Random Cat Thread

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 96 comments
dont-listen-to-him-hes-lion-meme.jpg

lion_o_408369.jpg

http://messybeast.com/cat-grief.htm

When cats grieve.

Have you guys are ver noticed anything like that?

I have been a Vet. Tech for the last 14 years at a Feline Only clinic. I witness grief in cats and in humans on an almost daily basis. How can we (animals included) not feel something when an important part of our lives is suddenly gone? It shows is such varying ways too.

Cats are fascinating creatures that get misunderstood a lot. Believe it or not there are some hospitals that wont cater to the feline patient. I have taken care of cats that other clinics said they wont see again. We get the best of the worst. But really, no cat is bad. Thankfully times are changing in the cats favor. Felines now out populate dogs as household pets in the U.S.
Hospitals, like ours, are opening just to cater to felines only. Medicines (Vaccines, pain controls, antibiotics), which have NEVER been made for felines, are now being produced strictly for them. I've had the good fortune to take part in 3 separate drug studies for medication - 2 kidney medications and an insulin medication. All for cats!

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. Cats rule, dogs drool. (just kidding)

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. Cats rule, dogs drool. (just kidding)
As stated earlier, I hate cats. Domesticated cats that is. I can however, appreciate them. Even more so, I can appreciate what you do for them. :cheers: (I know like to :cheers: :))

As for the dog part, I love dogs. But some of them know how slop up their pillow! Not a fan of drooling drugs. Sooo grossssssss. :yuck:

I am a fan of big cats. Love them always have ever since I was a child. I just wish that domesticated cats didn't have claws, was excited when I get home, and listened to me when I told it to sit. The cat anatomy is really cool, just not their loyalty. To me anyways.

In or at your back door?

They were between the outside of the back door and the fly screen door, sort of sandwiched between them. We got home pretty late, had gone out for dinner, started hearing these meows but we didn't pay any attention to them until we realised it wasn't stopping and sounded like it was pretty near. We opened the door and there they were.

It still a mistery to me how they ended up there, someone must have had to open the garage and place them between the doors. I thought it could have been a momma cat that was transporting them to a different place but I spent a few hours that night outside seeing if there was any sign of their mum and didn't see or hear anything.

Yesterday my friend who lives about a mile away found a random cat outside in his yard. Today he found the same cat a mile from my house. And 20 minutes ago that same cat appeared outside my window. Then Chuck found him a couple minutes later and he hasn't taken his eyes off the other cat since.

Snapchat-602724228.jpg

Back