
IRC, Cyprus Rally

BTCC, Thruxton
DTM, Brands Hatch
Le Mans 24hrs
BTCC, Brands Hatch

BTCC, Brands Hatch
World Rallycross, Lydden
BTCC, Oulton Park
Le Mans 24hrs
BTCC, Brands Hatch

BTCC testing, Thruxton
BTCC, Brands Hatch
WEC, Silverstone
Le Mans 24hrs
Bathurst 1000

BTCC testing, Thruxton
BTCC, Brands Hatch
British Drift Championship, Lydden
WEC, Silverstone
Time Attack, Cadwell Park
European Drag Finals, Santa Pod
BTCC, Brands Hatch
Britcar, Brands Hatch

BTCC, Brands Hatch
WEC, Silverstone
BTCC testing, Thruxton
Minifest, Brands Hatch
European Drag Finals, Santa Pod
BTCC, Brands Hatch

Last edited:
I've only been to one major event which was this year, I really enjoyed it. The first of many.

2013 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

I wrote about my experience in the Spanish GP thread, you can read my post HERE.

Last edited:
I've been to Brands Hatch to watch the BTCC more times than I can actually remember. Most notable however was the last time I went in 2011, as I was a guest of Team AON! Watched the third race of the day from their garage.

I've been to see DTM 3 times, though the first was for qualifying only at Donington Park in 2003. I have been to see them race twice at Brands Hatch in 2011 and 2012.

Later this year though I will finally see my first F1 race when I go to the Hungarian GP for all 4 days :) Hoping to get a behind the scenes tour with the Carlin team through work as well. Also going to the Goodwood Festival of Speed for the first time in the same month, July can't come soon enough!

Other noteworthy mentions are the World Series by Renault in 2007 (Donington Park) and I was at the Masters Historic Festival at Brands Hatch 2 days ago.

So, I've ambitious plans for this year, but ticked off my first event of 2014 with the BTCC meet at brands...

Right, so as I sit here thinking about what I'll be doing motorsport wise in 2012, I can't help but think back to races I've been to in the past, so I thought I'd note them down here - a little trip down memory lane!

So Please feel free to share, or record the events you've been too, and perhaps any interesting/amusing stories that go with them?

BTCC, Brands Hatch

FIA World Endurance Champhionship, Silverstone
BTCC, Donington Park
DTM, Brands Hatch

British Truck Racing Championship (BTRC), Brands Hatch

BTCC, Thruxton
BTCC, Silverstone
BTCC, Snetterton - got completely drunk in the circuit bar on Saturday night, if you were there, you probably saw me
WTCC, Donington
International/Italian V8 Superstars, Donington
Britcar 24 hours, Silverstone
Blancpain Endurance Series, Silverstone

BTCC, Brands Hatch
BTCC, Croft
BTCC, Knockhill - one of the best weekends I've had at an event
BTCC, Silverstone
BTCC, Thruxton - met Mat Jackson in the Pub afterwards.. which got me in the garage at.....
BTCC, Rockingham - which was fun!
LMES, Silverstone - pretty much only went to photograph the M3 GT2
FIA GT, Silverstone
F2, Silverstone
Superleague Formula, Silverstone - not great, but saw the prettiest girl ever working in the garage for one of the teams.
Renault World Series - well, it's free....

BTCC, Rockingam
BTCC, Oulton Park - This was the one that got me into BTCC, well that and Tillie Thompson!
Britcar 500, Silverstone - Downer, only 6 hours!
FIA GT, Silverstone

LMS Silverstone
BTCC Silverstone
Britcar 24 hours at Silverstone

A1GP, Brands Hatch - Hospitality Suite... sweeet.

Britcar 24 hours, Silverstone - Awesome, great access to pitlane during Friday night Qually.
F1 British Grand Prix - Biggest waste of money ever.

BTCC, Silverstone - BRDC passes :D :D

I've been to a race at a paved oval in Jennerstown, PA (east) in which NASCAR drivers Kasey Kahne, Ken Schrader, Sterling Marlin and Matt Kenseth were special guest racers.

I've also been to various races at my local dirt oval, Lernerville Speedway, with about an equal balance between regular weekly races and World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series races.

IMSA:
1987-1990, 1992 Grands Prix of Miami
1988-1989, 1991 Grands Prix of West Palm Beach

F1:
1998 Grand Prix of Spain

Photos on my Flickr page.

Went to some club racing at Moroso back in the 1980s, and that's about it. It's been a few years, to be honest...maybe when the kids get older I'll take them to races.

If it's happened at Oulton Park in the past 12 years, i've been to it.

2007: Sharp AQUOS 500 (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race) (California Speedway/Auto Club Speedway)

2011: Quaker State 400 (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race) (Kentucky Speedway)

2011: Irwin Tools Night Race (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race) (Bristol Motor Speedway)

2011: Firestone 100 (Indy Lights Series Race) (Kentucky Speedway)

2011: Kentucky Indy 300 (Indy Car Series Race) (Kentucky Speedway)

2013: 97th Indianapolis 500 (Indy Car Series Race) (Indianapolis Motor Speedway)

2014: GP of Indianapolis (Indy Car Series Race) (Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course)

2015: Camping World 500 (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series) (Talladega Superspeedway)

PLANNED RACES/ WISH LIST:

2016: 100th Indianapolis 500 (Indy Car Series Race) (Indianapolis Motor Speedway)

• Daytona 500 (Daytona International Speedway)
  • US GP (Circuit of the Americas)

Last edited:
BTCC, Brands Hatch
Blancpain GT Series, Brands Hatch
FIA European Drag Racing, Santa Pod
BTCC, Rockingham

FIA World Endurance Champhionship, Silverstone
BTCC, Donington Park
DTM, Brands Hatch

British Truck Racing Championship (BTRC), Brands Hatch

BTCC, Thruxton
BTCC, Silverstone
BTCC, Snetterton - got completely drunk in the circuit bar on Saturday night, if you were there, you probably saw me
WTCC, Donington
International/Italian V8 Superstars, Donington
Blancpain Endurance Series, Silverstone

BTCC, Brands Hatch
BTCC, Croft
BTCC, Knockhill - one of the best weekends I've had at an event
BTCC, Silverstone
BTCC, Thruxton - met Mat Jackson in the Pub afterwards.. which got me in the garage at.....
BTCC, Rockingham - which was fun!
LMES, Silverstone - pretty much only went to photograph the M3 GT2
FIA GT, Silverstone
F2, Silverstone
Superleague Formula, Silverstone - not great, but saw the prettiest girl ever working in the garage for one of the teams.
Renault World Series - well, it's free....

BTCC, Rockingam
BTCC, Oulton Park - This was the one that got me into BTCC, well that and Tillie Thompson!
Britcar 500, Silverstone - Downer, only 6 hours!
FIA GT, Silverstone

LMS Silverstone
BTCC Silverstone
Britcar 24 hours at Silverstone

A1GP, Brands Hatch - Hospitality Suite... sweeet.

Britcar 24 hours, Silverstone - Awesome, great access to pitlane during Friday night Qually.
F1 British Grand Prix - Biggest waste of money ever.

BTCC, Silverstone - BRDC passes :D :D

So that's it so far, in 2012 I hope to add some DTM, the Britcar 24 is obligatory, I'm near to Santa Pod and I'd love to catch some FIA drag racing - but it's suprisingly expensive, I'll visit any BTCC round I can afford too - I'd like to do Knockers again.. but it is a 🤬 long way, and.. there's an outside chance I can do a NASCAR race weekend this year !!!!, but for the most part, I'm skint, so 2011 really won't be matched for a while.

Added

Blancpain GT Series, Brands Hatch
FIA European Drag Racing, Santa Pod
BTCC, Rockingham

.. for this year... rubbish given my earlier plans, infact, this year's been pretty much a write off... maybe next year.

This year I have been to the follow races.

Rolex 24 at Daytona
Camping World Truck race at Martinsville
TORC races at Charlotte Dirt Track
Talladega Nationwide/Sprint Cup/ARCA spring race
Global RallyCross at Charlotte Dirt Track
Bristol night race Trucks/Modified/Nationwide/Sprint Cup

Headed to Talladega again.

2012: FIA GT1 & GT3 (Moscow Raceway)
2013: DTM (Moscow Raceway)

Still thinking about a trip to the F1 Russian Grand Prix in Sochi.

I try to make it to a race every weekend during the summer. Here is my list so far for the year:
ARCA: Salem, Toledo, Michigan, Winchester, Berlin, Springfield, Madison, DuQuoin
NASCAR K&N Pro Series: New Smyrna, Daytona, Bristol, Greenville, Idaho
NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour: Daytona, Caraway
World of Outlaws Late Models: Volusia x2, South Dakota, Shawano, Cedar Lake x2
Global Rallycross: DC, NY,
NASCAR Canadian Tire Series: Edmonton, Barrie
Super DIRTcar Series: Volusia x2
NASCAR Nationwide Series: Bristol
NASCAR Truck Series: Eldora
IndyCar: Indianapolis GP
Tudor USCC: Indianapolis
Lucas Oil Late Models: Attica
USAC: DuQuoin

Cant remember the years I've done all this, but I've been to...

Gold Coast Indy (pretty sure it was still C.A.R.T championship)
Australian F1 GP (Melbourne)
V8 Supercars - Gold Coast, Sandown, Hamilton, Pukekohe.
NZ Supertourers - Hampton Downs
WRC - pretty much every year it comes to NZ

Favorites would have to be my Gold Coast trips (C.A.R.T and then V8's), also following around the WRC for the weekend is always great fun. F1 in Melbourne was pretty cool too, you get to see F1 and V8 Supercars at the same event.

Last edited:
Back