"Red Sun" tournament!

• Thread starter gtmaster08
  • 94 comments
United States
Southern Pines
Saber_Leonhart
Cloud Of Advent
Fellow gtplanet fans, lend me your ears! I am gtmaster08 and I have decided to open up the first ever, "Red Sun" tournament! And here is how it works; each round, I will post up a course in the game. And then, you must race on it in time trial mode (In simulation mode of course) and post up your times here! And whomever wins the round will advance to the next one! And as for the competitors, there are only 16 spots availiable. Also, there will also be a loser's bracket to determine who will finish the tournament in 3rd place! And whomever wins in the final match will face me for the true title of...

GTMASTER!

Also, when all 16 spots have filled up, I will post the list of competitors up to see.
So I ask you fellow racers, dramatic voice who among you will take part in this great race?:D
And one more thing; you may enter any car you wish but it has to be either red or yellow!

Last edited:
I would love to be in this tournament, however I am moving tomorrow and will not be up and running until early next week. I do not know your time table, but if I can swing it I will. Also, I have been trying your hard-tuned sweep challenge, I have been getting passed by the NSX on the first turn of SSR5 with my cerbera. Some more tweaking and I know I can do it on SSR11 and AR. Will continue trying and hopefully be able to find time for the tourney. One.

I should be able to take part in this; sound kinda fun. One question though; any limit on power, weight, modifications, etc.?

I'll try to join, but mid-year exams are coming up next week and it lasts for around 2 weeks so I may or may not post any times until after that.

Post the track first and I'll see which car I choose :D But most probably it'll either be the NSX-R LM or GTO LM.

So far, the list of entrants of the Red Sun tournament are...

1. 2thDr
2. ty00123
3. superberkut
4. LeGeNd-1

I will post up any new entrants when they come in, so keep watching!:)

Also, the track for the first round will be in the Grand Valley Speedway [full] so start practicing for the first round and good luck to you all!

LeGeNd-1...I think they want a pic of your car with the time trial time, like right after you completed it...not records you may have set years ago. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

EDIT:
and I'd like to sign up for the tourney also

Well, I set that time then and there, it's not an old record. I find it easier to take picture of the record screen because I only use a crappy camera and it's hard to focus if the picture is moving (as in the case if you took a picture of your time trial lap). Anyway, if you need a picture of the lap with the car I'll just do another lap to prove it (since I never save replays). Beware though, you may get an eyesore picture :lol:.

Also, if you like to sign up just PM gtmaster (or wait for him to appear in this thread), he's the one hosting this tourney after all. But I think you can just post up your time straight away, and gtmaster will sort the entry list afterwards, that wouldn't be a problem I suppose.

Edit: There's also a similar tourney in the GT2 forums section, called "Blue Moon". Figured you might want to join that too ;).

No screenshots, but I did this time:

Grand Valley Speedway
Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray Coupe, 1967

Lap 1- 1:37:747
Lap 2- 1:34:136
Total- 3:11:883

If this is illegitimate, I have another time set with a TVR Cerbera. And, as I did in the Blue Moon tournament, I am ineligible for screenshots...

Here it is then, my new time, Grand Valley Speedway, [R] Dodge Concept Car (yellow), per requested. Sorry for blurriness, but I warned you about that beforehand. Hope it'll be enough and you won't be asking for a vid next :lol:.

BTW, where the HELL is gtmaster? This tourney is going nowhere without him...

P.S. superberkut, is your time set in Arcade? Or did you use GS to hack the Sting Ray into Sim mode?

Did you say Simulation mode?

I set my simulation time with a Cerbera; I gave my arcade time. I didn't see anything that said, "Arcade Mode"... I'll have that time up soon.

Ok now, before I put up some replies to various participants we have a new entrant so here's the new racer list!

1. 2thDr
2. ty00123
3. superberkut
4. LeGeNd-1
5. SL4YER

And in order with the replies, here they are:

to sl4yer: Welcome to the "Red Sun" tournament! And it doesn't matter about the whole times issue, just put something up that shows your time. I hope this clarifies it for you.:)

to superberkut: Nope, what you did was legitimate! So no worries for you!👍 And either time that you had is good.

to LeGeNd-1: Sorry if I hadn't posted anything up until today, I had my exams on thursday & friday! And don't worry; I'm not going anywhere for a good long while!:) Plus, 4 times haven't been posted yet, so I can't advance the round.

I have moved and am getting resettled, yet have limited time still. I may be able to get some times up, yet have a few questions. Is this a non-RM challenge or are RM cars allowed? When is the end date for time postings? Does the car have to be majority red or yellow, all red or yellow, etc...just some more explanation on colors. Thanks.

It looks like it can go either way... there aren't even regulations on what mode the time has to be set in. LeGeNd-1, for instance, used the racing Concept Car (not the original Copperhead), only accessible in simulation mode, while I used the 1967 Chevrolet Corvette (in red) in Arcade Mode to set my time. I believe that the answer is around 20% of the colour, as it is in the Blue Moon tournament, and the tournament can theoretically go on indefinitely; it is limited only in the time that other entrants post their times.

Actually, gtmaster did said you must set your time in Simluation Mode.
...And then, you must race on it in time trial mode (In simulation mode of course) and post up your times here!...
As for the colour, as long as your car has some red or yellow on it, it wouldn't be a problem. Just like the Blue Moon tourney.

best lap 1:28:421

Attachments

• IMG_32832.JPG
    IMG_32832.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 63
I never realized I was this out of practice. :rolleyes: Anyway, here's my time:

Nismo GT-R LM, Grand Valley Speedway

I will have a time posted asap, I played once since my move and my times were slow, give me another session or two, hopefullly tonight, if not you'll get what I have.

Don't worry, looking at how things are going, gtmaster likely won't turn up until maybe after next week :lol:.

That's great!:) Since at least 4 times have been posted up before I advance to the round 2 here are the current rankings;

In first place with a time of 2:52:410, it's LeGeNd-1!
crowd cheers
In second place with 3:01:405, it's SL4YER!
cheers again
In third place with 3:06:883, it's Superberkut!
cheers once more
And in fourth place with 3:17:204, it's ty00123!
crickets chirping

Now then, as for the second round. The track for this round will be the Deep Forest track! So good luck to you all!

Yeah, I thought you'd find that funny! But in all seriousness though, you did okay. Just be sure to practice whenever you can and I'm sure you'll be facing me before you know it! And between you and me, keep a sharp eye out for a mysterious racer that goes by the name, "Shadowracer311"! I heard that he had won many other tournaments and that he's a true pro!

I checked; according to GTPlanet, he does not exist... he has no records.

3rd place in a Cerbera...

He does. He just isn't registered into GTplanet for personal reasons, at least that's what he told me. Anyway, he hasn't said anything in a while because he's not the talkative type. (whispering) he's shy! And also, hey now, at least you came in third and not in last place! Give yourself some credit!:)

Back