Red Dead Redemption 1 and Undead Nightmare is coming to Switch and PS4 for $50.

• Thread starter GTboyz
  • 16 comments
50$?

That probably means 70-110 here. With no enhancements either.

Then again it's T2 and they're gonna release GTA 6 with 5+ discs anyway and you're all gonna buy it at 70 bucks (probably going to be 120-150 in Australia) with the entire game being online only and Rockstar goes laughing to the bank

Last edited:
50$?

That probably means 70-110 here. With no enhancements either.

Then again it's T2 and they're gonna release GTA 6 with 5+ discs anyway and you're all gonna buy it at 70 bucks (probably going to be 120-150 in Australia) with the entire game being online only and Rockstar goes laughing to the bank
I'm so mad at the price. If it's a remaster then okay I guess. Even then that is still pushing it.

This is just a damn port, it should have been $20-$30.

Laughable. The Xbox 360 version on the Windows Store (which still has multiplayer) costs $40 now even considering Undead Nightmare has to be bought separately; even if you want to ignore that it's constantly on sale or the literal millions of Game of the Year editions floating around from the 360 years or the fact that you can still buy it new on disc for less than $30 because it was given new print runs and rereleased as an Xbone game.

This is the Switch Tax being dumped on Playstation owners as well.

This very low effort from Rockstar. I was expecting at least a remaster for PS5/XBX. I was excited about that. I had it a long time ago on PS3 and I don't think I ever finished it so I was looking forward to playing it with RDR 2 graphics. $50 for a port no thank you. $25 is the highest I will go. I guess I'll wait a couple of years for the price to go down and if it doesn't oh well

Some remaster would probably turn out bad without Dan Houser onboard, so this is better than nothing if you ask me. Pricing is greed though.

Last edited:
Rockstar went from not being able to put a foot wrong to being awful after Read Dead 2.

I hope GTA 6 actually delivers, never would've questioned it before.

That's what happens when you don't make a misstep for awhile. You get complacent and lazy. Also the CEO of Take Two is definitely out of touch and when I was reading about press conference where it was announced I was thinking how he say something like this with a straight face. He was asked about the price on Xbox and didn't say anything. If I understand correctly playing RDR 1 on backwards compatibility allows for some upgrades that won't be available in this new port. How is that a fair price when you cant be bothered to do anything with it?

We can already play it through emulation. Either xbox or ps3. And for free on top of that. Can't really ask for more other than the remaster we wanted.

Was just about to mention that, recently Digital Foundry made a video about it.
Have to try it sometime.

But charging $50 for a port is just Activision level of scumbaggery!

Last edited:
Back