Ralf is staying

• Thread starter Talentless
  • 39 comments
Hmmm...

I don't know about Kimi and Ralph, but I'm just wondering what Montoya is thinking about Ralph's new deal.  :conf:

I expect Raikkonen to move to Ferrari in 2003 when Barichellos deal runs out with Sauber possibly getting there engines a bit cheaper that year. I have also heard that Sir Frank Williams and Patrick Head aren't too impressed with Montoya and that we may expect to see Jenson Button back in the Williams in 2003.

Interesting...where do you think Montoya will go if that happens?

I haven't got a clue but from todays showing, I think Montoya should be safe for the time being. I don't know what is going to happen in the future though but Button will definatly drive for Williams in 2003.

This is starting to sound like a soap opera or something.  :)

Micheal won't be around forever and the top drivers have been in it for years. With that said, I don't see Micheal's records being beaten for a very long time. I doubt the talent is high enough.

Vestappen, Kimi, Montoya and Ralf are the likely prospects. Hakinnen needs to get out of his slump and Coulthard will have to perform as well next year to be a serious candidate for record breaking.

Yes, Micheal is a very good and lucky driver.  49 wins for him now?

Don't miss Button and Alonso out of the names either. Button is the most likely to beat Schumachers records in my opinion.

Hey, Button will be returning to Williams in 2003.

Although he is still under contract to Williams, Jenson will spend the next two years with Benetton before returning to the BMW powered outfit in 2003.  (F1-Live)

I didn't know that...

Although he drives for Benetton he is still owned by Williams. Most drivers are owned by another team and leased for a few years - Button, Alonso, Trulli and maybe Heidfeld to name a few.

Oh, well, he's not doing too bad for 20 years old...  :D

Yeah, I know.  He sure did rise to the top awfully fast...

That will be great.  Schumacher will have to fight hard to hold on.  :)

If the BMW Williams keeps developing like it is at the moment, it could be better than the Ferrari in 2003 when Button will re-join which will really push Schumi.

:)  They already have a much more powerful engine, don't they?

It is significantly more powerful than anything else on the grid. Some say it could be about 40bhp up on anything else.

:eek:  I didn't realise it was that much!  I see they're certainly getting all that power in France this weekend...  :)

Williams will be team to beat in the last seven races. They should be quick at Silverstone, they will dominate at Hockenheim, they may struggle a little at the Hungaroring, they will be very quick at Spa, they will dominate Monza and maybe Indianapolis. Suzuka could go either way.

Oh, I can't wait to see Spa!  And Indianapolis...  :D

Does Spa has a lot of change in elevation (hills, etc.)?  I believe I might have seen it before on Legends of Motorsport.

Awesome, I believe I'm thinking of the right track then.  

Man, a modern F1 race there is going to rock!  I can't wait.  :D

Every year, the big challenge at Spa is to go through Eau Rouge flat out. Not many people do it and if you get it wrong, there wont be much left of your car.

Back