Rally Car Super Lap: Eiger Nordwand - K Trail

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 83 comments
As the only rally car in my garage was the Hyundai Accent and I was saving/grinding for the new Ferrari Berlinetta, I was determined to get gold and eventually did so with about 2 seconds to spare. Car was stock, I don't think I'd previously given it an initial oil change, but will check that. No aids except ABS at 1 which I always run with the DS3. Was fun, but I still loathe the long downhill section. The car loves to slide sideways like it's on marbles when you hit a corner with a nasty camber.

Hello,

this is my first Setup for the Rally

115/112
12,0/8,2
3/3
5/5
4/7
2,0/2,0
-0,1/-0,05

BB 5/6

6,000/230

Diff
5/5
30/40
5/7
50/50%

Tuning
Motor3 / Turbo3 -> 79,1%
Full wings

For me it is now 3:41,058

Greeting vom Germany

:cheers:
Does camber work here. I'm using a bit of a gammon tune I made up, mostly associated with power, height etc but I took the camber off the original tune (.5 / .5) as we always do in GT6. I of course will try some camber now but am wondering did you try it without first?
I am currently on 3:54.7 so expect you know a bit more about it than I do. Cheers, good time.

Still using my gammon tune but have improved a few sec's down to 3:50.609 and leapfrogged to the top of my leader board.
Can't imagine Wauk-azoo and Nowcontrol will be happy leaving things like that though.

Anyway will try rniw's tune and compare. Will let you know how I found it.

Oh well, you've had 2½ hours at the top Dalone, I hope you enjoyed it. :P :D I'm sure you can go faster.

I have just done a 3:47.6xx in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 👍
Ha ha, yeah, thanks for the couple of hours of glory. I had been playing and it seemed you were far too close to me. Never finished those last laps so not sure how they would have ended. Might give it another try when the boys are in bed tonight.
Anyway, great lap mate, well done.

Improved by nearly 4 seconds over that..... now at 3:43.8xx :crazy: and I think I could still squeeze even more time out from that with this car. :nervous:

Hi,
Here is my setup for Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car '03 . My time is 3:34,812 , P10 , I think I have 1 sec to improve!

Suspension:
150/155
8,21/7,51
6/7
5/6
7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: -0.05/ -0.16

Brake balance: 6/8

Transmisson:
First 210 klm
1. 2940
2. 2044
3. 1548
4. 1239
5. 1039
6. 0,897
and final 4500

LCD:
5/10
5/30
5/8
43/57

Power:
Engine 3
Turbo 1
88,7,%
441 HP
1230 kg

Wings:
150/350

Ballast weight: 0
Ballast position: 0

Good luck :)

Thanks for sharing the tune. 👍 And the car for this tune would be?
Just want to confirm its the Lancer Evo Super Rally '03 before updating the OP
. :D

EDIT: Car has been confirmed as the Lancer Evo Super Rally '03.
OP has been updated, thanks much for PM @iliasdc. :)

Sorry ,

i have forgotten to say that it was the Lancer ´03 (Time 3:41,058)

but if have tried the Quattro S1 and i think with good Setup the Audi will be better.

You do a superb job with the TT threads JogoAsobi. :bowdown:

Ugh. I am NOT looking forward to this event. I have to do it though, because I don't even attempt the drifting Seasonal Events. Frankly, I wish drifting wasn't even a part of this game, but I digress...the world doesn't revolve around me. Anyway, I never practice rally racing in GT6, probably because I just have a hard time believing the physics could be even remotely accurate. Plus, when you're car is up against a plastic fence 25% of the lap, but it's acting like it's made of steel, I don't know - I just get turned off by it. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm going to attempt this TT. I'm not expecting great results. Maybe I'll surprise myself! LOL Yeah, right...
I'm with you there, for some reason I don't care much about rallying and much less about drifting. I've completed two drifting events strictly for the paints and hated every moment of it. :crazy: Just got a 4:01.566 for gold and that's how it's going to stay.

PD has been very generous with the amount of time given to get gold recently. I think that's a way to get more people interested because if they're too difficult a lot of folks would loose interest.

Last edited:
Squeeze out some more time. Presently at 3:43.427 ;) Normally your a lot quicker than me, Nowcontrol :cheers:.

Well I will try, my last lap should have been at least .5 faster at the end but I had a twitchy moment at that last little left/right and the transition back on to the tarmac which buggered it up. :ouch:

Ha ha... just now put in a small improvement of .7 and my lap time is at 3:43.0xx 👍

I wish I could glide it through the corners faster/better than I do but I am useless with precise control on loose surfaces.

3'53.4 with Citroen C4 WRC '08 on DS3, can definitely do closer to (under?) 3'50.

Looked everywhere for a tune to no avail, so I worked on one. Might borrow some ideas here and there... running lower than 100 ride height and positive front and rear toe haha.

550pp, 498hp, 1230kg
Car comes with -2.0 front camber and -1.0 rear, I removed the rear and raised front to 1.5 or 1.2.

Last edited:
For fun I tried out a full tuned R8 Gordini - I achieved bronze somewhere around 4:40.

for a more serious attempt, I used the Starion - I really like that car even though it's not quite as stable as more modern cars, and it needs a bit of love from PD. Managed a 4:01.8 after the usual amount of DQs.

Ok here's my tune for Evo Super Rally '03 and this is like 3rd time I even try to make a tune for TT since my couple of first tries has been really awful :D but this one came up nicely, I mean at least I like how it drives and it could probably be quite fast since I could see my self do a lap somewhere in 3:34 just by doing a really nice lap (I try to think positive :D)

150/150
7.12/6.43
3/4comp
4/5 ext
4/4 arb
0/0 cam
-0.1/0.15
5/8 brakes

(do the power settings first)
top speed min
final min
set gears
set final 3.264

I think I chance gear on somewhere around 6.000 RPM and there seems to be a lot of room to play whit the gear chances.

LSD

5/5
20/40
5/5

50:50

power lim. 88.7
engine s.3
turbo low RPM

150/350

this should give 434 BHP 1230KG F/R W. dist. 54:46

And please do give me some feed back if you try it out. I'm quite helpless when it comes to tuning and would really like to evolve on making tunes and if someone would know how to make this tune some how FASTER (don't really mind if I have to change my driving a bit) please share it!! I mean the gears are set almost on guess work and I just softened the susp. as much as I dared and the I kind of intuitively set up the toe and LSD, so there should be lots of things that are not making it go any faster....

And yeah, this is not gonna make your life too easy, still demands great care and good line for the down hill and it also understeers on uphill hairpins a bit, but I think it's still quite manageable.

EDIT: I just changed some susp. settings and some on LSD too

Last edited:
ODB
Ok here's my tune and this is like 3rd time I even try to make a tune for TT since my couple of first tries has been really awful :D but this one came up nicely, I mean at least I like how it drives and it could probably be quite fast since I could see my self do a lap somewhere in 3:34 just by doing a really nice lap (I try to think positive :D)

140/135
7.12/6.43
3/4comp
4/5 ext
4/4 arb
0/0 cam
-0.1/0.15
5/8 brakes

(do the power settings first)
top speed min
final min
set gears
set final 3.264

I think I chance gear on somewhere around 6.000 RPM and there seems to be a lot of room to play whit the gear chances.

LSD

5/5
20/40
5/5

50:50

power lim. 88.7
engine s.3
turbo low RPM

150/350

this should give 434 BHP 1230KG F/R W. dist. 54:46

And please do give me some feed back if you try it out. I'm quite helpless when it comes to tuning and would really like to evolve on making tunes and if someone would know how to make this tune some how FASTER (don't really mind if I have to change my driving a bit) please share it!! I mean the gears are set almost on guess work and I just softened the susp. as much as I dared and the I kind of intuitively set up the toe and LSD, so there should be lots of things that are not making it go any faster....

And yeah, this is not gonna make your life too easy, still demands great care and good line for the down hill and it also understeers on uphill hairpins a bit, but I think it's still quite manageable.

EDIT: I just changed some susp. settings and some on LSD too

Thanks for sharing the tune. 👍
I am assuming it is the Evo Super Rally '03...
...I will post tune in OP once you confirm. :)

------------------------------------------------
A friendly reminder to all:
I really appreciate if everyone provides car details with tune.
Makes it a lot easier on me to keep the OP up-to-date. :cheers:

Thanks for sharing the tune. 👍
I am assuming it is the Evo Super Rally '03...
...I will post tune in OP once you confirm. :)

------------------------------------------------
A friendly reminder to all:
I really appreciate if everyone provides car details with tune.
Makes it a lot easier on me to keep the OP up-to-date. :cheers:
Oh sorry!! Yes it is for Evo super rally, and I'm also updating it still, not more till to morrow tough...

You could try running the High RPM turbo... you'll need to run more limiter, but as it produces less torque than the Low RPM turbo you end up with more power. Given the car is permanently struggling for traction you probably don't need the extra torque 👍

You could try running the High RPM turbo... you'll need to run more limiter, but as it produces less torque than the Low RPM turbo you end up with more power. Given the car is permanently struggling for traction you probably don't need the extra torque 👍
Hahah, yeah that sounds like a good advice, have seemed very difficult to get all the power down... Thanks, I'll try it first thing tomorrow!!

Ok, seems like I need totally different gearbox, and it chanced a whole lot more too...

I mean this was a really good tip, this was probably the last thing that would of come to my mind, and testing it has given me quite interesting result already just after couple of laps. I mean just a different turbo is making me chance my driving some what, I would have never guessed that 👍

Going to do more tests whit different turbos and we'll see...

When tuning for PPT's you should always look for the highest BHP:torque ratio.

Why?

1) BHP has a disproportionate affect on a cars performance

2) Torque doesn't decline as steeply as BHP when you use the power limiter

When tuning for PPT's you should always look for the highest BHP:torque ratio.

Why?

1) BHP has a disproportionate affect on a cars performance

2) Torque doesn't decline as steeply as BHP when you use the power limiter

Actually did couple of laps whit low turbo and went back to high, and now that I shortened up the gear box it totally feels whole lot different.

Now back to powersliding on mountain hills :D ( ok maybe little less of that could suffice :D)

Just watched Shooter's lap... great lap!

He's using wheelspin mid corner to keep the car turning, then short-shifting soon as he has it pointing at the exit. Fantastic feel he has for tjhe weight transfers of the car.

His car has a load of entry rotation... Wonder if he's using some ballast as his ride height looks normal. Think he's using a lot of front diff and 50:50 torque too - the way the car pulls itself straight soon as he gets on the power,

in top 10 leader board replay,s

and i got an average 3:43.183 on this one i'm done :D
You can watch anyone's replay. I'm going to keep chipping away at this. At 3:40.XXX and there is plenty of time to gain. Still haven't got the car to where I want it yet.

Back