Rate the song above you!Music 

• Thread starter gerardnl0
  • 3,653 comments
I loved Love My Way by them, at least I could understand the words. But I will give this a 7/10 because of the earcandy effect, it did remind me of good 80s punk.

0.000000000000000001/10, because I'm given to understand there's a gentleman's agreement that 0/10 should be reserved for broken links.

Crappy recording of a great song. This YouTube video sounds like it was recorded off of a VHS tape, Still 9/10.

I bought that album (on vinyl) because the cover art was so good, I had never heard of the band nor had I heard any of the music. Pink World is an album that ranks up there with The Wall and Quadrophenia as far as I am concerned.

Planet%20P%20front.jpg

This song was first played for me in his car which had a kickin' loud, but clear, stereo system. It got me into Skinny Puppy.

... Never seen Sponge Bob... But this sounds like a slightly upbeat "Rocky Training Montage" tune, So

8/10 -

@TexRex I look forward to seeing your short arms in this thread, this song didn't quite do it for me though. Not bad but not good either, 5/10.

If you can get past the cartoonishness of this song, it really is kind of sad.

The Cure's Robert Smith and Siouxsie and the Banshees got together in the the early 80's to form The Glove. A short lived band. BTW, I give that last song a 7/10. Can I do that?

It wasn't terrible, but I can't force myself to go higher than a 3/10 for anything Siouxsie Sioux is attached to.

Oh and I'm inclined to say no because it was your own post. ;)

That build though...

Lots of talent. I'll give that a 6/10. They would get a 7 if they were playing in a garage.

@TexRex wow, a three, because you don't like Siouxsie Sioux? It is Robert Smith singing. She sang on most of the tracks, but Smith sang on two. His are the only two I like from the CD.

Here is the other song from that album with Robert Smith on vocals.

Maybe not my genre or taste. But it felt awkward and quiet to listen to. I give it 5/10.

Maroon 5, but (hopefully) better.

Different - but oddly enjoyable! 8/10
----

I knew this next song as an old Anthrax song, as per usual, I was wrong...

Look Sharp! is on my turntable on a regular basis--9/10. Ironically, I couldn't listen to the last two long enough to rate them honestly, but I didn't have to listen to this one at all. :P

@Chrunch Houston Siouxsie just really rubs me the wrong way--I suspect it's the whole punk princess vibe--and while I enjoy the realm in which she's operated, I can't give anything she's involved with what others would consider a fair shake.

Last edited:
It's John Lennon so I gotta listen to his song and after listening to it, this one is good. 8/10.

Not bad - but a bit formless when that neat bass line is belting along like Douglas Wood's Cranes. - 6/10

----------------

bit of a James Brown feel to it at the start - vocals are weaker but quite good - 6/10

What you believe
is the vanity you conceive
What you love you don't pen
to put in a cage is to put to an end.​

Back