Recommend FF drive car

  • Thread starter Thread starter Demon_62
  • 82 comments
  • 6,072 views
rsh
The Xsara WRC did have AWD/4WD last year.
The one in GT3 and GT4 is de model where the tested several things, like gearboxes and engines.
Out of my head, they entered the WRC from 2001 with the AWD/4WD version.

Have you ever wondered why the latest version isn't in GT4? 1 thing I could think of is that it also is in WRC and in CMR.


I thought the actual WRC version was Front wheel drive. I've seen a video of the Xsara rally car and IIRC (which apparently I don't :p), only the front wheels spun on take off.
 
Integra Type R
I thought the actual WRC version was Front wheel drive. I've seen a video of the Xsara rally car and IIRC (which apparently I don't :p), only the front wheels spun on take off.

All WRC cars are AWD, including the Xsara.....

My $0.2 for the best FF in GT4 has to go the the Civic Type-r or VW GTi '05
 
kensei
My $0.2 for the best FF in GT4 has to go the the Civic Type-r or VW GTi '05

Ah, so I'm NOT the only one that likes the MkV Golf.. hehe.
 
I used the Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '03. NA tuning works great on the thing. Downforce setting to 30/20 makes it perform like a FR.
 
Acura RSX, Acura Integra Type-R, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, Honda Accord Coupe V6, Acura 3.2CL Type-S (2003 w/ 6-speed) :D
 
neurokinetik
If you drive the Xsara rally car, just make sure you have traction control enabled... yer gonna need it... :lol:
I just bought the Xsara, tested it on a few tracks and noticed it bounces like crazy. Is this normal behavior for this car?
 
Jedi2016
Ah, so I'm NOT the only one that likes the MkV Golf.. hehe.

it's not bad, and somehow i like that teal color :P
 
Honda Integra Type R (DC5). 492hp. Overkill at it's greatest. Mine is so strong the front tires are toast before the rears even warm up. I'm working on that now. I don't think it's the handling, probably a too itchy nitrous finger!
 
Full wieght reduction in the Lupo GTI '01 which I had lying around from that damn Lupo Series. It owned.
 
from tunner's: Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03

rocks. and I hate ff's. 👍
 
I used the Ford Taurus SHO, I think this car is really underestimated, and Mine looks like a bad ass, cuz it's jet black, and slammed to the ground. It handles much better than you would expect for a 4 door sedan. I would defineatly pick this car over a lot of other FF cars previously mentioned.
 
thats right, V8 with 238 HP stock, 400 HP fully tuned...but for the price you'll pay for a few mods and the SHO, you cant go wrong with it :)
 
I used an Acura CL Type-S for these races, had no problem.

not exactly the best $/performance play in the game though, is a bit of a pain in the butt to drive :)
 
Phillip Bugalski won the French National Rally Championship in both '98 and '99 with a front wheel drive Citreon Xsara werks car. It was developed at the end of the French FWD development program. It seemed that Renault and Peugeot/Citreon were competing for the best FF car in the world. Citreon Sport concentrated most of their efforts on the National rally scene, but managed to win the Tour De Corse in 1999. After 1999 Renault pulled the Megane project, and Peugeot finally realized that 4WD was better for rally, no matter how the light the FF cars were. Peugeot knew they could develop a championship winning program with the 206, so they reduced the amount of competition by pulling the plug on Citreon Sport's rally effort. Citreon Sport again got another green light from their parent company, after Gronholm won. A few years later and Peugeot/Citreon have another WRC championship.

For GT4, I used a stock Spoon Sports ITR with the black Spoon 5-spokes.
 
'91 Prelude VTEC

N/A stage 1, exhaust, chip, & engine balance = 260hp.

stage 1 weight reduction, race suspension, roll cage.

stock brakes, stock tranny, semi race flywheel & clutch, 1 way LSD.

destroyed FF competition, and competitive in other races in pro hall, japan hall, and special condition events.
 
Noone has really Mentioned the Toyota Celica ss-II

does this mean everyone thinks its rubbish?

yes I love Integra's esp. the Spoon one but I was gonna start with the Celica so could somebody please tell my how much it is and how good it is?

much appriciated (sp?)

Rob
 
Rob192005
Noone has really Mentioned the Toyota Celica ss-II

does this mean everyone thinks its rubbish?

yes I love Integra's esp. the Spoon one but I was gonna start with the Celica so could somebody please tell my how much it is and how good it is?

much appriciated (sp?)

Rob

try this one there will be NO complaints! in the tunner section.
Trial: Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03 , starts w/ 280hp - then mod it!
 
IceGT
I used the Ford Taurus SHO, I think this car is really underestimated, and Mine looks like a bad ass, cuz it's jet black, and slammed to the ground. It handles much better than you would expect for a 4 door sedan. I would defineatly pick this car over a lot of other FF cars previously mentioned.

👍
I'm glad someone finally came out in support of the SHO. Absolutely monstrous FF car for the money, and certainly spanks the competition in the beginner FF challenge.
 
Bummer I didnt realize the SHO was in the game, I bought the Focus RS.
 
Back