Reaper Racing Club - 450pp Production Car Cup

• Thread starter hobbsy
  • 212 comments
I'll likely be showing up in a Mark 5 Golf.

Got to say there's not a HUGE amount of hatches to choose from at this PP range, are things like the Sirocco, Focus and Megane classed as hatches in this instance?

I shall be updating the post with a filtered car list soon. But to answer your question, Yes they are.

I'm debating with myself if I should include cars like the Integra, as they have a Hatch / lift back boot... But are not what i would really class as a Hot Hatch, more of a coupe really!

Liking the schedule, I'll probably stick with the Meg next week!

Reckon we should stick with SH tyres unless I get outvoted :P

Being as we're likely going to be dealing with an FF grid (for the most part) I'd stick with SH too.

If the 'teg is included I'll probably use one of those, doubtful the Golf will keep up with any of the faster FF's, even if I am quite versed with Brands-Hatch even if I do say so myself :sly:.

EDIT: Oh we're at Stowe, lol scrap that then. Also, am i going to be allowed to use the FTO at Laguna-Seca :D?

Last edited:
Laguna was listed as roadsters or sports!!! I guess we can put coupes down too... ;)

Chase you are free to use the FTO for any race if you wish!

Another Topic up for discussion is the race formats, previously I had pick a long race with pit-stops, now i'm thinking two shorter races back to back with reverse grid for the second...

Any body have any objections to this?

Not sure I could bring the FTO actually;

times.jpg

I have a feeling the S2K will be a popular choice, and, well, clearly it's not a match.

I'm all for the reverse-grid idea. Helps move the pack about which is useful for multi-car racing.

I have a feeling the S2K will be a popular choice, and, well, clearly it's not a match.
I find it very difficult to believe that S2000 would be the fastest car at Lacuna Seca... I haven't done any practice there yet, though. Actually, seeing the schedule, I was thinking of trying NSX there. I try to keep Team Honda as long as possible :D

I find it very difficult to believe that S2000 would be the fastest car at Lacuna Seca... I haven't done any practice there yet, though. Actually, seeing the schedule, I was thinking of trying NSX there. I try to keep Team Honda as long as possible :D

Never said fastest, I said popular.

At more or less every track the NSX will be the fastest car period. But I like variety and fighting in packs so I go for the underdog at all times :P.

At more or less every track the NSX will be the fastest car period. But I like variety and fighting in packs so I go for the underdog at all times :P.

Hmm... I think Lotus Elise is the strongest there too... And at London NSX was slower than S2000 because of it's funky gear ratios and loose rear.

MC_Chase, You can afford to pick underdog car. I always thought Laguna Seca to be one of my stronger tracks but I only lapped 1:44 with S2000, 1:43 with RX-7 and 1:40 with Elise. I am sure you would lap 1:35 with Elise :)

edit: for me S2000 is underdog car, if I wanted to just win I would take Elise all the time :)

Hmm... I think Lotus Elise is the strongest there too... And at London NSX was slower than S2000 because of it's funky gear ratios and loose rear.

MC_Chase, You can afford to pick underdog car. I always thought Laguna Seca to be one of my stronger tracks but I only lapped 1:44 with S2000, 1:43 with RX-7 and 1:40 with Elise. I am sure you would lap 1:35 with Elise :)

edit: for me S2000 is underdog car, if I wanted to just win I would take Elise all the time :)

Elise would be strong too, I still think I could get more out the NSX at London, just a hunch - I haven't tested them. on CS tires I doubt it would be the case admittedly.

We'll see about the FTO, maybe if people are lapping a '42 dead or less in practice then I'll bring it out :P. I very much DO want to use it at some point!

Just been making some updates to the car list, and noticed I have missed of a car from the "Hot Hatch" List...

IMPREZA WRX STI '07 - PP461

Obviously would need restricting, but could still dominate the track!!! 👍

I'm leaning on the Scirocco at the moment, the new one's nowhere near as cool as that 80's one but it's still alrite to look at and pretty fun to drive!

I did some testing last night with various cars to obtain a target time, i think i might need to test more but...

1:00.5 could be the mark to aim for. :boggled:

I'm leaning on the Scirocco at the moment, the new one's nowhere near as cool as that 80's one but it's still alrite to look at and pretty fun to drive!

wouldn't this be a bit too quick for you Chase??? ;)

wouldn't this be a bit too quick for you Chase??? ;)

Sorry was racing this morning at VCRC (I'm drained now, the LCC race tonight is going to kill me :indiff:) so haven't checked out the times I'll lap with it yet. A minute point five seems like a demanding time to me being as i can only drag the Rocket around Stowe in 53.3 0_0. If I am above the time with the Scirocco I'll use the Mark 5 Golf again. If anyone uses the Impreza though they'll be destroying the field.

Sorry was racing this morning at VCRC (I'm drained now, the LCC race tonight is going to kill me :indiff:) so haven't checked out the times I'll lap with it yet. A minute point five seems like a demanding time to me being as i can only drag the Rocket around Stowe in 53.3 0_0. If I am above the time with the Scirocco I'll use the Mark 5 Golf again. If anyone uses the Impreza though they'll be destroying the field.

I've been running under the minute with quite a few cars... I managed 59.8 in the Clio RS, and 1:00 flat in the Mark V golf. These were all online, with all room conditions as planned.

Just out of interest, I took the Elise out for a run! And I was suprised just how much i kept improving my times, there was still 1 or 2 tenths left to find when i gave up at 56.5 :cool:

So I'm hoping i can carry this experiance into tye rocket race latter ;)

1:00.5 could be the mark to aim for. :boggled:

I will start with this: Honda Civic Type R (EK) '98 : 1:00.544

The Civic '01 and '04 were almost equal at around 0:59.5:ish

My laps are not very consistent and I still need to practice my racing nerves so I hope I can join some sprint race with one of the latter ones to better keep up with the pack :)

edit: these are offline times with real grip (my earlier lap times were low grip reduction...)

stowe.jpg

Got a few laps in;

My first try of the Scirocco I put a lap in and decided the brakes were just stupid, so i put on a 3/8 bias and killed the ABS and its a beast - I think I could probably get more than a 56.8 with it with some time.

the Golf was surprisingly good. I didn't try it on normal brakes - I went straight with a 3/7 bias and left ABS on. This was arcade mode so i presume we're probably on similar times with the Golf Hobbsy.

Another Topic up for discussion is the race formats, previously I had pick a long race with pit-stops, now i'm thinking two shorter races back to back with reverse grid for the second...

Any body have any objections to this?

I like the idea of two shorter races and reverse grid. Or maybe one short sprint, and then car adjustments (too fast and too slow have chance for minor up(/down)grade, mid range keeps mostly same car) then main event would be bit longer race.

In the practice session last week, the second run was more fun when the pack was tightened a little 👍

I think the format will be 2 races per night (probably 20 Laps each!), same track with reverse grid for second race. I just need to find out if we can have a break between the two races to make any change / select another car!

I will probably test this arrangement tonight, so if anyone is online and wants to help out / join in for some short (1 lap) races, feel free to jump in. 👍

Furthermore, I was running some more car tests after the Rocket Race last night and have established the following times...

Car Time

Focus RS '02 - 58.2
Clio R.S. '11 - 59.9
CIVIC TYPE R (EP) '04 - 59.9
Golf V GTI '05. - 1:00.6
205 Turbo 16 '85 - 59.3
COOPER S '11. - 1:01.3
Mégane Trophy '11 - 58.1
Clio V6 24V '00 - 58.3

I've put down quite a lot of laps in these cars, so I'm probably setting quicker times than initially expected!
Just a note about anyone looking to use the Megan... a very capable car it is, but not without destroying its tyres in the process, in which case you may struggle in the last few laps.

Pit stops will not be required with the split races, but if you're unable to drive safely then you need to consider it. I want to keep the races long enough to encourage some stratrgy, and also create opportunity towards the end ofthe race!

PS3 froze when pressing the open lobby. Had to restart... Now checking and restoring system...
:indiff:

Argh... i hate that. :mad: I have to avoid restarting like the plague! I put a 1TB drive in and it takes forever to restore.

Back