Red Bull Racing and F1 in GT5?

How dare you be a Mclaren fan:crazy: First I was with Massa, but then I noticed Alonso was way better:idea:. Then I saw Vettel get millions of poles and now I'm with him (his involvement in the X1 could've been part of that too:sly:)
P.S. I know Mclaren's good, but Red Bull's better:P

But Mercedes beats them all :lol:

Sorry but i just love the Merc F1 car.

If the slow old fart Webber would retire, Red Bull could double-win every race next season as Räikkönen would take Webber's place.

i agree that Kimi Raikkonen should return to f1. As i believe he is one of the best drivers in the field, matching Hamilton, Vettle and Alonso easily.

But Webber earned his place in that team and has shown he can be unbeatable on his day.

It would be a gamble for red bull to get rid of webber. Any great team cannot afford to have 2 'number 1' drivers. But hopefully webber learns from this year and can win the championship next season!

i agree that Kimi Raikkonen should return to f1. As i believe he is one of the best drivers in the field, matching Hamilton, Vettle and Alonso easily.

But Webber earned his place in that team and has shown he can be unbeatable on his day.

It would be a gamble for red bull to get rid of webber. Any great team cannot afford to have 2 'number 1' drivers. But hopefully webber learns from this year and can win the championship next season!

1. duh!
2. YOU SPELLED VETTEL WRONG

I was thinking about this today while watching the race... I too agree that Red Bull would have a hard time going after someone else to put in the second car next year that would be much better than Webber. I am a huge Seb fan and I didn't understand what Mark was doing today... He had a much better car and should have at least been on Alonso's gear and he seemed to know his title chances were gone and simply rode around all day...

That said, Webber was a title contender and I think they would have a tough time replacing him...or at least it would be a gamble at this point...

As for Kimi... There has been talk about him going to Renault which I found interesting... I think that would be a great move! That plus the Mercedes improving....as great as this season was 2011 might be the best season ever....that is unless Vettel's mental game from the last few races spews over to next year...then it just might be the RB7 and Vettel against the field...which I'll be perfectly ok with!

Well as this season proved, Vettel and Webber are not best friends. And if you take a look at the statistics, you see who is leading in the most DNFs due to a personal mistake (not an engine failure etc.) Webber is right there on the top. Just like Barrichello last season, Webber was only fast because of the superb car; he's not a fantastic driver.
Räikkönen and Vettel are very good friends and Vettel even knows a little Finnish. It would greatly improve the tight atmosphere in Red Bull.
And as everyone knows he is also a very fast driver.
His only fault is the greed for money and that's why he needed to move to WRC.

Edit: If I remember right, Red Bull was offering a place for Räikkönen, but he asked a too big wage, so they had to stick with Webber.

Surfing PSN looking for any sign of GT 5 promotion, and came across these in the Red Bull area. Given the interaction/involvement of Red Bull, I wonder if there's a GT 5 thing being set up with the bus and whatever is behind the curtain?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=1275&pictureid=15174

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=1275&pictureid=15175

What are you saying? I mean where did you find these pictures? in a certain game? :odd:

Edit: Perhaps PS Home?

Last edited:
F1 is all about the car, not the driver. I want to see Alonso win the championship in a Force India car or one of the other cars that almost always comes bottom. Bet your arse he will never finish first, unless the whole field crash.

Speaking of which, how are we going to do F1 racing in GT5 if we only have the X1 and two Ferraris?? :confused:

F1 is all about the car, not the driver. I want to see Alonso win the championship in a Force India car or one of the other cars that almost always comes bottom. Bet your arse he will never finish first, unless the whole field crash.

Speaking of which, how are we going to do F1 racing in GT5 if we only have the X1 and two Ferraris?? :confused:

We can recreate Indianapolis 2005 pretty well using 2 Ferarris and 4 Polyphony Formulas.

Seriously, do you really expect that there's going to be an embargo on game details over the next few weeks? If you want to avoid spoilers, stay out of the subforum.

That was an "in joke" concerning the Vettel comment above.

Last Sunday apparently a number of people were in the GT5 forums talking about his win, and several other members took the opportunity to shriek NO SPOILERS!!!! every time it happened because they felt members would come on on here and read for a few hours rather than watch a recording of the last Formula 1 race of the season. (I personally got up at 7:45 on a Sunday morning to see it Live).

Update from Jordan on the News page...

Why does Ferrari have the only F1 car in the game? While talking to a marketing representative for one of the manufacturers in GT5, I finally received an answer to this perplexing question. It all comes down to licensing and Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone. He commands control of the licensing for all of the cars in the series, with the exception of Ferrari. For reasons known only to Bernie and Ferrari, they have a special provision in their F1 contract which allows them to license their cars to whomever they please.

Ferrari and their special treatment... again.

If the slow old fart Webber would retire, Red Bull could double-win every race next season as Räikkönen would take Webber's place.

Slow old fart? he lead the championship for most of the season, haven't you been watching F1?
Raikkonen doesn't want to come back to F1, and he is terrible now.

I can only suggest that you are a Mclaren fan or a Vettel fan

Last edited by a moderator:
Update from Jordan on the News page...

Ferrari and their special treatment... again.

haha obviously a Mclaren fan would say that. jk I was a huge McLaren fan until the end of lewis' second season.

I was really bummed about the lack of F1 cars in the game. 2 Ferraris, and no Mclarens? I also thought there would be a redbull F1 car seeing as how redbull and polyphony teamed up to make the X1 I figured they would put in their Grand Prix winning car or at least their 2009 Silver finisher.

haha obviously a Mclaren fan would say that. jk I was a huge McLaren fan until the end of lewis' second season.

I was really bummed about the lack of F1 cars in the game. 2 Ferraris, and no Mclarens? I also thought there would be a redbull F1 car seeing as how redbull and polyphony teamed up to make the X1 I figured they would put in their Grand Prix winning car or at least their 2009 Silver finisher.

:sly: More like any non-Ferrari fan, not exclusive to McLaren fans of course.
But in all fairness, even MadMax has stated that Ferrari received special treatment... but we're not here to talk about that.

After Lewis' second season? How come?

Was really expecting the RB6 though, given Poly's current relationship with them.

Polyphony were never going to put any more Formula 1 cars in. If they had the Red Bull RB6 and the Ferrari F10 in the game, then there is a good chance that they would race against each other. Even if Polyphony prevented them from doing so in the normal game, people would have raced them against each other at the earliest possible opportunity in online mode. This, it could reasonably be argued, would count as a Grand Prix (especially if it happened at Monza or the Nurburring GP course), and therefore Polyphony would be in violation of licence held by Codemasters, which would open up the path for all sorts of legal nasties from Formula One Management and Codemasters. Polyphony obviously felt that Ferrari means more to Gran Turismo than Red Bull does (which they do, just don't tell anyone in the Motorsport sub-forum that I said that), and so decided to include the F10 ahead of the RB6. If anything, Adrian Newey was approached to design the Polyphony Digital X1 Prototype so that Polyphony could have his and Red Bull's presence in the game without violating Codemasters exclusive right to the Formula 1 World Championship.

So this is where this "fact" started. Interludes, please do not present your guessing as facts. Unless you can directly quote the license held by Codemasters, you cannot begin to claim what is and is not a violation of the license. I've yet to find someone who does actually know the terms of the license, if you can provide such citations, great. But I do so hate this trend of making up facts without any citation.

Back