Red Bull Racing and F1 in GT5?

Sony held the F1 licence until the end of the 2006 season and Toca Race Driver 3 (released in early 2006 from what i remember) included the '05 BMW Williams FW27 so maybe GT5 could include 2009 cars.

Sony held the F1 license until the end of the 2006 season and Toca Race Driver 3 (released in early 2006 from what i remember) included the '05 BMW Williams FW27 so maybe GT5 could include 2009 cars.

Codemasters have the 2009 and 2010 license.

John Player special cars are my favourite they got me into art when I was a kid. Im now an Animator so I owe it to F1.

I took this in Japan last year:

DSC02144.jpg

I have to agree. I find the older F1 cars for more interesting than the current bread. It puts me in mind of a Shell TV advert where you see Ferrari F1 cars from over the decades driving on public roads, and the different noises they make.

It's always possible that we might see some more recent F1 cars like we did in GT5P.

great advert

Codemasters might have the rights to F1, but that's mainly for the championship and drivers.

Anyhow just as PD was able to include certain Suzuka 8 Hour bikes in TT rather than the championship iself, the same can be applied to GT5 where the F1 cars are individually licensed.

Codemasters might have the rights to F1, but that's mainly for the championship and drivers.

Anyhow just as PD was able to include certain Suzuka 8 Hour bikes in TT rather than the championship iself, the same can be applied to GT5 where the F1 cars are individually licensed.

Sounds good to me.

Funnily enough, I also bumped into Webber the day after his win at the Nurburgring... waiting for a train at a station funnily enough.
Did you get his autograph?

...the whole thing reminded me of Goodwood earlier this year, when Kaz was in attendance.

As part of a documentary he was making, he interviewed Mark Weber and David Coulthard. Both drivers for Red Bull Racing up until 2008.

http://www.redbullracing.com/Team/Team-Profile/News/Red-Bull-Drivers-Star-At-Racing-Festival/

Without starting a huge discussion on exclusivity etc, Codemasters have the license to the 2009 season (but not 2007 and 2008), so it would make sense that if a Red Bull F1 car were to make it into GT, it would be from the seasons MW and DC drove. It would also make sense to match up any F1 cars to the same timeframe as the F2007 as well.

We know that Kaz and Loeb are close, how much of a factor would that have on Red Bull Racing being in the game? The team must be linked to the WRC team and their Young Drivers programme, surely?

Now I'm not stating I think an F1 license will be in the game, but more cars from the 2007-2008 season could be in.

With the latest E3 trailer and confirmation of some sort of partnership with Red Bull Racing (yes, I feel a little smug right now :)), I thought it fitting to bump this thread so we can discuss the possibilities of what we've just seen without cluttering other threads.

- Red Bull Technology Centre confirmed in-game.
- Vettel doing voiceover work (track details).
- Custom aero parts design?
- What part could Adrian Newey play in all this?
- Wind tunnel testing?
- RBR F1 cars?
- Sponsorships? Career?
- Other teams? Will we see the McLaren Technology Centre Woking? Maybe Maranello?

Edit: Also, can a mod please add Red Bull Racing in the thread title please?

They might not necessarily be ingame items though, they just as easily could be GTTV features.

Very true, and I wonder why they would show it in a trailer if there wasn't more to it than GTTV?

Also, the Technology Centre was modelled in-game too (with an RBR Citroen parked outside).

After seeing the E3 Video - there is a huge possibilty of having F1 cars. F1 Team Red Bull racing was shown in the video and also chief designer Adrian Newey was seen explaining to Kaz. IMO, there is a huge chance of seeing F1 cars. However, there is still a big question mark due to the rights Codemasters have to the game.

They might not necessarily be ingame items though, they just as easily could be GTTV features.

I don't think doing that would make sense without a Red Bull car.

Of course that gives us a Toro Rosso as well.

But as discussed earlier in the thread, some old F1 cars (Ferrari is probably the most likely) would be fantastic.

Sorry, not a wind tunnel at the end of the trailer. Look closely, it is an autoclave.....

Interesting, thanks for pointing it out, should have seen it myself really.

It will never happen ina million years, but wouldn't it be interesting if we could design composite parts, fabricate them and then cure them in the autoclave...

Interesting, thanks for pointing it out, should have seen it myself really.

It will never happen ina million years, but wouldn't it be interesting if we could design composite parts, fabricate them and then cure them in the autoclave...

That's exactly what I was thinking....scary...I mean, it is the RBR Tech center???? Maybe premium??? Nah, never gonna happen. Although.....'The revolution????

I should point out that it isn't a technology centre, it is a museum/restaurant owned by Red Bull. Description of Centre. Site.

And it seems likely that it would be a photomode location. It still points to some sort of cooperation between Red Bull Racing and GT5.

Yes, and the Technology Centre is in the E3 video though. Was wrong about it being modelled in-game, it's this hanger 7.

Back