Red Bull Racing and F1 in GT5?

Told ya so........

All I'll say at this point is wait and see, what you think you understand about the F1 licence is not true.
PD can licence current F1 cars from the teams themselves, the F1 licence only covers the exclusive usage of the terms "F1" and "Formula 1", the licence also covers cars and tracks but those aren't exclusive as the cars are not copyright of the FOM or FIA.

The whole idea of FOM having rights over the previous season's cars too is flawed - how did PD get the F2007 then in 2008?

:P :D

Bumped because I saw what appeared to be the Ferrari F10 in the intro... wow. Didn't expect to see this year's car with the licensing to Codies.

What are the chances of us seeing the MP4-25 or RB6 ???

I dont know what are the chances but it will be like a dream.
Great hopes now. F10 is in the game, good relationship with Red Bull...just hope.

54ehsg.jpg

Awesome. Just hope we get more F1 cars such as the current Red Bull car.

I'm guessing with Poly's seemingly strong relationship with Red Bull, we can expect to see the RB6 (flexiwings and all) to be included. My main hope is the MP4-25, however slow it is on-track.

Wouldn't it be sweet if they included the FW flex on the RB6?

sunjeev......

where did you get that screenshot from....because that is NOT from the gt5 intro movie that is on youtube!

Why would you post such a blurry image??

OH and YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH the f10 is in GT5!!!! I hope the tyre and aerodynamic models are good enough for the F10 to be a realistic simulation! And produce some good online racing!

Last edited:
Told ya so........

:P :D

Right on. So I suppose a developer can make a racing game with all of 2010's cars (assuming all the teams were willing to cooperate) as long as it doesn't have all the "F1" names and trademarks?

What did Codies pay for? The right to make it THE official F1 game?

Right on. So I suppose a developer can make a racing game with all of 2010's cars (assuming all the teams were willing to cooperate) as long as it doesn't have all the "F1" names and trademarks?

They get to make a F1 game, not "Very fast racing cars you might recognise 2010" :P

With all the rules, drivers etc etc.

Like I said, Codies get easy access to the cars, tracks, rules, etc. But not "exclusive" access. Basically, all the teams allow the FOM to sell the F1 license which includes their cars but the FOM can't stop the F1 teams going to other developers with their cars.
The crux of the issue is basically the words "F1", "Formula 1", "Formula 1 World Championship" are all exclusive copyrights. So PD can make their own "Formula Championship" with all the 2010 cars just as long as it doesn't include "F1" in the title. Of course, PD still would have to obtain each individual license from each team, which can be denied.
I don't think PD would dare do that anyway, because even though its legal, its dodgy territory. Its much easier and more straightforward to obtain the F1 license themselves, which itself may not be exclusive to Codies (though it probably is).

But as we see here, no harm obtaining one or two F1 cars.

54ehsg.jpg

Awesome. Just hope we get more F1 cars such as the current Red Bull car.

It is impossible to tell whether this is the F60 or F10. Remember, Alonso took a F60 chassis with Santander livery out at Paul Ricard earlier this year, before the F10 got launched, for an commercial.

The FW looks exactly like the FW of the F60, but it should be mentioned, that Ferrari used the same FW for the F10 till the European GP.

I guess it is the F60 because its one year older and PD could only have started to model the F10 since march.

Edit:
I mean this car:
alonso-driver-santander-livery-ferrari-f60-at-paul-ricard-15679_1.jpg

It is impossible to tell whether this is the F60 or F10. Remember, Alonso took a F60 chassis with Santander livery out at Paul Ricard earlier this year, before the F10 got launched, for an commercial.

The FW looks exactly like the FW of the F60, but it should be mentioned, that Ferrari used the same FW for the F10 till the European GP.

I guess it is the F60 because its one year older and PD could only have started to model the F10 since march.

I think it is the F10, seeing how the nose of the F10 is sort of bowl-shaped, while the F60 nose is completely plain and polished, in a descending way.

tumblr_kwyouvChSU1qaqnz9o1_500.jpg

I hope you understand me.

It's the F10, the one in the video has a "7"(Massa's current number) on it, Ferrari had 3 & 4 in 2009.

I know what you mean, but this type of nose was also tested with the F60 during last years European GP IIRC.

Edit:
Ok, then its the F10 :)

BTW: Its just me or does the X1 Sound like a old V10 F1 car?

Last edited:
You can tell its the F10 because of the shape of the top of the side pods, and also the winglets on the front wing have end plates on the inside edge which the F60 never had.

The fact that the F10 is in GT5 just shows what a mess the F1 license is. Codemasters was only allowed to include the 2010 cars in F1 2010 because of that license. PD on the other hand can seemingly pick any car they want to include in GT5 as long as they get manufacturers to agree to it.

Latest Posts

Back