Real Guns

• Thread starter Calibretto
  • 8,850 comments
*Watches watermelon disappear*

:eek:

You need that rifle Michael.

I just decided not to buy it. Sure it pokes huge holes and makes loud booms but I have no opportunity to plink with this rifle and since I do not hunt with it either its just a big rifle that kicks a lot and is expensive to feed. Its like having a weight lifter in a gym that has only baby weights, he cannot show off his strength, hes just a huge dude.

Oh well, I am sure I'll find something else I can throw my money at.

I know, my reasonability is truly sickening. :lol:

Last edited:
I didn't think they'd be fun, but that bad huh? :crazy: Subcompact's tricky.

Of the however many I have shot, most of them feel like little hand cannons because there is not much to hold onto and little weight. The sights were generally pretty awful. All but the Glock 42/43 would recoil the trigger guard into the bottom of my trigger finger. I guess I liked the Glock 42/43 best because it feels bigger than it is.

I just stumbled across a neat rifle and bought it - and I think its going to make @a6m5 happy, its a Winchester 1886 Extra-Light .45-70 made by Miroku, a very renown Japanese gun manufacturer. And boy, their guns are of highest quality, especially in terms of material fit and finish.

It's called the extra light because it does have a round instead of heavy octagonal barrel, and it has a 4-shot (4+1) instead of a 6-shot tube, which makes it lighter. The standard 1886 is a heavy beast, and people back in the day complained about it so they made the extra light (from 9.5 to 7.5lbs) . And this makes me happy because it also looks and balances better.

And 45-70 is such a sweeet powerful thumper, learned to love it back when I still had my Sharps rifle. Shooting 500 grain lead bullets is so...satisfying.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. (This is not mine but its the exact same model:)

aNwS8oO.jpg

Last edited:
I just stumbled across a neat rifle and bought it - and I think its going to make @a6m5 happy, its a Winchester 1886 Extra-Light .45-70 made by Miroku, a very renown Japanese gun manufacturer. And boy, their guns are of highest quality, especially in terms of material fit and finish.

It's called the extra light because it does have a round instead of heavy octagonal barrel, and it has a 4-shot (4+1) instead of a 6-shot tube, which makes it lighter. The standard 1886 is a heavy beast, and people back in the day complained about it so they made the extra light (from 9.5 to 7.5lbs) . And this makes me happy because it also looks and balances better.

And 45-70 is such a sweeet powerful thumper, learned to love it back when I still had my Sharps rifle. Shooting 500 grain lead bullets is so...satisfying.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. (This is not mine but its the exact same model:)

aNwS8oO.jpg

45-70, .Good brush gun.

Well, I just called my dealer again and he said my Troy PAR rifle hits badly with other ammunition as well, he wants to send it back to the manufacturer, again. Clear case of American craftsmanship I guess. :rolleyes:

I however insist on getting a coupon so I can buy a different gun from the shop. Not sure what to get though, if I sell the scope and the mount as well, which I no longer need, I have 2400 bucks to blow on a rifle. :scared:

It's unfortunate that semi-automatic rifle's pretty much out of question. Keep up updated on which rifles you'll be looking at. At least the shopping part's always fun! :D

I got my Ruger SR22 magazines from eBay & they came with pinky extensions already attached on them? I also just swapped out the smaller strap piece for the grip with the larger one & the pistol looks really (tacti)cool now, like a different gun:

ruger-sr22-3600-3.jpg

Larger grip made a huge difference in accuracy on my 4th Gen Glock 19, so I'm hoping to see similar result with this setup on the SR22. I wanted to go shooting this weekend, but it looks like it's gonna be raining. Bummer. :crazy:

Do we have names for our rifles or is that a weirdo thing? If so, Greenhorn is a fire-breathing explosion machine.

snapshot4.jpg

Every shot was a blinding flash. XM193. Almost no recoil though. We made sure to shoot the rifle until we had neighbors at the adjacent stalls. Remember how I complained about the other guy's muzzle brake the other day? Well, here's our fireballs reaching over and touching the nextdoor target. :lol:

snapshot.jpg

That renegade plus is freaking amazing. It's a total race gun. Trigger breaks like a dry spaghetti, and then it's just boom. With the pistols you can feel the gun unlock and the action cycle. This thing is just a clean break and a blast and before you know what happened you're ready to send another. It's so smooth you don't really feel anything cycling during the blast. It's awesome.

Never mind the AR, I didn't recognize your head! It looks good shaved though. Mine's bumpy & shaped like Kobe Bryant skull. :(

Why is there so much flash? Looks like a flamethrower in the pics. Awesome. :lol:👍

Muzzle break.
Do they all do that, or just some of them?

When I first saw it, I did google muzzle break videos, but they didn't seem to have much flash at all. I guess the lighting could affect it, too.

Do they all do that, or just some of them?

When I first saw it, I did google muzzle break videos, but they didn't seem to have much flash at all. I guess the lighting could affect it, too.

Each muzzle break design is going to be different. The lighting and being indoors has an impact on the flash too.

Never mind the AR, I didn't recognize your head! It looks good shaved though. Mine's bumpy & shaped like Kobe Bryant skull. :(

Why is there so much flash? Looks like a flamethrower in the pics. Awesome. :lol:👍

That's my cousin Dr cueball

Got to shoot a 2nd run Sig P365 today. Good stuff. I will now be getting one a little earlier than I previously stated.

Parting out one of my Glock 43s on eBay to pay for it (hehe). Get more on eBay parting one out than you can selling the entire gun whole, and I'll be keeping the lower. Never know might stumble across a super good deal later on a G43 upper.

Any takers? Lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glock-43-Slide-9mm-Complete-G43-Upper-Receiver-/302720565207

I also have other Glock stuff for sale.

So, hopefully within a couple weeks I be posting pics and a review.

That's my cousin Dr cueball
lmao.
Got to shoot a 2nd run Sig P365 today. Good stuff. I will now be getting one a little earlier than I previously stated.

Parting out one of my Glock 43s on eBay to pay for it (hehe). Get more on eBay parting one out than you can selling the entire gun whole, and I'll be keeping the lower. Never know might stumble across a super good deal later on a G43 upper.

Any takers? Lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Glock-43-Slide-9mm-Complete-G43-Upper-Receiver-/302720565207

I also have other Glock stuff for sale.

So, hopefully within a couple weeks I be posting pics and a review.
I had never seen complete uppers on eBay before. You learn something new everyday. :crazy::lol:

lmao.

I had never seen complete uppers on eBay before. You learn something new everyday. :crazy::lol:

Lol it's the only way to sell a Glock. Get darn near reatail out of them, and keep the lower.

Did you see the upper internals kit I have on there. It's currently at $70. Know what it cost me? $7.20 to ship my stripped empty slide to Glock, it returns all full with new parts. Love me some Glock warranty.

I've been wanting to go shoot just .22's & finally had the chance to go do it today.

###.jpg

Remington 597, which I didn't shoot that much. My buddy shot this almost exclusively.

####.jpg

Yes, that's a finger on the trigger, because I'm a dumb***. It absolutely wasn't loaded & I knew that, but that's how accidents happen.

##.jpg

This SR22 is the toy I wanted to play with today, also the Glock 19. I was very productive with both. :)

#.jpg

Neat shot I captured with the smoke & slide back. If anybody want to see more pics, I posted them here.

Today I was in a special hell only gun owners know - had to disassemble my winchester and I had to deal with not one but three tiny stuck screws that are super easy to mangle and strip. :crazy:
They had never been removed before and were stuck pretty good. Had to use the whole program, WD40, brass punches, wooden dowels, hammers, an assortment of different screwdrivers. Took me 4 hours to disassemble the gun. Wasn't easy to put it back together either, anybody who knows lever action rifles knows you need three hands for reassembly, lots of parts need to be aligned at the same time to put their holding bolts back in.

Browning was a genius when he designed the modern Lever Action rifle, but his biggest talent to have single parts serve multiple purposes at once lead to designs that are notoriously hard to dis- and reassemble.
The cross-bolt that connects the lever with the bolt also holds the firing pin which is under spring tension, the hammer cross bolt also holds the cartridge guide and the trigger assembly. And all that needs to be aligned at the same time for reassembly! :scared:

We explored the area we go shooting little bit last weekend(pics in blog). We were looking for new spots to shoot, but none of the area we scouted had decent range, or backstop, so we ended up in one of our two usual spots. Driving up the mountain & around the woods was fun though.

gtp.jpg

We mostly just plinked .22's, but my buddy brought his Chinese SKS(very first gun I ever shot) & Benelli 12 Gauge, so we shot those little bit, too.

gtpp.jpg

Had some time at the end, so worked on sighting in my AR-10 again. This task never ends. This time, screws mounting the scope to the base came loose. Ridiculous. Just sighted in the red dot & called it good. I'll have to sight in the scope another time. :crazy:

gtppp.jpg

HOlEdqH.jpg

So hard beyond 3 yards. I was limited because of my 10-round mags, so the plan for this drill was a bit of a remix of Travis Haley's Venti 100 shot wakeup drill. You shoot the row of circles, 2 shots per circle. Top row is 3 yards. All other rows are 5 yards. Cadence is 1-onethousand-2 on Row 2&3 and 1-2 on the bottom two. Odd rows are 2 shots before moving to next circle. Even rows were done 1 shot L to R and then 1 shot R to L.
And at the end I tried to rapid fire the first column from bottom to top. Didn't work so well. :lol:

Those 325-round value packs of 22 are awesome. Using my ultimate cliploader, it comes out to exactly 1 hour of range time between shooting and reloading.

An update on the Mark 4... it really doesn't like being dirty. lol. After 250-300 rounds it started having some hiccups. Also, I'm going to get a reddot or something for it because the sights are ridiculous. They're set so low that it feels like you have to put the sights way under the target. The instruction manual actually says that this is how they're configured, but the amount you have to hold below is kind of ridiculous.

Found some old beautifully oxidized 45-70 shells, they looked so gorgeous and antique I just had to reload them. Sized them (had to be careful not to scrub off or scratch the patina) filled them with 57 grains of Swiss blackpowder and put a 525 grain lubed Postell lead projectile in them.
I think they look really nifty and oldschool, like they're late 19th century originals.

QjkKUdm.jpg

Today was 20% off of everything on Ebay. I did very bad things.

Streamlight TLR-1, AAC Blackout 90T w/ Blastout diverter, and TandemKross flat-faced trigger all on the way.

Today was 20% off of everything on Ebay. I did very bad things.

Streamlight TLR-1, AAC Blackout 90T w/ Blastout diverter, and TandemKross flat-faced trigger all on the way.
TLR-1 is the full size one right? I've been thinking about grabbing one to fit onto my SP2022 but I don't want the light to stick out passed the muzzle.

I really don't think the trigger kit is necessary. The standard break is already super crisp with a clean take up. And you can adjust pre and post travel apparently with just the trigger shoe. I just can't stand the extreme curve on the stock trigger with my big finger. The flat should feel much better.

I should try out the TandemKross flat faced trigger first. With a Geissele trigger in the Tavor, a LaRue trigger in one of the two AR's, and a CZ Custom warmed over CZ-75, I have ruined myself for just good triggers.

Latest Posts

Back