Red loading clock

You're crazy if you think
I can afford either of these.
Everyone knows the white loading clock on the loading screens, right? Well, I keep getting a RED little clock/ticker. Does anyone know what this means?

Disk won't read. If you clean it and put it back in and wait, it might start again without having to restart the PS2.

^ what Mini said...and dont reset the console or you will lose the data you are loading or saving....my previous GT4 was like this...cleanned it and the disc was scratched...so i have a new GT4

I had the same problem. I took GT4 disc to special place where I can "repair" discs and it is ok. there is not red clock.

I've also seen it be the PS2 getting hotter than it likes to run GT4 at.

I've seen a few games that slow down or crash when the PS2 gets a bit too warm.

I havent had the red clock in years, haha. When I did it was just a case of cleaning the dust off the disk and putting it back in, then continuing with my playing.

I thought it was something really bad. I know my disc in great shape physically, so it must just be dirty. The first time I saw it I thought it looked pretty cool on-screen too. Why do the cool things always turn out bad?!:scared:

Do a search for "disk read error". It could well be a problem with your PS2 that needs surgery. Home surgery if you are handy with a screwdriver; a trip to the shop if you are not.

Red Clock meant autosave to that car if you changed your cars, even if autosave is turned off. :lol: Where the **** did you guys get the other meaning from!?!?!? :dunce:

Do a search for "disk read error". It could well be a problem with your PS2 that needs surgery. Home surgery if you are handy with a screwdriver; a trip to the shop if you are not.

I didn't search it :ouch:

I doubt my PS2 needs surgery though, it plays everything fine, that clock just showed up once. I've played most of the other games since then, and they all go without a hitch.

I'm lucky this PS2 has lived this long. It got yanked off a 5 foot cabinet by its cords by my dog...

Red Clock meant autosave to that car if you changed your cars, even if autosave is turned off. :lol: Where the **** did you guys get the other meaning from!?!?!? :dunce:
If you even looked at that "red autosave image" you would see that it's shaped like a memory card. We are talking about the white spinning disk when loading, that turns red when the PS2 is having trouble reading the disk.

And don't try to go around the swear filter.

Ummmm, no? That's not at all what we're talking about. And the swear filter is in place for a reason. It would be good if you A) knew what you were talking about before you made fun of other people, and B) obeyed the language rules.

Back