Rate the song above you!Music 

• Thread starter gerardnl0
  • 3,653 comments
Took a dive after the first five minutes; could've used a male vocalist along the lines of a Jim Kerr or a Roland Orzabal. 6/10 (a 9 might have been within reach given the aforementioned parameters).

Liam's vocals are like a miserable Manchester morning downpour. Cheer up our kid - 5-10

----

"It's a win for Mimmo Schiattarella! A phenomenal achievement for Simtek after only one year in Formula 1!"

I like Joe, honest, and there's no denying his technical ability, but that just really didn't do it for me--2/10. Actually, if I'm being honest, it seemed more than a little contrived.

The name makes me think of another song, though. :P

1/10. I absolutely loathe this sort of music. While I couldn't actually understand the lyrics in this one, I'm sure it was the same as all the rest: "My life sucks," "I'm going to kill myself," "You'll miss me when I'm gone," etc. Just do it already.

Formulaic nightclub eurotrash isn't my genre, and this song didn't convert me. 4-10

-----

Supergrass - Richard III

Started with a tricksy bassline, the vocals were simple but then percussive and subtle - caught me in a good mood, a solid 8-10

----

Killing Joke - Love like Blood (1985)

6/10. Not my goto Devo track but that first album of theirs is a favorite of mine. Points for being an original video and not some fan concoction featuring trollops traipsing around in next to nothing.

Buckethead - Nottingham Lace
I liked it in so many parts but as a song it was more like a manic cluster of ideas. 7-10

------------------

10cc - Dreadlock Holiday (1978)

Nope - Didn't compare well to the original's moderately undercooked sound. Maybe more If I'd never heard the original, maybe. 4-10

----
Molotov Jukebox - Just The Thrill

Back