Rain & Snow in Gran Turismo 5 - [UPDATED] finally, officially confirmed!!!!!

C'mon on man it was shown like that for demo purpose only. they where showing it off. It will be much more realistic in the final game.

I hope so and thats what I figuered, but you never known. I have seen some pretty similar stupid stuff implemented in games when they could have easily made it better in the past.

I hope so and thats what I figuered, but you never known. I have seen some pretty similar stupid stuff implemented in games when they could have easily made it better in the past.

I believe in a recent interview with Kaz, he stated that the day/night cycles can be adjusted, to either have the sun go down quick, or be realistic.

It's an accellerated time cycle, from the sounds of it it will be adjustable in the game. If you race a 24 hour endurance race you'll only see one sunset and one sunrise.

It's an accellerated time cycle, from the sounds of it it will be adjustable in the game. If you race a 24 hour endurance race you'll only see one sunset and one sunrise.

Its not the number of sunsets and sunrises or the duration of the cycles I'm talking about, its how fast the transition from day to night happens.

They can easily make it happen twice a day and claimn its realistic but then screw up by making it go from day to night in seconds like all the footage weve seen so far rather than hours.

When the track is wet/raining. Do I take the same racing line with slower driving or I need to have a new strategy?

When the track is wet/raining. Do I take the same racing line with slower driving or I need to have a new strategy?
Some drivers prefer to follow a different line when it's raining, example in a right turn, they stay a bit more onthe left side and then thy "cut" turn to the right.. more directly, because rear wheels risk to spin if you push gas too early while turning.

What will rain do to permanent open cockpit cars? Where does the rain go to?

It seems to do nothing, which is silly. Convertible vehicles should automatically cover their cockpits when the rain starts - or if the track is starting in the rain, they should start with their tops up. 👍

In GT4 cars tops were down and up. Some cars you could not have them down. BUt I think in GT5 it will be possible. It would be cool to drive the SL AMG with top down.

I'm amazed that anyone didnt discussed about this:

and low visibility conditions,low and high light beams might indicate this but we're not sure about how the visibility could screw up a race like a Track Creator rally stage where you dont know the route and end up crashing,we have some clues of low visibility on the snow but not in numburgring yet,I'm still yet to see a fog race in GT,like the ones on PGR4(which I just play reciently,its incredible I cannot wait for weather 👍).

I'm amazed that anyone didnt discussed about this:
and low visibility conditions,low and high light beams might indicate this but we're not sure about how the visibility could screw up a race like a Track Creator rally stage where you dont know the route and end up crashing,we have some clues of low visibility on the snow but not in numburgring yet,I'm still yet to see a fog race in GT,like the ones on PGR4(which I just play reciently,its incredible I cannot wait for weather 👍).

I could see it screwing up the players vision, forcing the driver to slow down. But the question is unlike rain or snow that affect traction, how would it affect a AI that can follow a racing line with it's eyes closed.:sly:

can't wait for an endurance race in the rain! on any track, but mostly the nurb'. It's a recipe for disaster! The car will be a write off :lol:

If it was like the F1 Korean GP was this weekend, with full damage, it would be ultimate torture.

Last edited:
I could see it screwing up the players vision, forcing the driver to slow down. But the question is unlike rain or snow that affect traction, how would it affect a AI that can follow a racing line with it's eyes closed.:sly:

Excellent point. 👍

I think the AI will be adjusted accordingly - let's hope. :sly:

With as much realism and detail the Polyphony Digital put into the interior view during the rain and snow, I really want to see that attention to detail with the exterior views of the vehicles - with rain drops and snow collecting and rolling off their chassis'!

Back