"Red Sun" tournament!

• Thread starter gtmaster08
  • 94 comments
And also, hey now, at least you came in third and not in last place! Give yourself some credit!:)

Can I give myself some credit for failing as badly as i did? :lol: (Yes, I take things very light-heartedly.)

Say you came close to a podium to your friends... that car you used is hard to handle.

You can say, "ty00123 finished fourth, while superberkut finished second-last!"

Well, in car terms the Nismo and Cerbera could never keep up with the [R] Concept Car, so don't feel bad superberkut & ty00123. You both did well 👍.

All joking aside, I kinda held up the first round a bit. Therefore, I'm posting my initial time up now. I'm sure I'll be able to beat this, but for now, here's your benchmark. (And I can look and say, "Hey, I'm winning!" :lol:)

Sorry to ruin the party for you ty00123, but here's the new benchmark (you can still say "I'm second!!" though :lol:):

I kinda rushed it, so I think it could be better by 1-2 seconds. But I think it'll be enough.

Thanks, LeGeNd-1... thanks a lot. :sly:

That was only my second run, so I'm sure I could better that. That thing can't beat the [R] Concept Car though, no matter how hard I try. However, I will try and beat superberkut's time... if nothing else, to postpone the inevitable.

I finally had an hour last night to sit and play for the second time post-moving. I have played around with some of the better cars in my garage, Nismo 400, Galant VR4, 95 GTO MR, Viper, some skylines, etc...and I agree with the other 2 racers that the concept car, all yellow, had my record. 1:31:856-1:26:360= 2:58:216. Sorry I am late, I will cont. to find some more time and get back to speed!

My time:

Lap 1- 1'04'122
Lap 2- 59'063
Total- 2'03'185

The Cerbera was a lot of fun to flog around Deep Forest. I may have 2nd or 3rd... but my car has about 200hp less and 200-1100 more pounds than the Concept Car... (I'm not bitter!) what version of the game do you have, LeGeNd-1?

Ok, so far here's the times for the Deep Forest track!

In first place with a time of 2:03:185, it's Superberkut!
crowd cheers
In second place with a time of 2:10:565, it's Shadowracer311!
cheers again

The round will not advance because SL4YER, and 2thDr haven't posted their times up! So for now, the winners of this round can rest up until the next round begins!

Alright. Either way, I still don't doubt your driving abilities. No hard feelings, right?

The Cerbera looks like my best stock choice; the Viper was just too much of a predictable car.

My time posted was for GV, not Deep Forest, still trying to catch up and I will, sorry guys, I'll get some runs in hopefully tonight and get a good post back asap.

To ty00123 & LeGeNd-1: Sorry if I can't see it. Usually the time I'm able to check on your posts is during my break at Summer School at Pinckney Academy. And the website won't let me see any pics. I rarely have any time at home to look on my computer at these times.

I'll type my time up then.
Deep Forest, [R] Concept Car (yellow)
1st lap: 1:00:943
2nd lap: 0:57:474
Total time: 1:58:417
There ya go :)

I'll do the same.

Deep Forest, [R] Nismo GT-R LM

Lap 1: 1:08.991
Lap 2: 1:05.793
Total: 2:14.784

Ok, here are the finishers!

In first place with a time of 1:58:417, it's LeGeNd-1!
In second place with 2:03:185, it's Superberkut!
In third place with 2:10:565, it's Shadowracer311!
In fourth place with a time of 2:14:784, it's ty00123!

Good job racers! The round will not advance, but the next track for round 3 is Trial Mountain! And quick note; the times that you post up for Trial Mountain won't be reported until the second round has advanced!

Good luck to you all!:)👍

Well, that's because he's not registered here. He prefers to remain, anonymous because he thinks that he seems a whole lot cooler if no one knows his true identity. But don't worry; Shadowracer311 isn't a bad guy, I can tell that he just lives for a good challenge!

All I can say is...Weird guy. All for the better though, the more the merrier since we're seriously lacking people in this tourney.

BTW, why can't we post up our times yet? As long as four people have posted their times the round will advance right?

Oh, snap! You're right! I forgot that Shadowracer311 was now a competitor! All right then, in that case the third round will begin! And like I said before, the track this time is Trial Mountain! And a special note: after this race, I will post up the leaderboard in this tournament so far. How it's different than the usual places I put up, it's like this. When the tournament started, everyone started out with 100 points. For every first place win, that person would win 10 points, for a second place win, 8 points, for third place, 6 points, for fourth place, 5 points, and for last place, -5 points. So be sure to check leaderboard when I post it up for every 3 tracks I put up ok?:)

UPDATE:

Shadowracer311's time: 2'44"322

This time was for the Trial Mountain course and he/she used the Cosmo20BTypeE [R], so I just wanted to post this up. And as for his/her time, don't worry about it. After all, all of you are pretty seasoned racers in my eyes!;)

I think I know who he is...

Anyways, I dropped my Cerbera for this one:

Lap 1- 1'19'469
Lap 2- 1'14'168
Total- 2'33'637

Does anybody think the Arcade track is shorter than the Simulation course? I couldn't beat my Arcade time with my modified Cerbera in Simulation...

Alright, here's my time:
[R] Concept Car (yellow) @ Trial Mountain.
1st lap: 1:08:821
2nd lap: 1:03:222
Total time: 2:12:043

Picture:

superberkut: Maybe the reason your arcade time is so fast is that the driving physics is easier (and more unrealistic) in arcade mode. So the same car ends up setting faster times. Or maybe the clock in simulation mode isn't working properly?

Finall had half an hour to throw 2 laps together, not my best but:

DF: 1:01:952-57:530=1:59:482

TM: 1:10:426-1:09:687=2:20:113....yeah I ditched on the 2nd lap

both yellow concept car

I will try harder, yet I saw this post was not moving well right now and figured I'd add one.

Back