Real Guns

• Thread starter Calibretto
  • 8,850 comments
Nah, Kryptek is garbage. If you really want your gun to disappear you need Geo 7

a6m5 your Kimber would look good in Kryptek Nomad

kydex%20color%20kryptek.png
Nah, Kryptek is garbage. If you really want your gun to disappear you need Geo 7
I’m not familiar with any of these camouflage names. Had to Google Geo 7. :lol:

I’ve seen it around, but I’m not a fan of the Kryptic. Sorry Xavier. :lol: Camo’s kinda cool, but I think I still like something like tan:

5F1B74D3-6F86-44B5-B116-0682707D240F.jpeg

Actually I’m not feeling the desert tan either. :dunce::lol:

More I look at it, I really like the look of the Kimber. One of these days, I’ll get tired of looking at one of my guns, and I’ll do something. :lol:

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy one of these:

I saw these things come up on Botach today, but they were sold out. From my online browsing, it seems to be $200~$250 for the main kit. $60-ish for the flipup sights. I'd need red dot for it fo sho. :embarrassed:

Sorry for the doublepost, but I think this is 50% off 5.11 stuff(select items) on Botach with discount code "511tactical". I know you guys maybe interested @Xavier2342 @Omnis @Brett

Edit: I ordered Rush 24 & 72 in multicam. Also medical pouch in o/d. 50% off MSRP. When the deal's too good, I get nervous if they'll actually ship it. :lol:

Botach customer service is non existant. I will not do business with them. I am still waiting for them to send me the correct upper or refund me after almost a year of waiting. I will never give them another cent

Botach customer service is non existant. I will not do business with them. I am still waiting for them to send me the correct upper or refund me after almost a year of waiting. I will never give them another cent
I don't blame you. :ouch: I've done so much business with them, and I did receive a runaround on refund once, but they are still one of the best vendors I deal with, and been 100% reliable, except with that one return. I hope they get you fixed up very soon. :crazy:

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna buy one of these:

I saw these things come up on Botach today, but they were sold out. From my online browsing, it seems to be $200~$250 for the main kit. $60-ish for the flipup sights. I'd need red dot for it fo sho. :embarrassed:

$200-250 for the main kit? Well that's less than what they use to be a few years ago for the rifle/bullpup setup. As for red dot, get yourself a Holosun or Primary Arms red dot and call it good.

$200-250 for the main kit? Well that's less than what they use to be a few years ago for the rifle/bullpup setup. As for red dot, get yourself a Holosun or Primary Arms red dot and call it good.
I don't want the NFA stuff, and as Non-U.S. Citizen, I don't even know if I qualify to own restricted firearms/accessories? I've wanted something like this when I still had my first Glock(17), but I don't recall seeing anything back then with braces instead of folding stocks. Braces & lower price point are game changers for me!

It is kind of cool seeing what these can do with a PTR91 (US made G3/HK91). I wish I had easy access to a range like this.

It is kind of cool seeing what these can do with a PTR91 (US made G3/HK91). I wish I had easy access to a range like this.
Just unreal. That dude is great shot.
Speaking of PTR, my go to FFL had just gotten a 9CT in right before I came in a few weeks ago. So obviously I couldn't help myself. If I ever decide to accept doing the paperwork and paying the taxes this will be the gun I suppress and SBR but I dunno.
JadedSelfassuredDodobird-size_restricted.gif
Also dropped a Timney single stage straight trigger and a raptor charging handle in my MPX. It was great before and it's even better now.
Never have shot anything with straight trigger. Sounds touchy to operate, but maybe not at all?

David that is a really cool setup that you have on your MPX. Is that the SB Tactical SBPDW brace or PDW buttstock?

That PTR 9 CT would be pretty cool as an SBR. With a suppressor this would be a great option for home protection. For myself I'd be happy with one of these and a SB Tactical SBT5A brace.

a6m5 just wanted to thank you again for sharing that 5.11 discount. I have 2 pairs of 5.11 pants on the way.

a6m5 just wanted to thank you again for sharing that 5.11 discount. I have 2 pairs of 5.11 pants on the way.
I'm glad to hear that you got to use the discount! I'm a big fan of their pants. None of the pants I wanted were available, or were part of the sale however(wanted another pair of Stryker & Defender Jeans). :(:lol: Me, long story short, I have backpacks coming. :P

I'm glad to hear that you got to use the discount! I'm a big fan of their pants. None of the pants I wanted were available, or were part of the sale however(wanted another pair of Stryker & Defender Jeans). :(:lol: Me, long story short, I have backpacks coming. :P

Earlier today I was excited about finally receiving the 5.11 pants I ordered. Unfortunately, I have to exchange them for a smaller size :guilty:. Hopefully the pair I ordered for my brother-in-law fit him just fine.

Remember my conversation with the Glock rep I told you guys about in post 7484?

Remember my conversation with the Glock rep I told you guys about in post 7484?
Looking at this video & noticing how you can mount red dot, but it comes stock with iron sights gave me an idea. Are there guns like Glock 45, but let you co-witness?

I like red dot on my rifle(s), but for me personally, handgun must be ready to go, on demand. While two red dot sights I own have performed perfectly, I still don't have complete faith using them on what I see as fast-deploy defense weapon? If they ever come out with cowitness sights, if I don't have the time to mess around with the red dot, or it's not working for whatever reason, I still have the iron sights(I realize there are reflex sights you don't have to manually turn on).

Anyway, I do find the Glock 45 very interesting. I'm just sorry it's not actually .45ACP. :D
Earlier today I was excited about finally receiving the 5.11 pants I ordered. Unfortunately, I have to exchange them for a smaller size :guilty:. Hopefully the pair I ordered for my brother-in-law fit him just fine.
Shopping for apparel online is tricky to say the least. For me, I own enough of their pants of various styles, so I've yet to pick wrong size pant-wise. Their shirts are different story. Luckily, I got them on super clearance, so I've been able to get my money back on eBay. Their shirts are weird. :nervous:

I got my Rush series backpacks today, keeping two out of the three. Their Rush 72 are HUGE. I'm going to try to flip it on eBay, and keep Rush 24. :crazy:

a6m5 I can't remember offhand if I was able to co-witness with the Glock 19 MOS I recently rented but I do believe I was able to do so with the FN 509 Tactical. For the FN 509 Tactical I think it already comes equipped with taller sights specifically for people who plan using sound suppressors. I am not entirely sure about which optics ready handguns come from the factory iron sights tall enough to co-witness with red dot sights but maybe someone more knowledgeable on the subject can chime in.

The appeal that I have for red dot sights on handguns stems back to the experience I had with my CZ Scorpion. Sure if is a larger "pistol" but for myself target acquisition significantly than traditional iron sights. Yes with red dot sight it is best to leave them turned on while you're carrying the weapon (duty or concealment) but that is why you have options like the Trijicon RMR with a 4 year battery life when left on at a low-medium brightness setting or 25 days when left on the brightest setting.

Initially the G45 nomenclature threw me off as well but I do believe they offer Glock 41 MOS chambered in .45 ACP.

As for the 5.11 pants, I'm usually spot-on when shopping online for apparel but these being the first set of 5.11 pants I've ever tried on, it almost makes me wish I would have tried these pants on locally before ordering them online. How durable are those Rush backpacks? I've had one of their messenger bags as a work bag for about 3 years and I love it. Back in the day my go-to backpacks were Sandpiper bugout or 3-day pass backpacks. Do you have any experience with Oakley backpacks?

Last edited:
a6m5 I can't remember offhand if I was able to co-witness with the Glock 19 MOS I recently rented but I do believe I was able to do so with the FN 509 Tactical. For the FN 509 Tactical I think it already comes equipped with taller sights specifically for people who plan using sound suppressors. I am not entirely sure about which optics ready handguns come from the factory iron sights tall enough to co-witness with red dot sights but maybe someone more knowledgeable on the subject can chime in.

The appeal that I have for red dot sights on handguns stems back to the experience I had with my CZ Scorpion. Sure if is a larger "pistol" but for myself target acquisition significantly than traditional iron sights. Yes with red dot sight it is best to leave them turned on while you're carrying the weapon (duty or concealment) but that is why you have options like the Trijicon RMR with a 4 year battery life when left on at a low-medium brightness setting or 25 days when left on the brightest setting.

Initially the G45 nomenclature threw me off as well but I do believe they offer Glock 41 MOS chambered in .45 ACP.
That's a lot of good information there. Thanks. 👍 I hope it's something manufactures look to make happen with their future designs. I also do love red dot sights, but with cowitness feature, it would get me to seriously consider a purchase.
As for the 5.11 pants, I'm usually spot-on when shopping online for apparel but these being the first set of 5.11 pants I've ever tried on, it almost makes me wish I would have tried these pants on locally before ordering them online. How durable are those Rush backpacks? I've had one of their messenger bags as a work bag for about 3 years and I love it. Back in the day my go-to backpacks were Sandpiper bugout or 3-day pass backpacks. Do you have any experience with Oakley backpacks?
My only other experiences with packs are Maxpedition? I used to be really impressed with them, both with the designs & quality, but unfortunately, their pricing went from too high to WTF(:eek:), so that was that.

Rush12 was my first 5.11 backpack & while I mostly only use it when I go shooting, quality seems top notch & durable. I really like how these packs look, and also how much considerations 5.11 put in organizational features, so I was stoked when these things went 50% off the other day.

It looks like Rush 72 backpack wasn't the only dud from my orders though. I also had 6x6 Med Pouch on this order? It's too wide to go on molle on the side of the backpacks, Rush 12 or 24. :ouch: I already have simple med kit in my Rush12, but one of my buddies recommended that I get separate & clearly marked med pouch, so I was looking forward to installing it. Oops. :lol: I'll need something like this now, but I'm not paying $30 for that. I may have to go off-brand, or wait for another sale. :lol:

a6m5 I still scratch my head about the cost of Maxpedition bags and even the more expensive 5.11 backpacks but it is what it is. I'll just patiently wait till a sale comes up like the one you shared with us.

David nice collection and nice corvette the way 👍. What you stated about braces is something I often think about when the topic of gun control comes up. I've never really cared about Bump-Stocks but what happened with them politically is a slippery slope because that puts just about every firearm accessory at risk of being reclassified as a NFA item. For the time being I'll enjoy the braces I have and get my Gun Trust ready.

My experience with red dot sights on handguns is very limited (1 range visit). Being that you own a Sig P320 X-Five, what is your take on optics ready firearms?

To me the thing that takes the most getting used to is the way the reset is because the trigger barely moves when you pull it. Very different feel trying to do fast double taps compared to the regular trigger.
This interests me. Very much. :D
I'm not a fan of pistol braces and don't really want one in my house when the un-elected bureaucrats at the ATF decide to change their minds about them on a whim.
I've wondered about this, too. I'm still a wait & see, but really like those Roni Glock stock things with brace....
Beautiful weekend here. Spent a few hours at the range yesterday morning and then a few hours cruising around in the evening.
I'm glad you weren't talking about drive bys.
a6m5 I still scratch my head about the cost of Maxpedition bags and even the more expensive 5.11 backpacks but it is what it is. I'll just patiently wait till a sale comes up like the one you shared with us.
I've found 5.11 bags to be cheaper from my experience? One of the bags I'm keeping, Rush 24 has MSRP of $130 & when I looked up sizes, they seem to be much closer to Maxpedition Vulture II(Vulture's little bit bigger, but it's a 72hr pack). Vulture has MSRP of almost $200.

You are probably looking at medium to smaller packs, right? If you happened to be looking for big 3-day packs, let me know. I have two I'm stuck with & it'll be killer deal for you, or anyone here. 👍

:eek: I just got an email from FedEx saying that they are sending me a shipment. 10 months of waiting lolol.

Wait... You're joking right? What the heck did you order? lol

It's a long story but the short of it is I ordered the new mlok PWS Upper with all the new gucci parts. I got a screaming deal on it, why is why I ordered it. What showed up to my house was the old busted key mod one. They have the same model/part number so they tried to bait and switch me. I sent it back and they have had my substantial sum of money for ten months. Haven't been able to get a hold of them for anything. Instead, I was talking to PWS's chief marketing officer who offered to ship me the upper and write it off, but all this time I couldn't even get a refund from botach. I'd rather botach eat the money though. So I got a call from the head of the purchasing department at botach who apologized to me profusely (probably because pws stopped selling to them until they fixed my situation) and told me he would overnight everything to me. But that was in January lol.

Moral of the story, PWS is awesome, Blowtach sucks. I really hope it's the right part this time.

Back