Red Bull Racing and F1 in GT5?

The F1 0caught me by suprise I must say. With all the ties PD has with Red Bull, you can expect a RB6 to be in GT5. But be ready to be disappointed. The McLaren is even less likely.

The F10 being in would mean that Ferrari has one in their private collection already. But I thought the FIA had control on cars used during the current and previous season.

The F10 being in would mean that Ferrari has one in their private collection already. But I thought the FIA had control on cars used during the current and previous season.

From what I know is the racing teams have control of their own cars and image rights. Hence why most of them have diverse manufacturers for their scaled models and diecast cars.

However the FIA has only full rights to it's own brand and any logos affiliated to the actual Gran Prix organizers.

I would like to see the Mercedes SLS with safety car livery in the game as well, shame it probabley won't be...

Last edited:
It is the original concept! Too bad no Lamborghini 350GT or 400GT. Or the 70s Countach.
There's still a LOT to be seen from the used car dealership. I doubt any F1 cars are going to show up there though. I'm sticking with just Ferrari's F2007 and F10 in the game.

So how come the F2007 costs more than the F10. Is it better performance wise?

Yes. More downforce -- wider rear wing, more aerodynamic tablets on front wing, nose, bridge, monocoque, etc. The engine may have also been less restricted but I'm not sure.

Yes. More downforce -- wider rear wing, more aerodynamic tablets on front wing, nose, bridge, monocoque, etc. The engine may have also been less restricted but I'm not sure.

Ah okay, i know that the regulations have been toughened up, like no TCS and such, but i didn't expect the older F1 cars to be better performance wise, thank you :)

The F10 has more downforce than the F2007, even the F60 had found most of the downforce back over the 2009 season. Even though they don't allow winglets all over the place, they have found downforce through extreme development of the front wing plates and double diffuser concepts. The engines are exactly the same.
The wider rear wing doesn't produce more or less downforce necessarily, the whole point of the wider front/narrower rear wings was to help air flow behind the car, so less of a wake is produced so cars can follow each other in the corners. It did have the effect of taking away downforce initially as the teams got their heads around this new regulation, but it didn't take long for them to find it back.
I also wouldn't be surprised if the Red Bull RB5 had more downforce from day 1 than the RB4.
Its probably more expensive purely because its older, as I imagine they would also price older F1 cars more expensive due to their prestige and rarity. Just as we see with the Mirua. The F2007 is already a constructors and drivers championship-winning car. The F10 is not (yet).

Sony should put some Gran Turismo 5 logos on the Red Bull or Ferrari cars this weekend in Abu Dhabi, it would give almost unbeatable publicity.

It would be very expensive though, and it might contravene Codemasters' license.

Sony should put some Gran Turismo 5 logos on the Red Bull or Ferrari cars this weekend in Abu Dhabi, it would give almost unbeatable publicity.

I completely agree! I follow F1, and my hopes are shifting from Alonso to Vettel:sly:

Still, even being the prototype, I don't think it'd find a customer willing to pay much more than a million dollars. "Normal" Miuras sell for around $500k.

Its a one and only though..like the XJ13. And such customers do exist...in Dubai.

Its a one and only though..like the XJ13. And such customers do exist...in Dubai.

they exist all over monterey, monaco and wherever jay leno is, too. I'm fairly certain that the XJR-13 would go for somewhere in the range of 10-15 million if it was sold at an RM auction in either monterey or monaco (during their respective collector car-related weeks, of course). 330 P4s often go for between 15-20 million, so a one-off jaguar should go for just about the same

I'm really surprised that Kaz didnt get a RBR F1 car with how close they have worked together on the X1.
I noticed theres Ferrari's 2010 F1 car but not any of the RBR's cars. Strange.

The F10 has more downforce than the F2007, even the F60 had found most of the downforce back over the 2009 season. Even though they don't allow winglets all over the place, they have found downforce through extreme development of the front wing plates and double diffuser concepts. The engines are exactly the same.
The wider rear wing doesn't produce more or less downforce necessarily, the whole point of the wider front/narrower rear wings was to help air flow behind the car, so less of a wake is produced so cars can follow each other in the corners. It did have the effect of taking away downforce initially as the teams got their heads around this new regulation, but it didn't take long for them to find it back.
I also wouldn't be surprised if the Red Bull RB5 had more downforce from day 1 than the RB4.
Its probably more expensive purely because its older, as I imagine they would also price older F1 cars more expensive due to their prestige and rarity. Just as we see with the Mirua. The F2007 is already a constructors and drivers championship-winning car. The F10 is not (yet).

Erm, yes it does. It's fundamental that a narrower wing produces less downforce from the Lift-force equation (less planform area - less lift).

I'm really surprised that Kaz didnt get a RBR F1 car with how close they have worked together on the X1.
I noticed theres Ferrari's 2010 F1 car but not any of the RBR's cars. Strange.

I assume it is a licensing issue since you have F1 2010 and I would think Formula One Management would want it to have as much exclusive content as possible. Only Ferrari has the clout to tell FOM to shove off re: F2007 & F10.

SPOILER ALERT

Congrats to Red Bull Racing and Sebastian Vettel for winning both the Constructors' and Drivers' Championship. :) I'm a McLaren fan but Seb was definitely the best driver in the best car this year...

Erm, yes it does. It's fundamental that a narrower wing produces less downforce from the Lift-force equation (less planform area - less lift).

Not if its fed differently combined with a better diffuser. ;)
The point is, the F10 is better than F2007 aerodynamically, just changing the size of the rear wing doesn't mean other parts haven't been refined to make up for this.
Apparently most teams are saying their 2011 cars already have the same level of downforce as their 2010 cars despite the loss of double-deck diffusers.

I'm a McLaren fan but Seb was definitely the best driver in the best car this year...

How dare you be a Mclaren fan:crazy: First I was with Massa, but then I noticed Alonso was way better:idea:. Then I saw Vettel get millions of poles and now I'm with him (his involvement in the X1 could've been part of that too:sly:)
P.S. I know Mclaren's good, but Red Bull's better:P

Back