Red Bull X2014 Standard Super Lap: Suzuka Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 175 comments
1:25.403 on this tune.

Im usually not a fan of 0 camber tunes, but because this is a bullshhh car, then i will use a 0 camber tune. LOL!

I think the gearbox tuning made the biggest difference, being able to stay flat in 6th through the S's, then carry 7th through Degner 1, and 5th through Degner 2 made the biggest time savings. Though, i wish the gear was a little shorter in first and second though. I feel like i left about .1 to .2 on the table coming out of the hairpin. Oh well, i got Gold, thats all i care about, heh. Thanks man.

Glad you liked the tune.

Keep pushing with it. It got me a 1:18 earlier today :).

Great job @Bandy13 :cheers:

Glad you liked the tune.

Keep pushing with it. It got me a 1:18 earlier today :).

Great job @Bandy13 :cheers:

Yeah, im no leader board hunter, i just like to get gold, and call it a day. I know for a fact i could get at least another .6 to .7 out of it. But i dont feel like digging out my wheel, and the event just isnt fun to me. So i will be perfectly content with gold, and call it a day. :)

switched from auto to manual got 1:21.9 sitting at 282, there may be a little more but I think that about it for the stock for me.

Here's my quick tune for the Red Bull:

suspension: everything on maximum except camber 0 0 and toe stock
brakes: stock
gears: stock
LSD: 5 5 5
downforce: stock
+oil change +rigidity improvement (not sure if this helps)

Currently on 1:18:6 but I see a few more tenths with this.

First clean lap using this tune was 1:24.5 but enough for me to be ahead of my PSN friends. Thank you sir!

I don't particularly like this car, being a geezer of 62 the old reflexes are slower than when i was 20.
No playstations in them days, but thanks to sw_10 i did it easily. what a great tune that is, probably going to have another go at it now and it's all sw_10s fault for making the car driveable. :):):):cheers::):):)

Has the chip come up already? I know there's a list somewhere but I'm too tired to recall where it is. If not, I'm out of luck as I sold the car immediately after winning it and have no interest whatsoever in buying it again only to sell it again. :lol:

Found the thread, don't have the chip. Meh...it's just a dark green and I already have plenty of those.

Last edited:
Yeah I could swear there was a thread a while back with just a simple list, but I found the list by weeding through that one. Thanks for the thought and effort to post, though.

If anyone is interested this is the tune I've been using.
It's quick & dirty! Gets the job done! :dopey:

Red Bull X2014 Standard @ Suzuka

Oil change & Body Rigidity Improvement.

50/50
27.63/32.47
7/7
7/7
5/5
0/0
0/0.55

Brakes 8/8

Trans

FG: 4450
Max speed 186mph (min)
1:5.342
2:3.831
3:3.030
4:2.488
5:2.110
6:1.814
7:1.552
FG: 3500

LSD: 5/7/5

DF: 1375/1725

I hope it helps a few people out 👍

:cheers:

Now I've got to try and learn Sierra! :nervous:....:lol:
Nice tune. Easy gold with the DS3.

Now managed to get a 1:17.477 to put me in 2nd, this tune is epic SW-10! :D

That would and should be 1st...

Brunoblak is a pathetic cheater with his extra wide rear tyres......

Suzuka Circuit.jpg Suzuka Circuit_1.jpg

:indiff: :grumpy:

That would and should be 1st...

Brunoblak is a pathetic cheater with his extra wide rear tyres......

View attachment 245000 View attachment 245001

:indiff: :grumpy:

Wow, ye I checked out his replay before and the lines that he takes don't really seem natural for the normal behaviour of the car. He's also using active steering and abs for driver aids which is pretty strange because the car tends to be faster with those turned off. Makes me feel a little bit better as well lol because I was pretty close to the limit on my lap tbh and to still be 4 tenths behind someone taking those lines and using those aids never really made sense to me. Surely we need to report this guy then, has he done this sort of thing before? Also hacking aero doesn't give you a great advantage because of the straight line deficit and finding good balance is tricky, wider tyres definitely will help though!

Got this relatively quickly but oh man - this and Zahara will be some short leaderboards.

For those who struggle try this : lower the power to 550hp and do several laps to get used to the car unreal downforce.

Then gradually or in one step increase the power back to 100%.

I told myself I wasn't going to go back into this Seasonal Event, but then I was bothered by the fact that I wouldn't have a Gold Medal all because I don't like this car at all. So, I went back in and did about 7 laps. A few DQs and then I finally broke gold with 1:24.880. :rolleyes:

I can't stand seeing that pathetic cheater in 1st place. Could you imagine being such a loser that you get banned from PSN for cheating and everyone knows you're a cheater, but you come back and continue to cheat? How sad would someone's life have to be to repeatedly do that? Pretty sad, I would think... :lol: :lol:

Back