Racing line? Yes or No?

• Thread starter JDigital
  • 93 comments

Are you faster WITHOUT the racing line on?

• Yes

Votes: 118 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 53 27.5%
  • Same Results

Votes: 22 11.4%

• Total voters
The racing line should be visible on the track anyway as that's where the rubber from the tyres would get laid down as cars drive on the track. You can clearly see it on any race track in the real world unless its been raining and the track is cleaned up by the water.

I look at the artificial line being PD'a tacit admission that in GT tyres don't lay down rubber like they should. (That's coming from someone who doesn't care about burnouts etc)

Update.

I've just done a few laps around the Topgear Test track on Race 07

downloadable from here

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=12641

All I can say is you will need the racing line on just to know where you supposed to go around it!

Last edited:
I don't use it most of the time, it's a bit distracting and you don't see a racing line in real life either, so i have used it rarely. But it may come in handy for new tracks in GT5 for starters.

I believe racing line is good, even for experienced drivers. You can use it as a marker: there is a suggested speed for apex of corner above it and I try to be faster than that number. I can use it to aproximately assess how fast am I in certain section of track, specially Suzuka.

I believe racing line is good, even for experienced drivers. You can use it as a marker: there is a suggested speed for apex of corner above it and I try to be faster than that number. I can use it to aproximately assess how fast am I in certain section of track, specially Suzuka.

I mean much faster than suggested speed which is very slow.

Back