Really need a car now (deopsit down!!!)!

  • Thread starter Thread starter DQuaN
  • 67 comments
  • 3,014 views
Fook! I hate when stuff like that happens. My aunt got a car from car giant but had to wait almost two weeks to get it because they had to get some alloy wheel nuts for the car when they said it would only take 3 days!!

A giant would probably have some difficulty with those fiddly little wheel nuts.
 
Apparently they took the whole gearbox out and have to replace the synchros.
 
Finally!! It will be ready today!
 
Sorry for the triple post, just bringing it back to the top so that you all know what's going on.

I didn't get it. They started giving me more crap about needing to wait for the log book so i told them I want my deposit back.

I popped down to a PROPER car dealer today and it was so much easier. If all goes well, I pick it up tomorrow.

*edit*
Car has been taken off autotrader!
 
Congrats! You're really sold on the Zetec... :)


It's probably best that you didn't get the first car. God knows what problems would have popped up with it.
 
That other one is probably more than a little messed up. You can blame the dealer for a week's worth of delay, but you have to start getting suspicious after that.

Hopefully this next dealer won't throw that kind of delay at you. Is there a procedure in the UK where the dealer has to look over the car before you take it home? I seem to remember us getting the keys and driving it home right after the final handshake after plunking the money down and then taking the car back in later. Maybe that's because we go to a family mechanic and don't use the dealer...
 
Lots of dealers (including the one I went to yesterday) do various checks on cars before they sell them to make sure they're roadworthy. I don't know if it's the law though.



Congrats! You're really sold on the Zetec... :)


It's probably best that you didn't get the first car. God knows what problems would have popped up with it.

Yeah, it's cheap, reliable and fun to drive. Not bad looking either!
 
Lots of dealers (including the one I went to yesterday) do various checks on cars before they sell them to make sure they're roadworthy. I don't know if it's the law though.

You would think that they would try and make sure it's working right before they put it up on the market.... :banghead:
 
Back