Random Cat Thread

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 96 comments
Australia
Melbourne
The super duper Random Cat Thread

That's right I suck at making threads so please ignore the embarrassing title above.

There aren't many rules that I can think of, just adhere to the AUP as usual and lets have some nice discussions about cats.

You can post anything cat related, pics of your own cat(s), interesting articles about cats, discuss cats, post videos, photos, etc.

@catamount39 would you like to do the honors and get the ball rolling?

Edit: I've updated the crummy OP with this beautiful photo of a fat cat chilling on the sidewalk which I consider to be one of the best photographs ever taken. I would personally say it rivals in greatness that very popular photo by Steve McCurry "Afghan Girl". Obviously I am exaggerating but don't you just want to squeeze that fatty and cuddle him forever?

f_42ef68b8f5.jpg

Last edited:
My cat Steve has 3 legs. Had one amputated after getting hit by a car. Now he's a tripod but still getting along just fine.

A house near me has a tripod tortoise cat. He seems pretty content and moves around fine although he likes to stay near his cat flap.

I like the fact your cat has a full name. Why not call him Colonel Steven 'Night Marauder' Furmittens... or just Steve for short?

Can't be named after me anyway. I'm a PH not a V. You know, dead posh like.

This is my fur baby, I had posted this same pic at the show your pets thread but anyway in case you missed her here she is. She's called Gorda which is Spanish for Fat, she's lovely and chilled out. Very sociable as well, if she likes you she'll stand on her back legs, hug your neck with her front legs (if you're sitting and she's standing on your lap that is) and proceed to head butt you and rub her head on your chin. She's nearly silent and hardly meows, she'll hunt birds and bring them to you and seem confused when you look disgusted at the horror scene. She's pretty special, even my wife who's never liked cats also likes her.

image.jpeg

Back