Red Bull X2014 Standard Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 175 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Red Bull X2014 Standard Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit

9brvxEf.jpg

Image courtesy of GRANKUSTOM .. Many Thanks.

Rankings Registration: 23/10/2014 – 06/11/2014, 01:00 GMT/UTC
Period of Availability: 23/10/2014 – 20/11/2014, 01:00 GMT/UTC

Entry Requirements:
Tyres: Racing Hard or less
Cars: Red Bull X2014 Standard
Nitrous: Cannot be Fitted

Prizes:
Gold: Cr. 150,000
Silver: Cr. 70,000
Bronze: Cr. 35,000

Gift(s):
Gold: GT OLD GENERATION 003-W paint chip

Target Time:
Gold: 1:26.000
Silver: 1:29.000
Bronze: 1:35.000

SRF is forced OFF (grayed out) in Driving Options menu.

Course Conditions:
Track: Suzuka Circuit
Track Length: 3.61 miles / 5810 m
Time of day: *
Temp: *
Precipitation: 0%

Tunes:

Tune by matej2547

Tune by nExx (at end of video)

Tune by SW__10

Please post links for applicable tunes so I can update OP.

Last edited:
I did 1:25.363 with a bone stock setting. I haven't drove around a track like suzuka for weeks so my driving wasn't very good. But, at least it was a red bull.

ODB
I sold mine to get cr. for body repairs, and I'm not gonna buy a new one
I did one lap around the track...Barely got bronze. I realized midway thru the lap that I was lifting around corners that I could have just stayed flat to the floor. It's just not a realistic car by any stretch of the imagination. I mean no offense to those that like/love this car. That's cool...we all like different things. I don't know if I'll even go back and try another lap. Probably not.

I did one lap around the track...Barely got bronze. I realized midway thru the lap that I was lifting around corners that I could have just stayed flat to the floor. It's just not a realistic car by any stretch of the imagination. I mean no offense to those that like/love this car. That's cool...we all like different things. I don't know if I'll even go back and try another lap. Probably not.
How do you know its impossible? Theres nothing to go on in any way- possible or impossible ;) The closest thing we have to compare is F1 which is a 'lesser formula' by the RB X-Car standards.

Worst seasonal in a while for me. I'll try but doubt I'll improve on a Bronze. I can deal with the FGT and Lotus just fine but the Red Bull cars...nope, not with my DS3 anyway.

EDIT: I don't have 3MM to spare and even if I did, it's going towards some expensive classic :)

Last edited:
ODB
I sold mine to get cr. for body repairs, and I'm not gonna buy a new one

I wasn't aware you could sell the X2014 Std. As I'm not near my ps3 at the moment, can anyone tell me how many credits you receive for selling it?

Definitely trying this one out tomorrow. Going stock for the first lap, then I'm gonna wait for tunes.

Hah... I came here looking for tunes.

I'll have one this afternoon eastern standard time. I think it will just take a little aero tweaking in the front and some diff. adjustments

Got Gold and a respectable time. What a frantic event :eek:

How any one could really enjoy this manic event is beyond me :crazy:

Each to their own I know, but really this is so hard on the eyes and arms . I just don't see how people like Beau etc can be so precise and fluent at such breakneck speeds :bowdown:
:cheers:

@ODB This is going to be the most expensive paint chip ever...also sold my Redbull Standard, but kept the Fancar....so Cr. 3 000 000 minus the profit equalls....

A hell, lets leave the math an just go and drive fast :banghead:

How do you know its impossible? Theres nothing to go on in any way- possible or impossible ;) The closest thing we have to compare is F1 which is a 'lesser formula' by the RB X-Car standards.

Simple really safety standards would never allow it, they keep slowing down current cars because they are getting to quick for the drivers so the car is pure fantasy unless someone makes a track with huge runoffs & no spectators anywhere near it.

Here's my lap, good tip is to avoid hitting walls and those grey areas are damn slippery AVOID THEM!! Also hit the jump, it's important for speed!!! Wuhuu, and you get more energy from the pit, how great was this TT WOW :lol: :lol: out from this world yeah!!

(such sweet memories :D)

Last edited:
ODB
Here's my lap, good tip is to avoid hitting walls and those grey areas are damn slippery AVOID THEM!! Also hit the jump, it's important for speed!!! Wuhuu, and you get more energy from the pit, how great was this TT WOW :lol: :lol: out from this world yeah!!

(such sweet memories :D)

Graphics are a bit rubbish, but the AI is better than GT6.

@ODB This is going to be the most expensive paint chip ever...also sold my Redbull Standard, but kept the Fancar....so Cr. 3 000 000 minus the profit equalls....

A hell, lets leave the math an just go and drive fast :banghead:

Eina! Why'd you sell it man? It's my go to grinder at the RB event - Trial Mt - 240k in 3 min... (Go make your credits back! :lol: )

Cheers from CT SA... 👍

Gave this a try got 1:23.8 with ds3, which is good for 544 for now gonna wait and see how far I drop. There is two sections I know I can go faster.

Simple really safety standards would never allow it, they keep slowing down current cars because they are getting to quick for the drivers so the car is pure fantasy unless someone makes a track with huge runoffs & no spectators anywhere near it.
Just because it may not be safe, and will probably never be produced due to safety regs, does not make it impossible.

Back