Real race = kick

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rebel27
  • 22 comments
  • 1,563 views

Rebel27

(Banned)
Messages
49
Just played in an online "race" and got kicked for actually driving the right way around the track. At least 5 others were kicked for the same reason. What gives. The room said race for real btw.
 
Most lobbies are full of idiots like that who kick as soon as they feel threatened with the possibility of losing to a real racer/driver.
 
DromeGT
Just host your own lobbies ^_^

Thats the best way. And then get your friends to join, and then you can kick the people that mess about.
 
I tend to host private lounges for just my mates.

If you want clean online racing and some good banter add me: Mozzer_
 
DromeGT
I tend to host private lounges for just my mates.

If you want clean online racing and some good banter add me: Mozzer_

Ill add you, also me and few other members of gtp have shuffle races but tends to be a lot of accidents and fighting for first place lol.

But clean races are good too.
 
joining public rooms almost always results in a stressful unfair experience for me so I stick to playing with people that I know wont try anything like that :)
 
I suggest starting your own lobbies, it's the only was to completely resolve those issues.
 
Join a racing league or something. That way you always got some people to race with and shoot the bull with while driving some laps. I hardly race in the open lobbies anymore, I always seem to have a few people online at any given time to do some races with.
 
Ill add you, also me and few other members of gtp have shuffle races but tends to be a lot of accidents and fighting for first place lol.

But clean races are good too.

I have to say racing online with you christara321,triggsie1 and Igwyana is extremely fun if sometimes a bit dirty (cutting corners etc.).
 
CARCRASH
I have to say racing online with you christara321,triggsie1 and Igwyana is extremely fun if sometimes a bit dirty (cutting corners etc.).

Lol it is fun. You on there tonight ?

I dont cut corners :) ok maybe a little.
 
i was hosting this room recently and these guys came in and decided to race the correct way around the track, so i kicked them.
 
@ the guys suggesting an own lobby:
It happens that it takes ages (aka 2 hour idle time) for people to join a "race clean - no assists". Any tipps about the lobby/track/limits settings?
It really sucks to have GT5 on but be deemed to be alone on the track...
 
Lol it is fun. You on there tonight ?

I dont cut corners :) ok maybe a little.
I will probably join but as I have broken my wrist I probably won't race.
 
CARCRASH
I will probably join but as I have broken my wrist I probably won't race.

Ouch. How you do that ?

Add this when you can. ah_2k11_
 
fell off my bike on very strong painkillers.
and i'll add that name now
 
I am often banned from lobbies, without even begin to run on the track! perhaps racism among countries! Who does that can only be abnormal! Idiots!
 
i hate those who just kick you without any reason, it makes me go supa dupa mad :grumpy:
 
It happens all the time, just 2 days ago I joined a shuffle race and they kicked me out on the 3rd lap out of 4 because I managed to be 4/5 seconds ahead and they saw that probably wouldn't be able to catch up, kicked me out.I really don't understand why people act like this, for me if I'm going on the top positions(doesn't happen that often) i feel really good but if not I'm happy anyway, I learned the 'green hell' loosing lots of races online, but lost fair and clean.
Also happens that I don't even start to race and get kicked.
 
Don't take immediate kicks personally, sometimes it's as simple as "we don't want any more people right now," or "I don't know you." Online doesn't need to be as anger-inducing as some people seem to let it.

Also, doesn't GT5 still feature lots of random disconnects, which many people misinterpret as being booted by the host?
 
Don't take immediate kicks personally, sometimes it's as simple as "we don't want any more people right now," or "I don't know you." Online doesn't need to be as anger-inducing as some people seem to let it.

Also, doesn't GT5 still feature lots of random disconnects, which many people misinterpret as being booted by the host?

You are rigth in the disconnects but when I'm racing people that I know I hardly ever get the disconnected so most of the others are kicks instead of random disconnects.
 
You are rigth in the disconnects but when I'm racing people that I know I hardly ever get the disconnected so most of the others are kicks instead of random disconnects.

I wasn't saying it doesn't happen, just that in some cases it doesn't really mean anything, and in any case, it isn't the end of the world. Besides, if a host is willing to quit their race and forfeit any winnings just to kick somebody out for beating them, I don't really want to race in their room anyway. Ohhh, to have a race with the same number of finishers as starters...
 
Back