Rate the song above you!Music 

• Thread starter gerardnl0
  • 3,653 comments
Nice tune - it evokes images of glittering laserbeams on the crime infested streets of night-time Los Angeles, speeding motorbikes and reflections of sodium lights, .... hyperthrust.

Almost a cheat to score it so high! - 9-10

-------------------------

LARD - War Pimp Renaissance

2/10 because I think it had the potential to be better than it was. Odd reason for that extra point, I know, but a reason nevertheless...

With thread traffic picking up, I didn't intend on posting after just one post since my last, but I wanted to make a point. After sitting through TEN MINUTES of the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (I actually typed that to really drive the point, and because I already had something on my clipboard that I didn't wish to lose), I then responded. I didn't respond three minutes after a song that was four minutes long. Do a favor and actually take in all that there is to be taken in.

0/10. I know, I know, it's uncouth to give a 0 to something that's not a broken link, but that was awful (and my rating had absolutely nothing to do with the above). Know what it reminded me of?

(Here's what I had on my clipboard...)

Roxbury-_Brothers-_Jim-_Carrey-_Head-_Dance.gif

To reiterate, please listen to the whole thing like I just did (even if it was out of spite).

Gah missed the Tamsin Archer song. Hinoi Asuka... fun tune, 6-10

----
Now this is a bit ... different.

From the land of the midnight sun and the dark Fjords of Norway...
Arcturus "Alone" (Edgar Allan Poe)

From childhood’s hour I have not been
As others were—I have not seen
As others saw—I could not bring
My passions from a common spring—
From the same source I have not taken
My sorrow—I could not awaken
My heart to joy at the same tone—
And all I lov’d—I lov’d alone—
Then—in my childhood—in the dawn
Of a most stormy life—was drawn
From ev’ry depth of good and ill
The mystery which binds me still—
From the torrent, or the fountain—
From the red cliff of the mountain—
From the sun that ’round me roll’d
In its autumn tint of gold—
From the lightning in the sky
As it pass’d me flying by—
From the thunder, and the storm—
And the cloud that took the form
(When the rest of Heaven was blue)
Of a demon in my view—

(Edgar Allen Poe)

Nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss nnn tss. 1/10.

Catchy Tongue - I want you in / Sin
- Kind of reminded me of Garbage - delicate fragile song. A mysteriously enigmatic 8-10

---------

From the home of Salsa, Cigars & Margarita Pracatan...
- X Alfonso "Veo"

10/10 for sounding like RHCP/Hendrix-esque. 0/10 because I didn't understand anything he said. 7/10 because he sounded good although I didn't understand anything.

A 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' and 'Don't Look Back in Anger' mashup.

Biblical?

5/10 Pretty decent for what it is, but not really something I'd casually listen to on its own. I particularly liked the section that began at ~10:40. And yeah, I listened to the whole thing. :P

I've actually got quite a bit of Jean-Michel Jarre, but nothing after 1988, and this is well after 1988 (if you get my meaning). 2/10.

Never got into songs that have a slow intake at the beginning and feels like a song I have to understand the message of to actually enjoy it. The tune does get a lot better but would rather get to the point faster 6/10.

Video was blocked in my country, so I found another link. Its a garden variety j-pop song with generic choreography, 2/5

Shin Godzilla - who will know 4/10(I hate opera style songs but that was on the better end atleast).

Mondo Rock - Come said the Boy

Also blocked, but found an alternate.

Emblematic of the poor attempts at recreating early '80s pop in the late '80s. 1/10.

play-it-loud-original-mix_large.jpg

Thoroughly enjoyed it, but the fact that I'll go nuts trying to figure out what it reminds me of should give me cause to rate it lower. Eh, I won't--7/10.

Note: Barry Adamson fans may recognize it.

It's been two weeks, I suppose it's time to bite the bullet despite my initial attempt to sit through it was unsuccessful. I'm normally one who believes emotion transcends language in music--what with my knowing fewer than ten words (not including numbers 1-10) in French and still being fond of Serge Gainsbourg, Charlotte Gainsbourg, her half-sister Lou Doillon (who doesn't actually sing in French but I felt compelled to mention her because of the mention of Charlotte), Françoise Hardy and Jacqueline Taïeb--but this repetitive drivel, for which I actually sought out a translation, has no emotion to speak of, and amounts to a French Nickelback.

*shudder*/10.

Back