Rate the song above you!Music 

• Thread starter gerardnl0
  • 3,653 comments
AWB, while not my go-to funk, is decent enough, but 'Pick Up The Pieces' has been done, done, overdone and done again to the point that I go numb to it. This is no fault of Roger's, but it is what it is.

3/10.

And this influenced my rating in no way at all, but is anyone else sick of that Atlantic label? I've got scores of albums and nearly as many CDs with the same red and green. :P

I knew I was posting this going in, having just listened to the remastered Skylarking again, and was glad to see something clocking in at 7:10 was posted before it.

I'll give that a generous 4 out of 10, simply because it is a band I really wanted to like. Back in the 90s I liked The Cure and Depeche Mode. But I really liked this song by XTC, I just wished their other stuff was more like this.

Precisely why one ought not rate a song by its video; original or otherwise. 6/10, I enjoyed that. Edit (upon listening to it again): 8/10, I really enjoyed that.

nice start - overly long intro - jangly middle bit and ... sudden death 40 second outro. You did say Extended though! 7/10

I've promoted Japan, Finland, Sweden and Brazil... so lets try The old U.S of A

I'll be nice and not weigh in its use in Staying Alive--3/10. Oh and yeah, I love the album cut of "Oblivious," but am unsure of how to feel about that extended mix. :P

Holy crap on a cracker that was not what I expected! 10/10, 2 thumbs up, standing ovation.

I assumed that was an old song, and was going to post an old song also. But seeing that it was from 2011, was a good sign that older styles are sticking around. 8/10.

I first heard this song in the background of a video. It was before the days of Shazam, so I had to search for the lyrics. After much searching I found it.

I love the simplistic sound, and the clean vocals. I had never heard of the group before.

Of Montreal - Oslo in the Summertime

Entirely too bubblegummy for me--and the additional sound effects through my surround sound (which I had to disable once I realized that's what was going on) was unnerving. I suppose it could have been worse...2/10.

Back