Rally Car Super Lap: Eiger Nordwand - K Trail

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 83 comments
Ran this last light,
Just used the basically stock Audi S1,
softened it up to around ~7kg springs.
Originally runnning 40:60 torque split

Never driven the track before but Easy gold time on the 1st lap, but a wide drift early in the lap made it invalid
reset TS back to 50:50 on the fly and golded the second lap. (including a spectacular 360 corner entry over the jump just before turn 7 (??)

I did find that the 50/50 torque distribution is very handy here to allow you to accelerate the long downhill sections, sideways but fully in control.

I like this circuit,
Will give the old Audi as much grunt and weight reduction as i can squeeze in and see how far you can push it

And to re-iterate
those thinking this is going to bust your wheels, what are you smoking..?
I'm running a DFGT with FFB on 9 and it's smooth as silk.
Maybe you need to look at your setups. Rally cars on dirt don't require 14kg springs.....

Last edited:
You can watch anyone's replay. I'm going to keep chipping away at this. At 3:40.XXX and there is plenty of time to gain. Still haven't got the car to where I want it yet.
I thought you could only watch the top 10 replays. Or is it that you can only 'load the ghost" of the top ten replays?

Ran this last light,
Just used the basically stock Audi S1,
softened it up to around ~7kg springs.
Originally runnning 40:60 torque split

Never driven the track before but Easy gold time on the 1st lap, but a wide drift early in the lap made it invalid
reset TS back to 50:50 on the fly and golded the second lap. (including a spectacular 360 corner entry over the jump just before turn 7 (??)

I did find that the 50/50 torque distribution is very handy here to allow you to accelerate the long downhill sections, sideways but fully in control.

I like this circuit,
Will give the old Audi as much grunt and weight reduction as i can squeeze in and see how far you can push it

And to re-iterate
those thinking this is going to bust your wheels, what are you smoking..?
I'm running a DFGT with FFB on 9 and it's smooth as silk.
Maybe you need to look at your setups. Rally cars on dirt don't require 14kg springs.....

Well, my dfgt has a small space in it where it moves without touching anything, it's only a millimeter or two but that couses a lot of rattle on rally, even though I'm running on quite soft susp.

ODB
Well, my dfgt has a small space in it where it moves without touching anything, it's only a millimeter or two but that couses a lot of rattle on rally, even though I'm running on quite soft susp.
Yep, mine (and all of them) has the central dead-zone
rally cars should basically be in a constant state of sliding/ turning where you're always working with the FFB

Now 3:41.887 with Super Evo Rally Car '03. :)
900º wheel/no wheel or driving assists/0 ABS.

Still more time to be had, if not for driver error. :lol:
Using @SW__10's Evo Super Rally Car '03 tune (2nd version) :bowdown:
----------------------------------
Yep, mine (and all of them) has the central dead-zone
rally cars should basically be in a constant state of sliding/ turning where you're always working with the FFB

T500 now has similar dead zone post v.1.09. :irked:
Never had it before, and its not there when I run same cars/tracks in GT5. 👎

Last edited:
When tuning for PPT's you should always look for the highest BHP:torque ratio.

Why?

1) BHP has a disproportionate affect on a cars performance

2) Torque doesn't decline as steeply as BHP when you use the power limiter
what's PPT?

Interesting theory about highest power to torque ratio... I was testing different setups yesterday, wondering what was best: 450hp & 600ft-lb, or 490hp & 520ft-lb. Not conclusive enough but that might just be because I was alternating cars instead of trying different setup on the same car.

👍
it's weird using a Rally car with anything other than 50/50 to me. I wonder if all these tunes wouldn't be quicker with it, only downside of 50/50 can be understeer, but it's not a problem on this track.

After a couple dozen laps of frustration I finally finished a clean lap, 3:39.406 using an 03' Impreza. I'm not much for curse words but I sure had a couple good ones crashing on the downhill section.
give the Impreza '08 a try? I think it's shorter in length, smaller/narrower/lighter cars work well at K-trail, at least they did for me:

High 3'49 lap on DS3 with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (the blue car, only 1110kg).
3'48.5 lap with the Tarmac RC and its 1000kg but not valid cos I barely clipped a wall.

Don't bother with the late models except the Lancia '86, most have bad traction and/or terrible gear bogs.
Very disappointed in the Peugeot 207, onto to the Suzuki and Audi S1 now..

Last edited:
Interesting theory about highest power to torque ratio... I was testing different setups yesterday, wondering what was best: 450hp & 600ft-lb, or 490hp & 520ft-lb. Not conclusive enough but that might just be because I was alternating cars instead of trying different setup on the same car.

👍
it's weird using a Rally car with anything other than 50/50 to me. I wonder if all these tunes wouldn't be quicker with it, only downside of 50/50 can be understeer, but it's not a problem on this track.

you're generally looking for a situation of "more area under the torque and power curves"
Unless you're a driver who's constantly up/down the gears to keep it in a short rev range.
Personally, I like to let a car "flow" and don;t really feel it's as easy when hunting through gears.

I'll change torque bias dependent on weight distribution, but I generally like 40:60 or 45:55 split,
I love being sideways on dirt and it fits with my "flowing" driving style, keeping it in an almost constant slide.

you're generally looking for a situation of "more area under the torque and power curves"
Unless you're a driver who's constantly up/down the gears to keep it in a short rev range.
Personally, I like to let a car "flow" and don;t really feel it's as easy when hunting through gears.

I'll change torque bias dependent on weight distribution, but I generally like 40:60 or 45:55 split,
I love being sideways on dirt and it fits with my "flowing" driving style, keeping it in an almost constant slide.
that makes sense... I've tried to keep the weight at 50/50 distribution as much as possible, hence why the 50/50 LSD split was working.
What do you think about LSD split for a front heavy car? Can't remember which right now but one of the Rally cars is at 58/42 weight.

I'm not "a driver who's constantly up/down the gears to keep it in a short rev range" btw, I mostly use automatic gears :embarrassed:

Just signed in to find another update. 2,115MB. Bugga. That'll take an hour or more probably.
thanks for the heads up! was gonna go to bed without having done it.

Damn I suck at rally :P, I did it with a totally stock (not adjusted 1 single thing, used it as it came from store) Audi Quatrro S1 Rally car and got a time of 4:00 min, of course is far from the top of the ranking but I'm just posting so you can have an idea that this is a great car and with some adjustments you can get a very good lap time. (I lack of setup knowledge)

Driving an oiled Quattro S1 with no aids (bar ABS set to 1) and a stock set (with a notch of rear brake bias) using the DF GT, I managed to get 3:42:435

0wb7w6V.jpg

I get surprised if I even get into the top 1000, but this is far too shocking for me. (Subject to change)

The downhill section seems to get me everytime, I can keep up with @GT_Rajman and the rest of the aliens up until that part, and then I loose a second downhill, and then maintain that second from where the W trail begins until the finish line.:crazy:

Is there a way to turn off the force feedback on the dfgt for rallys? I usually have it off, but with rallys is on maximum and there's nothing I can do about it?

It's clear rallying is not for me, atleast not on such long and tight track as this, currently 8'th with 3:31.141. Possibly 0.5 sec to improve, but that will only get me 7'th anyway so I cant be bothered:P

@GT_Rajman 's tune works like a charm, albeit it's a bit too low, I increased the ride height for the best result:)

Yup, I'm passing on this one also. It will destroy my wheel!

Back