Red Bull Racing and F1 in GT5?

The Red Bull F1 car from 2010 will not be in GT5, nor will any other F1 cars from 2010, or 2009, because Codemasters has the F1 license. I don't think they will have anything else from other years, either. Only thing that might happen is that we would be able to use the Technology Centre in GT5 to fool around with our cars, like straight line tests on that drag strip there, or maybe, testing the car's aerodynamics, using the wind tunnel of course, although the windtunnel may only be there for show.

We have no idea of the license conditions. Just because Codemasters have the license doesn't mean individual cars can't be in other games. An old Williams F1 car was in rFactor if I remember correctly, when Sony had the license.

We have no idea of the license conditions. Just because Codemasters have the license doesn't mean individual cars can't be in other games. An old Williams F1 car was in rFactor if I remember correctly, when Sony had the license.

Yes, BMW Sauber had a deal (through Intel, I think) with rFactor that resulted in the 2006 and 2008 F1 cars being made.

However, because this was being made as a free, yet official mod, not as a product to be sold to he public, that may have got them around the rules.

There's no reason why a 2007 or 2008 Red Bull couldn't appear in game, as far as I know.

An older Red Bull could very well appear in the game, like the Ferrari F2007. After all, Polyphony seems to have developed a close relationship with Red Bull (I mean, you can't get any closer than the team's number one driver and lead aerodynamicist). But the only thing I'm banking on is that Vettel's voice will be used in the game like Leno's voice in GT PSP or Travis Pastrana's voice in the original DiRT. And that would be the coolest thing ever. Well, second to racing against the Stig! :dopey:

Why else would they show the Red Bull technology centre in GT5 (Photomode location)

Why would they show interview/discussion with Sebastien Vettel and Adrian Newey in the E3 trailer. They are both affiliated with the RBR F1 team (Affiliated, being an understatement). Why else would they do that?

Bernie only holds the rights to the cars from this year and the season prior to the current. So in theory, PD could incorporate into the game any or every F1 car ever built up until the end of the 2008 season. I doubt that will happen... But we already know there is a Ferrari in there. In my opinion, this is no less than confirmation of a 2007/2008 Red Bull F1 car in GT5. Maybe even a Torro Rosso, that Vettel drove to his first victory, considering that the Torro Rosso team is another Red Bull team.

We already know that Mclaren are in the game. For the past 2-3 decades they've been one of the most successful teams. Could we see a couple of those included? I hope for the 2008 Championship winning car.

But I'm getting a little ahead of myself... There is only indication of a Red Bull car alongside the existing F2007. But they can't expect us to have 16 car races, consisting of only two different types of F1 car. They could throw in a bunch of fictional cars like in GT3/4... But I don't think they'll do that. Expect at least 4-5 recent F1 cars, and a few classic models too. Similar to what they did with Le Mans prototypes in GT4, a few recent models and a fair few classic cars/past winners.

We know that PD have a close affiliation with certain Japanese manufacturers, including Toyota, Honda and Nissan. Toyota and Honda have ran teams in F1 for years (Although, not anymore). Nissan are closely linked with Renault, and Renault have been in the sport for many years also. Really makes you think, we could have almost an entire lineup from 2007-2008.

The Red Bull F1 car from 2010 will not be in GT5, nor will any other F1 cars from 2010, or 2009, because Codemasters has the F1 license. I don't think they will have anything else from other years, either. Only thing that might happen is that we would be able to use the Technology Centre in GT5 to fool around with our cars, like straight line tests on that drag strip there, or maybe, testing the car's aerodynamics, using the wind tunnel of course, although the windtunnel may only be there for show.

But do you know the details of Codemasters' license with F1?

Codemasters may only have the exclusive 3rd party rights for F1 games. If this is the case then GT5 will be able to include F1 cars. Similar to how 2K Sports has the exclusive 3rd party rights for MLB games. But Sony is still able to develop "MLB The Show" since it's a first party game.

In the E3 trailer it shows Kaz sitting down talking to Adrian Newey. What do you think they were talking about? I'm not saying you're wrong, but we have no way of knowing the details of the license between F1 and Codemasters.

But do you know the details of Codemasters' license with F1?

You have a fair point. But we are going on the assumption that PD has not made any deal with Bernie Ecclestone. In which case, they can't touch any 2009 or 2010 car. I do not think Codemasters have been given the right to sell on sub-licences, like the deal Porsche have with EA, I don't think Bernie is stupid enough to accept such a deal.

...Does anyone have an Email address for Bernie? :D We can ask if PD have approached him.

You have a fair point. But we are going on the assumption that PD has not made any deal with Bernie Ecclestone. In which case, they can't touch any 2009 or 2010 car. I do not think Codemasters have been given the right to sell on sub-licences, like the deal Porsche have with EA, I don't think Bernie is stupid enough to accept such a deal.

...Does anyone have an Email address for Bernie? :D We can ask if PD have approached him.

If Codemasters only have third party exclusive rights like I was saying, then they (Codemasters) don't have to sell a sub-license to PD for them to use F1 cars in GT5.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. 👍

I'm curious as to the involvement of Newey and Vettel. From the sounds of things, Vettel is lending his voice to introduce the circuits, kind of like what Nicky Grist used to do in the Colin McRae Rally games. I'm guessing Newey is some kind of technical director to the PD team, but I'm guessing he may take on a similar role to Vettel and have some kind of in-game tutorial on setting the car up.

I'm curious as to the involvement of Newey and Vettel. From the sounds of things, Vettel is lending his voice to introduce the circuits, kind of like what Nicky Grist used to do in the Colin McRae Rally games. I'm guessing Newey is some kind of technical director to the PD team, but I'm guessing he may take on a similar role to Vettel and have some kind of in-game tutorial on setting the car up.

Those seem plausible :) And I welcome them. I don't want Jay Leno... or... who was the UK one again? Vicky Butler-Henderson from Fifth Gear was it?

A real racer, at the top level of motorsport. A real race/technical engineer, at the top level of motorsport. Ingame voices and instructions/information from them would be excellent.

Anyone know what that thing was at the very end of the video? Looked too small to be a wind tunnel... but I wouldn't know. There was something in it...

Does anyone think PD had anything to do with the Red Bull simulator we've been seeing Mark Webber and Sebastien Buemi using?

I hate PD. The more they reveal about the game, the more we find they are concealing. I guess we'll never be certain until the game is in our console.

A real racer, at the top level of motorsport. A real race/technical engineer, at the top level of motorsport. Ingame voices and instructions/information from them would be excellent.

Anyone know what that thing was at the very end of the video? Looked too small to be a wind tunnel... but I wouldn't know. There was something in it...

Does anyone think PD had anything to do with the Red Bull simulator we've been seeing Mark Webber and Sebastien Buemi using?

Agreed, Interlude's theory sounds plausible, but could we get someone more interesting sounding than Vettel? Coulthard or Webber would be great.

End of the video was what looks like an autoclave, which can be used to cure composite parts.

The Red Bull Simulator is running rFactor Pro. I did wonder for a second if PD were perhaps working on a new simulator for RBR, but not sure how the physics might compare. Unlikely as it is, Kaz has said the physics in GT5 will be up there with top PC sims though, so you never know.

That's exactly what I was thinking....scary...I mean, it is the RBR Tech center???? Maybe premium??? Nah, never gonna happen. Although.....'The revolution????

In the trailer, I thought I saw Adrian Newey skteching whilst taking to Kaz, then it goes on to show manufacturing. It would be interesting if he helped design a new Formula Polyphony and they made a full size model/concept to promote the game.

Why else would they show the Red Bull technology centre in GT5 (Photomode location)

Why would they show interview/discussion with Sebastien Vettel and Adrian Newey in the E3 trailer. They are both affiliated with the RBR F1 team (Affiliated, being an understatement). Why else would they do that?

In the end, it's just your wishes.
Vettel is in the game doing all the things Jay Leno did in GTPSP, from the things he was saying in the video. Newey was helping PD with technical aspects among other things. That's why they were in the videos. It also shows that PD had outside help from pro racers and well respected people in the industry. I don't think it means that automatically F1 is in the game. What it looks like to me is that KAZ saw the building and knew that it had to be in the game as a photo location. It's a great looking building.

I noticed a whole lot of F1 cars in the GT Vision video on Monaco but it's hard to tell if they were PD created cars or real F1 cars. They look like real cars to me.

I think it may be the oven that the teams use to bake their chassis in.

I don't think so - Ferrari have an almost identical one.

No, its rFactor Pro.

btw, I just had a thought. Maybe Adrian Newey wasn't telling them about a Red Bull F1 car, but a McLaren one (he used to work there, for those who don't follow F1) as well as, or instead of a Red Bull one. One of the late 1990s McLaren F1 cars would be a great addition.

maybe these are sneak peaks of a more close approach for f1 racing on GT5, unofficially and maybe not making it FIA licensed of course but seeing it like the super championship series that feature f1 race championship back on GT4

btw, I just had a thought. Maybe Adrian Newey wasn't telling them about a Red Bull F1 car, but a McLaren one (he used to work there, for those who don't follow F1) as well as, or instead of a Red Bull one. One of the late 1990s McLaren F1 cars would be a great addition.
If you watch the trailer, Newey is listed as "Chief Technical Officer". My guess is that he's been brought on-board as a consultant to aid the team in the nuances of the physics engine.

Doesn´t make sense, why not go to Mclaren instead if your working on a Mclaren.

Atleast one Red Bull F1 car will be in the game no doubt whatsoever.

Newey designed these McLarens, there wouldn't be many better people to talk to if my hairbrained theory has any merit
And if Newey isn't specifically referring the the McLaren F1 road cars, but is actually talking about racing cars in general, there's still few who would be better.

Just to be 'on topic' :)

gt5rb.jpg

There's no reason why an '09 RedBull RB5 would not be able to appear in GT5 provided there is no use of the words Formula 1, F1 and so on. It's a 'RedBull' liscenced product rather than an 'F1' liscenced product.
I cant see why they would put that Vettel and Adrian Newey teaser at the end of such an important trailer if they were just doing voice-overs and providing a little bit of tech input.

The only thing is im not sure what sort of deal codemasters have, i know trhey will have all the cars and tracks, but is the indivdual car license open to others as long as you don't have all the F1 tracks and mention the word F1. Now i think that it may be possible to get 2009 and hopefuly 2010 cars as long as you do them off the teams individualy and don't mention f1 so what do you guys think?

I don't think Bernie Ecclestone would be happy if a second developer acquired the entire grid of cars without actually mentioning F1. It's likely that the Codemasters contract guarantees exclusivity.
There's no reason why an '09 RedBull RB5 would not be able to appear in GT5
Codies have the 2009 licence - they released F1 2009 on the Wii.

I just watched the E3 trailer again and you can clearly hear Vettel saying "...can easily reach 400 km/h on a straightaway..." Thats got to be the biggest F1 hint going!

Oh yea, sorry got my maths a bit mixed up then.

Hmmm... It could be some sort of no rules concept car by Adrian Newey, you see him drawing somthing and then that dark shape in the carbon fibre oven after the door closes.

That's a good point actually, what if GT5 has got some RBR F1 concept cars?

I assume concept cars would be exempt from the F1 license that Codies have?

The only cars Codies has is the 2010 cars.

Back