Reaching The Apex

Amazing STORY, add me sometime on PS3, name is LLGOOFYLL ( llGooFyll ) , maybe we can take pictures together online ( cars ) for story , lol, idk

Part 2; Page 9

Weekend has arrived, and Takanori is still asleep early in the morning. Then, a loud exhaust idle note can be heard outside. Then it revs up to create a very loud sound that Takanori is awakened by it.

Takanori: "Seesh, it's so early in the morning..."

He goes downstairs and opens the door. It turns out that it's Makoto's Ferrari SP1 doing it, and it has a new look. Makoto steps out of the car.

Makoto: "Good morning! Oh, you still wear pajamas?"

Takanori: "What are you doing here this early?"

Makoto: "I will try out this heavily-tuned Ferrari at the Fuji Speedway; and I need you to come along!"

Takanori: "Great... ummm... you shouldn't have installed a GT Wing and a carbon fiber hood. Ferraris look on their best already as soon as it rolls off from the factory floor, right?"

Makoto: "Hey, it's my car and I can do whatever I want with it. Now come on!"

Takanori: "All right, all right. Let me just prepare the kitchen equipment before Mom opens up the shop and I will dress up, okay?"

Makoto: "I'll be waiting."

She leans on her car as Takanori gets back inside.

===============================================================================

Ben and Michiharu have left the hotel and ride in a van. In front of them is a trailer truck driven by Kaido in which it contains the race modified R32 GT-R. The two vehicles formed a convoy as they are on their way to Tsukuba Circuit.

As Ben is driving along, Michiharu keeps on coughing violently.

Ben: "Are you okay?"

Michiharu: "I'm fine."

Ben: "It seems that you aren't. We can postpone this."

Michiharu: "I'm eager to play with my toy, okay? Let's just go on."

Ben: "Okay..."

They have arrived at the paddock at Tsukuba Circuit. As usual, there are plenty of performance cars being set up. Then the R32 is being pulled out from the trailer truck. It caused some attention from the bystanders and drivers alike.

Michiharu puts on his helmet and driving gloves in preparation. Then he coughs violently again.

Kaido is busy setting up the R32 when he heard Michiharu.

Kaido: "I knew it. He shouldn't have to go through with this..."

Michiharu approaches the R32 and gets in.

Kaido: "Okay, we're locked and loaded."

Michiharu: "All right."

So the R32 gets out from the pit lane and did a warm up lap first to add some heat on to the tires since the weather is rather cold. Then it starts another lap.

7320377060_e103223557_c.jpg

At the first corner, the car can easily get close to the apex thanks to Kaido's adjustments to the suspension.

7320373704_10243fb723_c.jpg

Michiharu: "All right, now I can finally attack the corners the way I want to."

Meanwhile, in Fuji Speedway, the tuned SP1 roars through the main straight. It managed to hit 290 KM/H. Then Makoto applied the brakes as the car approaches the first corner.

7320375720_c800fbc808_c.jpg

Then Makoto applied the brakes as the car approaches the first corner. Takanori is on the passenger seat, his body suddenly lunging forward.

Takanori: "Did you change the brakes on this car?"

Makoto: "Of course! I got them from the F430 GT2 race car..."

Takanori: "And the sound is just heavenly!"

7320373124_5f4c6cf9fa_c.jpg

At the short straight after the first corner, the car immediately gains speed. Then she applies the brakes once again when she sees another corner coming up. She turns-in early.

7320374764_9b755b98fa_c.jpg

Makoto: "Is this okay, Takanori?"

Takanori: "That's a good line."

7320375288_48eb383e18_c.jpg

Makoto: "I am getting feedbacks from you. Well, I'm trying to learn to clip the apex just like what pros do!"

7320369624_9bd064fae8_c.jpg

Takanori: "You're doing good. You just blitzed that long corner without problem."

However, the SP1 missed the apex at the hairpin.

7320369236_0981db4105_c.jpg

Makoto: "Shoot!"

Takanori: "Don't worry, it really takes practice to find out when to turn so as to successfully hug the inside of the corner."

After a few laps, the R32 set the course record in Tsukuba once again. The crowds just couldn't take their eyes off the car running at blistering speeds.

However, at the hairpin, Michiharu coughs even more violently and then loses consciousness. The R32 hits a soft barrier.

7320372524_69aa010eab_c.jpg

Seeing what happened, some of the track's personnel have rushed towards the car and called an ambulance. Ben also saw this and also rushes to the scene.

7320374426_b0db3ef748_c.jpg

Ben: "This is bad! His lung cancer has gotten in its worst condition! That stubborn old man, I told him to quit smoking and rest!"

The paramedics loaded the unconscious Michiharu in the ambulance. Ben manages to get in the ambulance.

Back in Fuji Speedway, after a few laps, Takanori gasps as he feels a sudden jolt.

Makoto: "What's wrong?"

Takanori: "Nah, it's nothing... Just continue on driving."

7320370818_c34d39c283_c.jpg

7320371260_7a19b5416d_c.jpg

Takanori: ("I felt something... I can't explain what it is. What is it?")

7320371808_32da4e1ea3_c.jpg

Makoto: "Okay, we'll have to take a break for a while. I'll let the car's brakes cool down, okay?"

Takanori: "Sure, no problem."

After the last corner, the SP1 enters the pit lane.

End of page 9

The story will near its end as there are a few pages left.

I am working on a sequel right now, but then, I suddenly thought of putting a spin-off that will fill the gap between this one and the sequel.

Last edited:
Part 2; Page 10

Makoto gets 2 cans of soda from the vending machine at the pit area. She gives one to Takanori and then opens up the can as she leans on her SP1.

Makoto: "The car now has 580 horsepower thanks to modest modifications."

Takanori does not reply.

Makoto: "Is something wrong?"

Takanori: "I'm fine. So, how about the suspension?"

Makoto: "Oh. Well, a friend of mine who works in RSD Tuning Shop in Tokyo installed a fully adjustable racing suspension. You felt the harsh ride, right?"

Takanori: "Yeah. Well, you can't mix comfort and precision."

Takanori consumes the contents of the soda and then Makoto goes to check the car's brakes. Then he goes inside the pit garage to think over what he suddenly felt a while ago.

Takanori: ("I felt a part of me crumbled... That sudden jolt... It instantly took my mood.")

==================================================================

Meanwhile, Michiharu is laid like a vegetable on the bed in the I.C.U. room. Ben is also inside to monitor on the old man's condition.

Ben: ("How can he talk to his son like this?")

Kaido then enters the room.

Kaido: "Ben, how is he doing?"

Ben: "His lung cancer is on its final stage. All we can do now is to wait for a miracle. He's so stubborn, isn't he?"

Kaido: "But at least he can give a perfect gift for Takanori. After all, that's the only way he can make up for the lost time."

Ben: "Kaido, I'm a father too. The car is not enough; he needs to have a word with his son and explain everything. Words are very powerful."

Suddenly, Michiharu's fingers start to move. Then the two rush on his side.

Ben: "Michiharu!"

Michiharu: "Ben.... Thank you for all that you've done for me."

Ben: "Don't talk like that. You have yet to talk to your son. Save your energy for your conversation with him."

Michiharu: "Very well... Kaido, head over to Takanori's home. Bring him and my wife here."

Kaido: "Understood. I'll go out now to fetch them."

Ben: "You gotta hurry!"

Kaido gets out of the room and heads off.

At the sunset, Takanori and Makoto have arrived in Tokyo. She drops him off at his house. Takanori waves his hand goodbye as Makoto's car drives away. When he enters the house, he calls out his mother. But he hears no response and looks all over for her. Then he sees a letter on the dining table.

"I'm at the Tokyo General Hospital. Please go there. It's urgent."

Takanori: "What the hell!?"

He hurriedly gets out and runs as fast as he can.

Takanori: "I have a really bad feeling about this. Mom did not complain of anything bad from her health..."

When he arrives at the entrance, Kaido meets him up.

Kaido: "Follow me."

Takanori: "What!? Wait, what happened to Mom?"

Kaido: "Just follow me, okay?"

Takanori reluctantly follows Kaido to the ICU room where Michiharu is. When they enter, Takanori is in a greatest shock of his life. He sees his mother weeping as Ben tries to console her. He slowly walks to Michiharu who is sleeping.

Takanori: "Dad? Dad!?"

Hearing his son's voice, Michiharu wakes up and and holds Takanori's hand.

Michiharu: "My boy... You've grown up a lot."

Tears flow from Takanori's eyes. After 15 years of abandonment, Takanori feels a lot of joy upon seeing his father.

Takanori: "Dad... I miss you."

Michiharu: "Really? I thought that you will hate me for what I've done."

Takanori: "No! I am thinking of you every single night before I sleep. I even have to call agencies around the country to seek help looking for you! I love you, Dad!"

Michiharu: "I'm really sorry... I made you and your mother's life sad. If there's only one way I can make it up to you. See the keys on the table?"

Takanori gets the keys for the R32 GT-R.

Michiharu: "That is my gift to you... I worked on it for 15 years. Now, it's a perfect machine."

Takanori: "Dad, you.."

Michiharu: "Now, I can finally rest... I hope you and your mother live a very happy life without me."

Then his heart rate stops. All of them rush on the bed.

Takanori: "Dad! Dad!"

Takanori's mother weeps and cries loudly. Then the doctors try their best to revive him, but to no avail.

Takanori looks at the car keys and then tears drop on to it.

Takanori: "I have forgiven you already, Dad. I love you very much..."

Suddenly, rain pours heavily from the sky as if the heavens show empathy.

A few days later, at the cemetery, Takanori stares at his father's grave. Makoto approaches and lays flowers on it.

Makoto: "I'm so sorry to hear about this, Takanori. Me and my father give you sincerest condolences."

Takanori: "Makoto... Even just for a while, I managed to talk to him. That moment, I was really happy to see him. But that has to cut short. Why? Why did he have to die?"

Makoto hugs him.

Makoto: "You know, wherever your father is right now, I'm sure he's happily moved on. Because he knows you have forgiven him and you loved him so much all your life."

Then she lets go and goes on her way to her luxury sedan waiting for her.

Makoto: "Takanori... We all need to move on. I'm sure your father would be happy if you do."

Then Takanori is all alone. The wind suddenly blows strong. Then he takes out the R32's keys from his pocket.

Takanori: "Dad... Thank you. I'll surely miss you a lot."

Then he walks away as he wipes away some tears from his eyes. He briefly looks back at the his father's grave's tombstone as he walks.

Takanori: "Goodbye, Dad..."

The next day, Takanori heads to the location where the R32 is stashed according to Kaido's directions. He arrives at a traditional home. He sees the sign that says "Kanonji Ancestral Home". It's a big residence, with a garden and even a man-made pond at the middle of the villa.

Takanori: "Such a nice place. Dad didn't take me here..."

He sees some paintings in a room at one side, and then at the other room there is a collection of Katanas in various lengths. Then he goes to the right side first to look for the car.

Takanori: "I wonder where Dad put the car?"

Then he sees a sign with a directional arrow along with the "GT-R" logo. Takanori follows the sign and when he arrived, he could not believe on what he sees right before his eyes.

7327401796_fc6f8a3d1e_c.jpg

Takanori: "Woah...."

He goes around the car to check the modifications that have been done.

7327393922_cd65fe70b3_c.jpg

7327404342_e4a16e2d7e_c.jpg

Takanori: "I can't believe it! The R32 has turned into a race machine! This is amazing! The wide body and the huge spoiler mean that it's the real deal!"

He gets in the car. Then he looks around at the interior.

Takanori: "The interior is totally stripped out. All I see are roll cages, switches and gauges!"

Then he checks the gear lever. He sees that there are now 6 forward gears.

Takanori: "A 6-speed gearbox."

Then he shifts it to neutral. He activates all the necessary switches and then pushes the start button. The heavily-tuned RB26DETT roars as it came to life.

End of Page 10

Last edited:
Hi there!

I'll post the next page probably tomorrow, Friday, or the weekend.

Oh, about the spin-off, I decided not to go through it at all. I'll go directly with the sequel as soon as the current story ends.

I'll give you some hints about the sequel:

1. One of the main characters will die at the beginning.
2. Of course, there will be a new character to replace it. And this person is shrouded in mystery and its presence affects the other characters. A connection of some sorts...
3. The sequel will have a dark plot.

Part 2; Page 11

It is Monday morning, and once again students flock over to school. Makoto is one of them who arrived early. She is strolling around and then she sees Takanori arriving and parking his bicycle. The boy seems to be in a festive mood and approaches Makoto.

Makoto: "Someone's too happy on a Monday."

Takanori: "Well, let's start the week right!"

Makoto: "Hmmmm... you're right. It seems that you have moved on."

Takanori: "Now that I have talked to my father at least before he died, I was sad, but I am relieved at the same time. The most important thing is that we have buried the hatchet; and that's what I could say that I have moved on."

Makoto: "Is that it? Hmmmm.... Well, I'm glad to have my Takanori back! Let's go!"

She grabs Takanori's hand and then the two run further inside the campus.

=================================================================

In the afternoon, as Takanori and Makoto part ways since school is over, Makoto's phone rings and she picks it up. Her father is on the other line.

Makoto: "Wait a sec, Takanori... Hello?"

Gan: "I have some important news. Is Takanori with you?"

Makoto: "Um... yeah."

Gan: "Oh, tell him to come with you."

Makoto: "Roger that."

The call ends.

Takanori: "Is that your father again?"

Makoto: "Yes. Please come with me."

Takanori: "Oh... okay."

They have arrived at Gan's mansion. Gan welcomed them as usual, and then they sat together in the living room.

Gan: "The officials at the FIA were impressed at your performance in last year's supercar festival race."

Takanori: "That's good to hear."

Gan: "Now, they have organized a qualification race in Suzuka Circuit this coming weekend. And they see you as a potential racer to be recognized in that particular organization."

Takanori: "A race?"

Gan: "Yes. Only the top three drivers would have the right to race in FIA GT races."

Takanori: "That's sounds like a challenge! Well, count me in! I'll do this for my father's honor!"

Gan: "That's what I want to hear. You have the same determination as your father's. Very well then, I shall prepare the car for the race."

Takanori: "Don't worry about it; Dad has prepared something special."

Gan: "Which is?"

Takanori: "The R32. It's converted into a race car."

Gan: "Then allow me to see it."

They have arrived at Takanori's home. Gan is amazed at the works-converted R32 GT-R.

Gan: "Heh... Your father is always crazy when it comes to this. He finally perfected the R32 just like what he aimed 15 years ago before we part ways."

Takanori: "I will make my father proud with this."

Gan: "Very well then, see you on the weekend."

The big day has arrived. A lot of people have attended the race event. Then at the pit lanes, the race cars vary from European exotics to Japanese tuners. Gan's crew is busy working on the R32 while Takanori suits up. He puts his helmet and racing gloves on.

Gan: "Takanori, you have 5 laps to prove yourself. Just get in the top three and you're in the big leagues."

Takanori: "Understood!"

After some warm-up laps, the competitors have lined up for the rolling start. Takanori is at the last place as he requested. Gan can communicate with him in the car through a radio system.

Gan: "Takanori, this is challenging. A Pagani Zonda LM is the lead car."

Takanori: "I see. I'll do my best to get on the top."

Gan: "Good luck!"

The race has started. Takanori has his eyes already on his first opponent.

7163198195_220a20bf9d_c.jpg

At the end of the main straight, the R32 easily passes the Supra thanks to its straight line prowess.

7163198565_0b499d5160_c.jpg

Takanori: "All right!"

At the bleachers, Axel is watching the race as he drinks a canned coffee.

Axel: "If you win this, you'll be a part of my crew. I need your potential. We could be a perfect duo. And I might have the guts to confess to you..."

Next, the R32 locks on to another Supra.

7163210199_97aeb32005_c.jpg

And easily passes it at the next corner.

7163209597_4a3935a2ff_c.jpg

Takanori: "Four-wheel drive makes this car rocket away from the corners! It's hard to that in a rear wheel drive car!"

7348420748_50d0e2166b_c.jpg

Takanori: "An SC430... my next prey."

Takanori now pushes the accelerator harder as he focuses on the next opponent to pass.

End of Page 11

Two pages left before the story ends! Can Takanori get a spot in the top three?

Part 2; Page 12

The R32 easily passes the SC430.

7348418294_a58d986918_c.jpg

Then Takanori sets his sights on a yellow R35 GT-R. He floored the throttle and then immediately catches the R35 on the hairpin.

7163213741_b9fda06859_c.jpg

At the hairpin's exit, the R32's 4WD once again thrusts the car with traction coupled with the turbo's massive amount of boost; outrunning the R35 effortlessly.

Takanori: "I'm doing it right! I wonder how far is the lead car?"

Then the R32 passes two opponents.

7163218295_e438c78992_c.jpg

Takanori: "You are easy targets! This is 670 horsepower!"

Gan: "Takanori, the Corvette holds 3rd place. Pass it, and you're in!"

Takanori: "Roger that!"

7348421300_e8c6a9f1b7_c.jpg

At the chicane just before the main straight, the R32 squeezes through a Camaro.

7348430000_2a653e4891_c.jpg

Takanori: "The Corvette C5R is next! I gotta say, that one has amazing speed as well!"

7163218763_df7d90af9b_c.jpg

The second lap has started. Makoto is amazed on how Takanori grabbed the 4th spot in just one lap.

Makoto: "The stint you did back there.... Only a few could do that!"

Luckily for Takanori, the Corvette messed up on the first corner, enabling him to keep up and go side-by-side.

7163218585_c73e0c3f44_c.jpg

Takanori: "Whew... that's lucky."

Gan: "The Zonda LM is still far from your reach. Keep your aggression so that you can keep up with it. Be careful. Your next opponent is a Viper GTS-R Team Oreca."

Takanori: "All right!"

7348421636_75a4c94180_c.jpg

The R32 responds immediately to Takanori's steering inputs.

7353511210_7ec6a3af09_c.jpg

Takanori: "With a highly aerodynamic body, and racing suspension and tires, I can let it enter the apex without much effort!"

Then just at the corner exit, he steps on the accelerator. The turbos provide him instant boost.

At the hairpin, Takanori sees a speck of the Viper.

7348445894_c69847516a_c.jpg

Takanori: "I got you in my sights!"

7168312381_a64aa692dc_c.jpg

Just at the start of the 3rd lap, the R32 overtakes the Viper, taking 2nd place.

7353522926_9c530521c9_c.jpg

Takanori: "Just one left!"

Gan: "Very good! Now don't mess it up. Concentrate on your fullest so that you can keep up with the Zonda."

7163244557_2973ef17a2_c.jpg

At the bleachers, Axel has just thrown away his empty canned coffee. He goes back to his seat.

Axel: "Impressive. To reach in top positions in a few laps is something that even pros find it hard to achieve. Like father, like son..."

Takanori looks away from the rear view mirror. He concentrates on his footwork and his steering inputs.

Takanori: "Zondas are really fast. If I have to keep up, then I must make no mistake here! Just concentrate..."

7348446138_c32dc8b83b_c.jpg

Then at the start of the 4th lap, Takanori can see the lead car.

Takanori: "Godzilla will start its rampage... Get ready Zonda!!!"

7163270443_06a29ef67f_c.jpg

End of Page 12

Part 2; Last Page

Takanori: "I'm getting closer!"

7348474608_700fc96376_c.jpg

The Zonda, however, has better cornering speed. Takanori tried to corner at the same speed as the lead car, but it ended up in understeer that Takanori had to slam the brakes to keep the car from coming off the track.

Takanori: "Okay, that was useless."

At the hairpin though, Takanori instantly steps on the throttle to take advantage of the R32's excellent corner exit speed.

7348489998_b1155af863_c.jpg

At the pit garage, Makoto could not take her eyes off the TV as she watches Takanori attacking the 1st place opponent.

Makoto: "Just one more... I know you can do it!"

Finally, the R32 is hot on the Zonda's tail. At the next corner, the two cars go side-by-side. The Zonda's driver now gives up due to the intense pressure that the R32 gave to him that he lost concentration and control of the car. The Zonda veers off the corner.

7348474864_08eb0990a3_c.jpg

Takanori: "Hah! Did this Godzilla scare ya?"

7163266093_76f9ec86ce_c.jpg

The 670 R32 unleashes all its might on the straight, easily outrunning the Zonda.

7163278237_c7f97f78a6_c.jpg

Gan: "All right, Takanori! You have one lap left, don't let your guard down still!"

Takanori: "Understood!"

7348490700_31aa739050_c.jpg

At the start of the 5th lap, the R32 is several seconds away from the Zonda.

7348490156_b95f61dd18_c.jpg

Takanori: "Look out world, here comes the Apex King, Takanori Kanonji!"

Gan: "Apex King, huh? That's what the racing community called your father on his heyday..."

Takanori is shedding tears of joy now that he is starting to fulfill the dream of entering in the major leagues.

Takanori: "I did it, Dad... You will see me racing in FIA GT soon."

At the bleachers, Axel is smiling seeing that Takanori will win the race.

Axel: "It's done. You will be my 2nd driver, my little half brother..."

At the start of the week in school, everyone in the classroom including Makoto is waiting for Takanori to arrive. Even the teacher can't start her lesson.

Teacher: "I wonder where Takanori is?"

Then, when Takanori enters the room, everyone applauds for him.

Takanori: "Wha???"

Teacher: "Congratulations! Who would've thought that an average high school student would turn out to be such a great racing driver."

Takanori: "Sensei, I just did what I have to do. And it's time for me to get serious for my dreams."

Teacher: "That's good. Well, we'll miss you a lot."

Takanori: "I'll miss everyone in this room..."

Teacher: "We will miss you too. Please take your seat."

Takanori: "Yes ma'am."

He sits beside Makoto who seems gloomy.

Takanori: "What's wrong?"

Makoto: "You'll get to race around the world. I won't be seeing you anymore..."

Takanori: "Hey, I'll visit you as much as I can."

Makoto shows up a smile at him. Then the teacher starts her lesson.

When the class is dismissed, Takanori and Makoto are walking together to the gates as usual. Then they see Axel waiting for them.

Takanori: "Axel!"

Axel: "Yo, what's up? I'm here for something important."

Takanori: "What is it?"

Axel: "Now that the FIA recognizes you, you need to be in a racing team. And I'll recruit you now; as a lot of rival racing teams also want you."

Takanori: "Count me in! I would also love working with a pro driver like you!"

Axel: "We're equals now, Takanori. And I am really impressed of what you did there."

Takanori: "Really, huh?"

Axel: "So, are you ready?"

Takanori: "Very much ready!"

Makoto: ("Takanori, good luck on your dreams... I'm so happy for you. And I'll miss you a lot....")

At the airport, Takanori, Axel, Gan, Makoto and Takanori's mother are at the entrance. Takanori hugs his mother before he can get in.

Takanori: "I'll miss you so much, Mom. Don't worry, I'll visit you if I'm free."

Takanori's mother: "Me too. The most important thing is that you find happiness in whatever you achieve."

Then he sees Makoto's gloomy face again.

Takanori: "Hey, cheer up. You can watch me tackling the corner apexes! Oh, since your birthday is next week, I have something for you. Advanced Happy Birthday."

He hands over a necklace with an "M" pendant. Then Makoto hugs him tightly in an instant.

Makoto: "Take care, bicycle boy... I'll watch you whenever there is a race."

Takanori: "Sure thing. Well, I guess this is where we part ways..."

Takanori and Axel are on their way to the entrance. Takanori stops and looks back; and then he waves his hand farewell before continuing on.

The rest are getting back in the limousine. While on their way home, Gan sees his daughter crying while she leans on the window.

Gan: "Are you alright?"

She thinks back of the moments that she and Takanori were together.

Makoto: ("The moment I first met him, there is this feeling that suddenly planted inside me. As times go by, it grows like a plant. And now, it has fully blossomed. I have no guts to tell it, but I love you, Takanori....)

Then an airplane soars in the sky.

The End.

Back