Racing Videos (Online / Offline)

Because I don't believe consolidating specific discussion points into one thread that spans over 50 pages make sense for sparking adequete discussions.
An online racing video should be discussed in the online racing videos thread though.

Threads that are long...I can bet you that no one reads through all of them. What's the point?
We have a new posts button that displays the latest posts in that thread. Forums have always been structured to keep similar topics together, and here is no different.

If you have something to share, let it be discussed on it's own. Correct me if you think it's wrong, but I don't believe its necessary to consolidate everything into one thread because too many discussions are trapped in that thread that you don't know what questions are for which person.
You have an online racing video to share. It should go into the online racing videos thread with the others.

We also have a quote function so you know what post each poster is referring to or answering.

I have a video,
We have a videos thread. 💡

Everyone else manages to put their own videos in the correct thread. Putting your online racing videos in threads of their own just screams "look at meeee".

Merging.

Daan,

hijacking my thread with your questions and comments phrased the way you did before moving my thread screams "I'm the moderator, respect my authority".

A bit over the top, but that's my opinion. Don't take it serious but think about how we could have achieved the same result without the insults.

I still mean what I say. Single threads that span thousands of pages do not help the community. You can move threads later, let the OP have it available where he sees fit. We don't create threads for them to be lost.

Last edited:
No problem if you want to have the line on, but I just can't understand why, given that you don't appear to follow it at all. I'm all for "realism" & having a line changing colours as you drive around the track just seems unrealistic & distracting.

Selection of races from last night.

Result was a GTP 1-2-3 with me first, Stealthwinnr 2nd and Marchbrown 3rd.

I had a race long battle with soVereign166[DE]. I lost the race when I ran wide at the last corner, gained a penalty and lost 2 places...

Battle with deal96 and Maffski. I finished 2nd behind deal96.

Started in 2nd, then got passed by nearly everyone. Mr_Volcano, Maffski, PASM-89, soVereign166, Stealthwinnr and a helping hand from Marchbrown at the end.

...I know this was aggressive. I got hit too and I would go as far as saying I was hit harder than any of the unintentional paint rubbing that I did if much of any that had any impact. My aggressive driving did not go towards taking anyone out, I was trying to escape the maddness. Those complaining about the racing line and the aggressive driving can grab a tissue box, this is a video game. With this video, I'm sharing what I did in this situation to counter this behavior.

I don't drive this way intentionally unless provoked to do to. The races I had prior to this filming involved the same party of racers. So they knew what to expect this round.

If someone takes a swing at me, I can hold my composure the first incident. But if someone keeps swinging at me, then I know it's intentional and I find ways of fighting back if I don't resort to that same level. Dont' be punk and just sit there and take it. Otherwise you clogg this forum full of stories of how some AWD punted you off the road. Don't let it happen to you.Take control of your situation and do what it takes to counter it.

The same AWD guys doing the same. Paint rubbing is fine in my book, but intentional slamming or block like the Red Evo provoked me to drive the way I did. Instead of taking him out, the best revenge was to out distance him and beat him in the race. And that's what I sought out to do once I figured out he was relentless at driving to punt and slam others off the road. I wanted to chase him to let him know he didn't intimidate me and see how well composed he was if I gave him a good battle. I didn't have to take him out...The GTR did that for me on the straight.

I didn't take anyone out. See it this way....I'm driving a RWD car up front against these AWD bullies. They bang and rub through out the prior races with them. It's all part of the racing.

^It's all their fault, isn't it?

I'm sorry to say this, but I watched the complete vid and from my experience it's the poorest display of a GTP member I've seen so far. Most of your passes were dirty and despite it was clear that the other drivers didn't have any intentions of driving clean, yours weren't any better. You started your race with missing your braking point for the first corner and at the second corner you already started with using your opponents as a guard rail.

I your defense you weren't driving under your GTP tag so you're free to drive in what ever way you like, but then please don't post this vid here as a 'guide' how do deal with punters. This is NOT a clean way to treat them. The fact that some people reply saying they don't see anything wrong with it, worries me. When even GTP drivers start to drive like this, chances of having a fair race will reduce to a minimum.

When you're in a race full of punters, just try to give the right example. If you're lucky they'll learn quickly or when you're in a good mood, send them a message with a request to drive clean. Most of the times this won't help at all, but copying their type of driving will only make things worse.

For the record I'm not a saint. When I'm amongst other clean drivers and 1 driver is spoiling the fun with his unfair behaviour, I'll give him 1 or 2 extra chances and then I'll take him out. Unless I'm familiar with him. Then I'll get rid of him immediately.

However, your more gentle approach even makes GTP members think it's acceptable. Only that shouldn't be the case. They must disapprove it. Therefore I would kindly ask you if you could limit your future videos to the ones where you drive clean. I am not questioning your fairness because I've seen some good videos of you, but this way of dealing with punters is in my book just simply unacceptable for a GTP member..

I'm sorry to say this, but I watched the complete vid and from my experience it's the poorest display of a GTP member I've seen so far. Most of your passes were dirty and despite it was clear that the other drivers didn't have any intentions of driving clean, yours weren't any better. You started your race with missing your braking point for the first corner and at the second corner you already started with using your opponents as a guard rail.

I your defense you weren't driving under your GTP tag so you're free to drive in what ever way you like, but then please don't post this vid here as a 'guide' how do deal with punters. This is NOT a clean way to treat them. The fact that some people reply saying they don't see anything wrong with it, worries me. When even GTP drivers start to drive like this, chances of having a fair race will reduce to a minimum.

When you're in a race full of punters, just try to give the right example. If you're lucky they'll learn quickly or when you're in a good mood, send them a message with a request to drive clean. Most of the times this won't help at all, but copying their type of driving will only make things worse.

For the record I'm not a saint. When I'm amongst other clean drivers and 1 driver is spoiling the fun with his unfair behaviour, I'll give him 1 or 2 extra chances and then I'll take him out. Unless I'm familiar with him. Then I'll get rid of him immediately.

However, your more gentle approach even makes GTP members think it's acceptable. Only that shouldn't be the case. They must disapprove it. Therefore I would kindly ask you if you could limit your future videos to the ones where you drive clean. I am not questioning your fairness because I've seen some good videos of you, but this way of dealing with punters is in my book just simply unacceptable for a GTP member..

Hate to tell you this but you're in a minority. More than 60% of this forum agrees with dealing it back out. source

Breaker Ohio has already stated that he had raced this bunch already so he knew how the race was going to go before it started.

Leading idiots by example is on a hiding to nowhere - they just see you as the sitting duck you are.

because of my poor english i didn´t sayed anything. :indiff:

but i watched the video and i can agree only Hugo. very bad racing. :nervous:

I've just watched the clip again to make sure I didn't miss something and I feel I have to reiterate that there's absolutely nothing wrong with the way BreakerOhio handled himself.

I have a lot of respect for you, Rudi, I've seen the way you shift in 600pp races but just in case you (or any of the other detractors) don't have much experience in 750pp let me explain for you the anatomy of a 750pp race.

to begin with, in a field of 12 racers, a safe assumption (barring a grid full of tags) is that there will be between 3 and 4 competent drivers, including yourself, on the track. The rest of the field will be made up of between 6 and 8 R35's, hellbent on playing dodgems with anything that comes close to them, and a couple of GTlm specs, one of which will either be in the wall at T1 or pulling off 100mph donuts all the way down the straight into t2. (The other one you have to watch out for)

From the start, your mission is to get through the idiots as quickly as possible in order to catch up with the race which consists of at least one R35 and, with a bit of luck a vette, viper or gt06/lm although more often than not it'll be 2 R35's and a mines or evo. The countdown hits zero and you go screaming into T1, trying to find a safe sandwitch between 2 R35's to avoid being punted. Be careful not to lean on anyone round here because almost everyone is going to go ghost by the exit.

The other alternative is to hang back. Don't get suckered into this tactic because, from the rear, the rest of sector 1 is like sprinting through quicksand, if you have your wits about you you'll make it through in one piece but you'll be at least 6 secs behind the race when you come out of it and from there it's just a case of hotlapping for the next lap and two thirds - you'd be as well playing offline.

One you've cleared the mobile scrapyard there is some brilliant racing to be had but make no mistake - the only way to get there is to kick the living crap out of anything that stands between you and the action. I'm not saying don't give the other cars a chance - I will never draw first blood but, when they do what you expect, just push them out of the way and get on with it.

This is not how I want to be playing online but its the way it is. If BreakerOhio had posted a clip of himself driving that way in a private race I'd be jumping down his throat along with the rest of you but it wasn't a private race, it was a particularly bad example of a pub match, the two GT-R's at the front were 'uber punters' (ones that can actually drive)

BreakerOhio handled himself brilliantly, aided by the fact that he knew before the race started how the field was going to be laid out. So he didn't have to hang about and lose vital seconds waiting to see who was going to attack him.

My only criticism - I'd have left that bloody phone and pwned those two idiots at the end.

You come off as a hypocrite with the parts I have bolded from your comments. You say you would retaliate by taking someone out. Unlike your method, I only drove aggressive and sought to redeem my position that was losted to being rammed by driving aggressive. I don't seek take out meneauvers, I seek winning as a way to retaliate. You are no better, and in my opinion your point of view lacks consistency when you are broadcasting your views of how represent good driving.

I survived many online races by driving defensively. I choose to race clean. But, enough and be enough. If you are the type that wants to keep getting slapped in the face, you my friend will always get slapped in the face. You don't necessaryly have to slap back, the anlogy is learn how to defend yourself.

I knew in showing this video would stir the pot from this community, bringing out comments and concerns like yours. I'm cool with hearing them, and share the video so that we can have it as evidence to talk about.

It's evident in the video, to me at least, that I demonstrated a way to respond to punters. Instead of giving up and cry, or resorting to their level and retaliating, I continued to race hard and from time to time during the battle, I diverge off the line to allow an overtake to prevent being punted. It takes negative perspective of yours to take my actions under the microscope and accuss me of suggesting that it's ok to drive aggressive online. Pfft!

Get a life!

This is a single video of an incident where I drove this way.

I knew in showing this video would stir the pot from this community, bringing out comments and concerns like yours. I'm cool with hearing them, and share the video so that we can have it as evidence to talk about.

Get a life!

BreakerOhio,
You claim that you posted this video to spark a debate and also clearly claim that you're "cool with hearing them", and yet you throw an off the cuff remark suggesting that Hugo should get a life after the comments made regarding your video.

So tell me, are you still "cool with hearing them"? It doesn't from where I'm standing.

BreakerOhio,
You claim that you posted this video to spark a debate and also clearly claim that you're "cool with hearing them", and yet you throw an off the cuff remark suggesting that Hugo should get a life after the comments made regarding your video.

So tell me, are you still "cool with hearing them"? It doesn't from where I'm standing.

I responded that way due to his comments being hypocritical and how he mention of worry that my actions cause others to believe something is acceptable.
Which is ridiculous do to the amount of other videos out there on youtube.

Since his comments were not limited to the video, by directing orders towards me and telling me not to share anymore videos of the like on top of saying that my "more gentle approach even makes GTP members think it's acceptable" kind of ticked me off to saying that. Is he my father?

It's like me saying, you cannot use that name Hugo...that name is branded by Hugo Boss. If you continue to use it, you are miss representing the brand by and should stop.

Yes I'm cool with hearing more. I openly receive criticism with all the videos I created, and I get responds from all angles of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Hugo did say that he would take out a known dirty driver, that's true, but your style of combating dirty drivers is more preemptive with a clear acceptance for collateral damage.

EDIT:

I’m aware that this was a demonstration of sorts, and is in no way your normal style of driving, but I would be less then happy if gtplanet supported this type of preemptive aggressive driving.

I believe the key word here is 'preemptive'. Hitting someone first is, in my opinion, always wrong and I'd be very surprised, not to mention disappointed, if anyone in this forum thought otherwise. However it is no longer 'preemptive' if you catch a punter back up after being rammed off track and then squeeze through, pushing him either wide or off the track.

It's also not preemptive, if he's been ramming you in half a dozen races beforehand, to brakecheck him, before a hairpin, at the start of the race. Just because it's a new race doesn't mean it's a new driver.

I'd also like to restate my point that there is a vast difference between the state of play in 600pp and 750pp. I wouldn't expect to find many races like the one in the video in a 600pp race. However, in the current 750 event, it really is the norm.

I believe the key word here is 'preemptive'. Hitting someone first is, in my opinion, always wrong and I'd be very surprised, not to mention disappointed, if anyone in this forum thought otherwise. However it is no longer 'preemptive' if you catch a punter back up after being rammed off track and then squeeze through, pushing him either wide or off the track.

It's also not preemptive, if he's been ramming you in half a dozen races beforehand, to brakecheck him, before a hairpin, at the start of the race. Just because it's a new race doesn't mean it's a new driver.

I'd also like to restate my point that there is a vast difference between the state of play in 600pp and 750pp. I wouldn't expect to find many races like the one in the video in a 600pp race. However, in the current 750 event, it really is the norm.

So before anyone views this video they first have to understand that all drivers on the track, except BreakerOhio, are punters? The yellow car @ 0.55 for just one example.

So before anyone views this video they first have to understand that all drivers on the track, except BreakerOhio, are punters? The yellow car @ 0.55 for just one example.

I'm assuming that, based on what B/O said. Otherwise, yes, it does look a bit suspect. I've never met BreakerOhio on track but, from what I've heard, it would be out of character for him to do something like that.

I do see your point, tho, without the backstory, it's not the best display.

You can clearly drive, and for the most part I don't see much wrong with your actions given the circumstances, but as Sphinx says, the overtake on the yellow Ford GT on lap 1 is a classic "stuff it down the inside from miles back" move... he'd made no contact with you prior to that and looked like he was taking a sensible line in to the corner.

But ultimately, that's more like dodgem cars than racing, and not the sort of racing I'd expect most GTPers to be interested in.

It's generally only like that through the first couple of sectors of the first lap. If and when you manage to clear the carnage there's some great racing to be had. Even with the inconvenience of having to wade through the sludge at the start I still much prefer it to 600pp HSR.

It's generally only like that through the first couple of sectors of the first lap. If and when you manage to clear the carnage there's some great racing to be had. Even with the inconvenience of having to wade through the sludge at the start I still much prefer it to 600pp HSR.

I prefer it too. I think it's the high speed and competitive nature of 750pp drivers that make racing these event's challenging to drive for podium. I'm still happy about the race because races like this are intense and you learn and get to practice driving in these situations.

From my experience with 750pp verses 600pp, a high percentage of this happens in 750pp events. We're all squeezing out front early so as to distance ourselves from the pack and a good race forms out front. I have no intent to take anyone out or use them a gaurge rail as my stradegy, when I'm driving at a face pace, it's going to look aggressive to see some of the driving that is required to avoid collisions, but we are racing here and during those speeds you a small timeframe to decide if you want to brake behind someone, or go for the overtake. The first couple of corners beginning this 750pp event I'm racing to get out front, I'm seeing my line ahead of me, but I also react to what happens. If some cuts in front of me, I do what I can to try and avoid them.

I assure the community here I do not go out of my way to seek ways to cheat. But when you are racing online with other human drivers, you have to make adjustments when you see fit. It may be the law to not jump a fence in your neighborhood, but it you have pit bulls chasing you, you might have to jump that fence for your safety. When a police chase happens in real life, they have no intentions of damaging property, but during the pursuit, they will take appropriate actions that may require them driving on the grass or damaging property. The first couple of corners, I'm racing, I see clutter in front of me, I'm going to diverge from my line to avoid an accident cut beside another racer.

I have no desire to take people out when I race. I have more satisfaction knowing that I beat someone that went out of their way to try and sabatoge the race for other drivers. I make it my goal to chase them down and overtake them.

It's just the first couple of corners of the race that any rubbing or door grinding usually happens unintentional, but all happening under the competitive nature of racing.

Last edited:
One of my races tonight. (Only completed 1 due to being logged out of the PSN network during the others...)

I led from the start to the start of lap 3. By the first corner of lap 3, I was 4th! Brilliant driving from 2fast4stig, bollocks and fair_play_please as the 3 of them were changing position for 3 laps with no contact.

BreakerOhio, Sphinx' words below exactly summarize the point I tried to make:

I’m aware that this was a demonstration of sorts, and is in no way your normal style of driving, but I would be less then happy if gtplanet supported this type of preemptive aggressive driving.

However since you state you make it your goal to chase them down and overtake them, it's also hard to believe for me that it's not your normal driving style. You gave yourself an excuse for dirty driving. If you can, then all the punters have an excuse for their unfair driving too. Don't they?

I race online because I'm looking for fair and entertaining battles on track. If I'm unlucky and only have punters in my race, I'd rather get slapped in the face than that I lower myself to their level. That's because it's not in my advantage to spread dirty driving. I'll take my 'loss' and wait for better times. Luckily that's what most of us drivers here at GTP already do. I'd like to keep it that way, though.

One of my races tonight. (Only completed 1 due to being logged out of the PSN network during the others...)

I led from the start to the start of lap 3. By the first corner of lap 3, I was 4th! Brilliant driving from 2fast4stig, bollocks and fair_play_please as the 3 of them were changing position for 3 laps with no contact.

Yeah that was an awesome race I remember. Was first in lap 3 but couldn't stay in front in the last lap. Great driving, lots of fun! 👍

Do you have a better version (higher res) of that video? Maybe I can download it somewhere?

Last edited:
Yeah that was an awesome race I remember. Was first in lap 3 but couldn't stay in front in the last lap. Great driving, lots of fun! 👍

Do you have a better version (higher res) of that video? Maybe I can download it somewhere?
HSR race between 2fast4stig, bollocks & fair_play_please 61mb mp4 file

There you go. I had to zip it as my website doesn't allow the finding or downloading of mp4 files (even though my FTP programme can upload them and see them... :confused: )

Eins zwelf ist sehr güt. I can get 1'12s when I slipstream, or on the rare super fast lap (my lap record in free run is 1'12.863). Looks like you had a pretty good battle though.👍

Here's a couple of races from earlier today.

Good, clean fight between me and mexz.

A close race, with an even closer finish, between atdz, mexz, mello446, GTRP_Muffin and me

last night at HSR.

pulsar, mexz, mr_geez, GTP_max, PASM, RudiRaser-GTRP.

👍 👍

thanks for posting Rudi!! great race,shame about me hitting the wall at the end and losing 2 places :yuck: overall it was great night of racing, thanks to all involved 👍

Latest Posts

Back