Reasons to buy gt6

• Thread starter YUBOY7
  • 303 comments
YUBOY7
Gt6 looks like a great game, but I already own gt5 and gt6 just looks like an upgraded version of gt5. What are some reasons to get gran turismo 6 that will justify the $60 price.

Because you want to?

If you're not seeing the difference in what has been shown, then maybe you should wait, or not buy.

Ugh...this again. You do not know everything about the game so how can you say it's an upgraded GT5?

Anyway, one reason I'm getting it is because I need more racing games to play. It will be neat to try more cars with the new physics.

I've been in love with GT since 1998 so that's why I'm getting it.

If you need us to give you a reason to buy it, maybe you shouldn't waste your money?

Have you read anything that's been posted about GT6 either here on GTP or from official PD announcements? Read any reviews from people who were at Goodwood, Silverstone or E3? Seen any videos?

Really, do some research like everyone else and make up your own mind.

Anyway, one reason I'm getting it is because I need more racing games to play. It will be neat to try more cars with the new physics.

This is my first reason why I'm getting GT6, the new physics, so excited about it. My other reasons is the new course maker, cars and especially tracks.

Oh and btw. Enough with assuming GT6 is a upgraded GT5, because its not...

EDIT: Let me change that a bit. I'm getting GT6 because its a game like every other game. There shouldn't be any reasons when buying games.

Last edited:
Because it is a new gt game. Every one has something new about it. I would love to see what they did to improve over gt5. Especially with the aspec races.

There will also be a lot of new cars to enjoy, plus there will be new tracks and with the DLC probably new "old tracks".

The change won't be as substantial as going from gt3 to gt4, but I think it will be great none the less.

I'd say it would help to decide when you actually get a good idea of what GT6 will be like, probably after Gamescom and TGS. Even if you can't decide then, rent it! 👍

If you own a wheel and a PS3 it's a no brainer really.

It will have some entertainment value for sure.

You have a PS3.
You like racing games.
GT5 is one of the best, if not the best, racing game on PS3.
GT6 is gonna be the continuation and, hopefully, improvement of GT5.

Conclusion? Buy GT6. Simple.

After reading the First comment :

"Looks like a upgraded Version"

1. GT 5 Looks AWESOME , therefore they cant change much , especially not on the ps3, with such graphics, Details , fps ...

2. a Sim Player doesnt buy a game for Graphics, therefore your comparison is completly wrong - "..looks..".

The physics in the Demo are awesome + New Cars, Tracks , many changes, lets see what the Multiplayer will get as an Update ...
So i Pay 60 bucks and can Play 1-2 years .

Iam still Playing GT 5 every Day ! And i bought it ob the relase Day for 60bucks. You can get so much for your Money

People buy games because they want to, you don't have to find a reason if you don't feel like buying it
I think it would be better if we had more information about GT6. Right now, we can only go by knowing that there will be many improvements (so many damn improvements will be made, there's no debating it). So yeah, we can make this a more useful thread when we get more information.

Because Project C.A.R.S wont be out until 2014
Niiiiiiiiiiice :lol:

This theory that GT6 is an updated version of GT5 is BS. If that's the case then so is every other GT game aka GT1-2 and GT3-4). GT6 is a new game with new, not updated features.

I just hope the online community improved with its restrictions and offer online/offline drag racing free or as a DLC.

I've been in love with GT since 1998 so that's why I'm getting it.

If you need us to give you a reason to buy it, maybe you shouldn't waste your money?

I couldn't have said it better myself.:)

Well, I was going to buy Forza Motorsport 5 instead of GT6 at first, but after I hear how disappointing Xbox One is, I changed my mind.

In fact, I feel sorry for Turn 10 that their newest Forza Game has to be released on a new Xbox Game Console that has such bad features.

So I'll go off buying GT6 when it comes out.

Well, I was going to buy Forza Motorsport 5 instead of GT6 at first, but after I hear how disappointing Xbox One is, I changed my mind.

In fact, I feel sorry for Turn 10 that their newest Forza Game has to be released on a new Xbox Game Console that has such bad features.

So I'll go off buying GT6 when it comes out.

The xbox 180 has removed all there crappy features ( making every one who ever defended them and argued against me about them look like a complete idiot XD) But iv never liked forza. It just I cant put my finger on it, probably the same reason my friend hates motorstorm. But honesty buying a Xbox console for one game is a bad idea. There best exclusives are timed ( just like mass effect and a few others were..) so i wouldn't suggest you do that. Id advise the same against gt if the ps3 had lackluster exclusives and so far it has the best this gen has to offer so XD . Im on the edge about Gt6. im pre ordering it but telling my friend ill buy his copy for him .. ( and thus play it at his house and if i like it il buy my own copy and get the pre order stuff if i don't il hand him my code XD 👍

New tracks, new cars, new physics engine... what more could you want? I've been a Gran Turismo fan since I first played it back in either 1998 or 1999 and I intend to own a copy of every version of Gran Turismo released in the USA.

If you need persuasion to make a purchase of this scale you should stick with your current version. Chances are you want notice the many upgrades that We talk about endlessly all over GT Planet which you referred to as upgrades. I recommend you save your 60.00.

You should make visits occasionally to GTP just to see how your outdated version is .

Last edited:
If you need persuasion to make a purchase of this scale you should stick with your current version. Chances are you want notice the many upgrades that We talk about them endlessly all over GT Planet which you referred to as upgrades. I recommend you save your 60.00.

You should make visits occasionally to GTP just to see how your outdated version is stacking up.

Tell that to the millions who buy COD, the things we call updates for GT5 validate A new COD title.

Gt6 looks like a great game, but I already own gt5 and gt6 just looks like an upgraded version of gt5. What are some reasons to get gran turismo 6 that will justify the $60 price.

You expect us to know all the details about the game? If you can't decide, wait for reviews. You may as well ask us what car you should buy, without telling us what you want it for. Even then though, everyone has different taste, so that would be a stupid question anyway.

If you're on GTPlanet I'm guessing that you've played other GT games. If you've played other GT games, you probably liked them. If you liked them then you'll like GT6. That's why i'm getting it.

Why buy GT6? Because you don't have a PS4 yet so you can't pick up The Crew in 2014

There is no way you can compare this to Gran Turismo.
It's more like Hot pursuit or Burn out.

Has nothing to do with racing:tdown:

Back