Rap aka R&B is crap. What do you tihink about it?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tercel_driver
  • 182 comments
  • 9,624 views

So, what do you think about it?

  • It is crap. I can't stand it.

    Votes: 54 52.9%
  • Wtf are you talking about. This kicks ass.

    Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Doesnt know/prefer not to give opinion.

    Votes: 10 9.8%

  • Total voters
    102
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...because all that's doing is making people dress in stupid clothes and making them use stupid slang words...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So no other genre of music has ever influenced what type ofclothes and slang words of the listeners? Interesting.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I admit I was wrong about "gangsta rap" influence . Also, I should have said MTV influenced instead of rap influenced for The Fast and The Furious and 2 Fast 2 Furious(those movies still sucked).
 
Originally posted by Tyrant
Hello, I just joined this board.

I don't like rap music. Personally, I'd be embarrassed if I did. It's just not my style of music. I don't like Hip Hop, R&B, or Soul either. I absolutely hate "gangsta rap" because all that's doing is making people dress in stupid clothes and making them use stupid slang words. Not everyone does that but I still don't like it.
Welcome, and I will agree with you on the fact that rap sucks. I'll also agree with you that I hate those people that go around wearing pants down around there ankles and shirts way too big for them.

I remember one of my friends mention metal to this girl and she said, "NO! Metal is evil!" Where do people get this idea that metal is evil? Oh, well.
Well, when I think of Metal I think of stuff like Marilyn (spelling?) Manson, which in my opinion, is evil. If you're referring to stuff like Tool and such, I categorize that as Hard Rock.

One thing I don't like is those people that think they're better than anyone and they listen to rap music because they think it will make them look cool. I don't listen to metal just to look cool. I listen to metal because I like it and I like rock too.
Rock > Metal > Rap. Oh, and I agree with you about those people that think they're top **** because they listen to rap.

Some people who listen to rap are under the belief that people who don't like rap are racists. I don't think this is true. I'm not racist and I don't like Rap, Hip Hop, Soul, or R&B.

I don't like rap influenced movies like The Fast and The Furious or 2 Fast 2 Furious.

MTV plays too much crap so I just avoid that channel.

I noticed some people said they hate punk rock. I assume they're talking about Good Charlotte, Blink-182, and Avril Lavigne which are terrible bands.
I can't recall anyone flaming me when I tell them that rap sucks... F&F and 2F2F where (obviously) influenced by street racing, not rap. Rap is just part of the street racing package it seems.

People can listen to rap if they want to. I just prefer not to. Go ahead and call me an ignorant moron. That's not going make me start listening to something I don't want to listen to.
Well, there. I managed to successfully segment your post and comment on it and I have to agree with 99% of what you said. :)
 
Originally posted by Shannon
Welcome, and I will agree with you on the fact that rap sucks. I'll also agree with you that I hate those people that go around wearing pants down around there ankles and shirts way too big for them.

I listen to rap, and I may wear my clothes a little bigger than most people wear them, but my clothes aren't to the point that they wont stay on. I agree that pants down to the ankle and shirts way to big looks kinda dumb, but thats their style.


I can't recall anyone flaming me when I tell them that rap sucks... F&F and 2F2F where (obviously) influenced by street racing, not rap. Rap is just part of the street racing package it seems.

I agree that obviously it was based on street racing, so I agree, I think it just happened that they put alot of rap music in the movie.


I dont consider any kind of music as "crappy". I just dislike certain types so I choose not to listen. Do I think I look cool just because I listen? No, I honestly dont give rats arse if any person thinks I look cool or not. They're entitled to their own oppinion.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the fact that people claim rap music causes violence. I have never gone out looking for fights just because I have listened to a certain song. Yes, some songs do have lyrics that glorify beating someone up, or shooting at the police, or doing anything. But these people would have probally done it anyway. Working right outside of DC in a city called Capitol Hieghts (which is a very bad place, last week some guy ran in our store after he had been shot in his arse), I see this kind of stuff everyday, I also see these people before and after it happens. These people are the type who are doing something illegal, and shoot at cops because they think it will help them get away. I don't go out and do anything because I listen to rap music, I may have an occasional fight, where a weapon may be pulled, but as many may or may not remember, I was the kid who joined a gang. And I did not do so because of rap music. I did it because I chose to (which I realize now was a mistake, and am in the process of getting out, which may or may not send me to the hospital). So this stuff just comes to me. Yes I do carry a knife, and a box cutter (very sharp and easy to explain), I have also carried a gun, but not regulary. Do I do this because people say rap music promotes it? NO, I do it because I know everyone that has a problem with me will bring something besides an attitude, fist, and other people. So as far as I'm concerned, rap is just a music preference.
 
rap is good, its all about the lyrics, i bet not one rock or metal artist could drop lyrics a quarter as good as Biggie could of and even if they did it would take them at least an hour to do it if that.
 
Originally posted by xtra S
rap is good, its all about the lyrics, i bet not one rock or metal artist could drop lyrics a quarter as good as Biggie could of and even if they did it would take them at least an hour to do it if that.

That's dumb. There are plenty of rock or metal artists that are better lyricists than Biggie. There are also plenty of Rap MCs who are better lyricists than Biggie. Allow me to name a few.

Rap MCs
Q-Tip [A Tribe Called Quest]
Phife Dawg [A Tribe Called Quest]
Aesop Rock
Lateef the Truth Speaker [Latyrx]
Evidence and Akaa [Dilated Peoples]
The MCs from Jurassic 5

Rock/Metal/Whatever Lyricists
Scott Weiland [Stone Temple Pilots]
Maynard James Keenan [Tool]
John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison
Beck Hansen [his lyrics are bogus which is what makes them great actually]

Need I go on? You really picked a terrible MC [Biggie] and called him great. I like Rap and Rock both; I don't see what this has to do with genres.
 
I duno why you think biggie sucks.. Ive heard heaps of his freestyles there pretty good, anyway, i was just comparing skills of rappers to that of metal people since thats wat people seem to like here, people think rappers dont have skills they just talk which is stupid, some of the lyrics ive heard kill that of those by bands like metallica or tool.
 
I don't understand why the genre should be an issue at all. It's all music. Most of it bad, some of it good.

Tool has the best lyrics of any band today. No question. I dare you to find a group with deeper meaning lyrics.
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
I don't understand why the genre should be an issue at all. It's all music. Most of it bad, some of it good.

Exactly, seeing as you've put it so well can somebody please close this thread.
 
CRAP total trash. i turn on video hits in the morning and all i see is overweight black rappers that seems to be singing the same song over and over again
 
So why don't you take some initiative and listen to some real music?
 
Originally posted by Tercel_driver
Personally I can't stand that type of music. It is not even music, just chit-chat about the stupidest things ever with a single tone of music. The videos are even worse. Why the heck do they have to show a nice car in their crappy videos? It seems they will never make a video without including a Ferrari, Lamborgini, nor those expensive European cars. That just shows the level of materialism this kind of people have, and the big level of ignorance they own. Why cant they make at least a R&B video that includes some creativity. It is just the same crap. People with ugly clothes, a white shirt, baggy pants and a gold chain inside an expensive European car. Talk about contrast!

shut up you.. just cause ur a loner dont mean u gotta be hatin on the rappers.. u would like rap too if you had friends that liked rap.. but u dont.. cause ur a loner.. that nobody likes
 
Originally posted by 2ez2KiLL
shut up you.. just cause ur a loner dont mean u gotta be hatin on the rappers.. u would like rap too if you had friends that liked rap.. but u dont.. cause ur a loner.. that nobody likes

LOL!

That was pathetic!

Keep it up dude! 👍
 
Originally posted by Klostrophobic
That's dumb. There are plenty of rock or metal artists that are better lyricists than Biggie. There are also plenty of Rap MCs who are better lyricists than Biggie. Allow me to name a few.

Rap MCs
Q-Tip [A Tribe Called Quest]
Phife Dawg [A Tribe Called Quest]
Aesop Rock
Lateef the Truth Speaker [Latyrx]
Evidence and Akaa [Dilated Peoples]
The MCs from Jurassic 5

And.....

DJ Paul, Juicy J, Lord Infamous, Crunchy Black [Triple Six Mafia]
 
one thing that annoys me is when people say " if you've heard one rap song you've heard them all". What crap

That could be said about any genre of music.
Another thing that annoys me is Gothic people who listen to alternative music to be different yet they all look the same with there powdered white faces, oversized boots, and stripey knee length socks.

Tyring to argue about whether R&B/Rap is good is pointless because they are two different genres of music.

You wouldnt compare Notorious B.I.G, 50 Cent, Method Man or Redman to Aaliyah would you? Of course there are people who are in between rap/R&B like Missy Elliot, who perform some R&B tracks but they'll have a Rapper appear (such as Gossip Folks, Feat, Ludacris).
 
50 cent sucks ass, so does Eminem.

I'm into Rock/Hard Rock/Metal. The only rapper I respect is 2Pac and that is after my sister listened to him for awhile.
 
Originally posted by Terran
50 cent sucks ass, so does Eminem.

I'm into Rock/Hard Rock/Metal. The only rapper I respect is 2Pac and that is after my sister listened to him for awhile.

I like 2Pac. Why? Because he's dead.

The only good rapper is a dead rapper. 👍
 
Originally posted by Tercel_driver
LOL!

That was pathetic!

Keep it up dude! 👍

yep.. thx :)..

now about being pathetic... who would really be proud of driving a tercel?? :rolleyes:
 
Originally posted by Ryan
I like 2Pac. Why? Because he's dead.

The only good rapper is a dead rapper. 👍

yup.....you proved it........youre an ignorant idiot:tdown:


oh yeah and.....

Originally posted by pimpin_t
one thing that annoys me is when people say " if you've heard one rap song you've heard them all". What crap

That could be said about any genre of music.
Another thing that annoys me is Gothic people who listen to alternative music to be different yet they all look the same with there powdered white faces, oversized boots, and stripey knee length socks.

Tyring to argue about whether R&B/Rap is good is pointless because they are two different genres of music.

You wouldnt compare Notorious B.I.G, 50 Cent, Method Man or Redman to Aaliyah would you? Of course there are people who are in between rap/R&B like Missy Elliot, who perform some R&B tracks but they'll have a Rapper appear (such as Gossip Folks, Feat, Ludacris).



very good point pimpin_t:tup:

and oh yeah while im here editing......

tercel_driver...youre just as ignorant as Ryan
 
I just can't stand that "rap" music. Thats why I prefer Heavy Metal. Reasons why?

1. Its not loud enough
2. All rap sounds almost the same
3. my main reason why: its not satanic style music

I like to listen to all the heavy music that talks a bout satanism, killing, hating and lots of head-banging.

The only rap artist I wouldn't isult is 2pac because my older brother likes his music. .....................................................

"The Gates of Hell lie waiting as you see
There's no price to pay just follow me
I can take your lost soul from the grave
Jesus knows your soul can not be saved

Crucify the so called Lord
He soon shall fall to me
Your souls are damned your God has fell
To slave for me eternally
[Satan’s Voice: Hell Awaits!]

The Reaper guard's the darkened Gates
That Satan calls his home
Demons feed the furnace where
The Dead are free to roam" - from the song "Hell Awaits" by Slayer (http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/slayer/hellawaits.html)
 
Originally posted by milefile
What is called R&B today is sad. When I hear R&B I think Aretha Franklin, Steveie Wonder, etc. These labels are made up by record company executives to get R&B fans to buy into rap and hip-hop as if were remotely similar. It's a scam. I don't much like rap or hip-hop, but R&B informed trance-like "rock" is really good, like Portishead, Cibo Mato, maybe even Massive Attack.

It's so hard to label music. Ya just gotta hear it.
I agree totally. The only rap I can stand is the more relaxed stuff of People Under The Stairs and some 1200 Techniques stuff (might not know 1200 cos there aussie)
 
What the **** are u talkin bout hijo de puta? U don't know **** about rap so shut tha **** up before you get smacked the **** up! U think your so clever and ****, I would like to get hold of u and slice your ****in throat *****. What the **** are u sayin about cars and ****? Not all rappers are like that, those are tha mutha****az like Nelly and R.Kelly etc who arent even rappers or some other rappers but most rappers dont ****in talk about 20" chrome rims and cristal, listen to Big L and see what he raps about, and at least gangsta rap is about real **** not like alot of rock which is about bull**** and there are loads of different types of rap also so don't talk **** about what u don't know maricon. And to that muthafuka who said its mostly all the same its not, and there is rap about Satan aswell.
 
Originally posted by Kato Tha Reapa
What the **** are u talkin bout hijo de puta? U don't know **** about rap so shut tha **** up before you get smacked the **** up! U think your so clever and ****, I would like to get hold of u and slice your ****in throat *****. What the **** are u sayin about cars and ****? Not all rappers are like that, those are tha mutha****az like Nelly and R.Kelly etc who arent even rappers or some other rappers but most rappers dont ****in talk about 20" chrome rims and cristal, listen to Big L and see what he raps about, and at least gangsta rap is about real **** not like alot of rock which is about bull**** and there are loads of different types of rap also so don't talk **** about what u don't know maricon. And to that muthafuka who said its mostly all the same its not, and there is rap about Satan aswell.

Welcome to GTP.

It is not reccomended to use the word **** in every sentence. It makes you look stupid.
 
Originally posted by gtavcfan
I just can't stand that "rap" music. Thats why I prefer Heavy Metal. Reasons why?

1. Its not loud enough
2. All rap sounds almost the same
3. my main reason why: its not satanic style music

I like to listen to all the heavy music that talks a bout satanism, killing, hating and lots of head-banging.

The only rap artist I wouldn't isult is 2pac because my older brother likes his music. .....................................................

"The Gates of Hell lie waiting as you see
There's no price to pay just follow me
I can take your lost soul from the grave
Jesus knows your soul can not be saved

Crucify the so called Lord
He soon shall fall to me
Your souls are damned your God has fell
To slave for me eternally
[Satan’s Voice: Hell Awaits!]

The Reaper guard's the darkened Gates
That Satan calls his home
Demons feed the furnace where
The Dead are free to roam" - from the song "Hell Awaits" by Slayer (http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/slayer/hellawaits.html)

whoa..
 
I see that you got your title back, askia47. Congrats, bud. :D

More on topic: I don't know how you can say that Rap/R&B is crap as a whole, there are so many different types of artists in those genres. I agree that mainstream rap is crap, but don't diss the underground stuff, like Jurassic5 and Swollen Members, they're just too good to miss.
 
Originally posted by 2ez2KiLL
shut up you.. just cause ur a loner dont mean u gotta be hatin on the rappers.. u would like rap too if you had friends that liked rap.. but u dont.. cause ur a loner.. that nobody likes
I have friend's that like rap music, most of them do, but i don't like rap. Have a nice day!:)
 
Originally posted by Kato Tha Reapa
What the **** are u talkin bout hijo de puta? U don't know **** about rap so shut tha **** up before you get smacked the **** up! U think your so clever and ****, I would like to get hold of u and slice your ****in throat *****. What the **** are u sayin about cars and ****? Not all rappers are like that, those are tha mutha****az like Nelly and R.Kelly etc who arent even rappers or some other rappers but most rappers dont ****in talk about 20" chrome rims and cristal, listen to Big L and see what he raps about, and at least gangsta rap is about real **** not like alot of rock which is about bull**** and there are loads of different types of rap also so don't talk **** about what u don't know maricon. And to that muthafuka who said its mostly all the same its not, and there is rap about Satan aswell.
I think this pretty much qualifies as all of your chances blown in one shot.

Make another post that is ANYTHING like this and you will be banned, instantly and permanently.

Have a nice day, gangstaboi.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
I think this pretty much qualifies as all of your chances blown in one shot.

Make another post that is ANYTHING like this and you will be banned, instantly and permanently.

Have a nice day, gangstaboi.

Haha... :lol:
 
Back