"Red Sun" tournament!

• Thread starter gtmaster08
  • 94 comments
You think that Shadowracer311 is me? Well I can honestly say that it's NOT me. After all, why would I want to race in my own tournament? Oh and I will have the current leaderboard up in a few days, so there will be no races until then. Think of it like this; it's like a "Bye day" for you guys!

UPDATE: Ok then, here's the leaderboard!

1st place ranking: LeGeNd-1

2nd place ranking: Superberkut

3rd place ranking: 2thDr & SL4YER

4th place ranking: Shadowracer311

Last place ranking: ty00123

And that will complete the first round! The next round will begin with the track, "Autumn Ring"! And to 2thDr & SL4YER, looks like you two are tied with 3rd place!:)

Was I DQ'ed for time, b/c my times, although entered late, are better than all of super's...really doesn't matter...I did throw together 2 decent laps where I didn't ditch on trial mountain about a week ago...1:10:373-1:05:183=2:15:556. I'll try to get some time in the next round. Peace.

As badly as I don't want to say this, I'll have to remove myself from this tournament. My computer decided to crash on me, and the only way to fix it was to wipe everything clean. This included ePSXe and my copy of GT (I made an ISO image of it just before I lost it). Therefore, I can't keep competing :grumpy:.

As badly as I don't want to say this, I'll have to remove myself from this tournament. My computer decided to crash on me, and the only way to fix it was to wipe everything clean. This included ePSXe and my copy of GT (I made an ISO image of it just before I lost it). Therefore, I can't keep competing :grumpy:.

My condolences.:) Well in that case, I'll just award you the 3rd place trohpy since you DID manage to make it past the first round. After all, at least you had fun right?

To 2thDr: Don't worry; you haven't been disqualified. I don't believe in doing that because I feel that if a racer got disqualified, then they wouldn't have had any fun while racing other people. After all, it's just a game right?

My deepest condolences to you ty00123, I know the feeling of losing a whole game save, as it happened to my GT2 save once. Hope you can fix your computer and get it running again ASAP.

Anyway, the first entry for Autumn Ring:
[R] Concept Car (yellow)
1st lap: 1.00.721
2nd lap: 0.56.168
Total: 1.56.889

Here's Shadowracer311's time for Autumn Ring;

[R] Cosmo20BTypeE
1st lap: 1:01:472
2nd lap: 0:55:223
Total: 1:56:695

Wow LeGeNd-1 whoever this "Shadowracer311" person is, apparently managed to beat your time with a slim margin!:ouch: But don't worry; this was probably just a one time fluke. You'll totally dominate the next track with ease!👍:)

I appreciate the condolences, guys. If I can find a new copy of the game, I know where I can get an already-finished save, and I'll be up and running again.

Sorry Shadowracer (whoever you are), but i don't like settling for second best ;). Here's my revenge :D

1st lap: 0.59.389
2nd lap: 0.55.663
Total: 1.55.052

LeGeNd-1, after this track I will not allow any more "revenge times" because I believe in fair sportsmanship for all competitors. After all, it's like the old saying goes, "You win some, you lose some". Don't let getting into 2nd place affect you! After all, how can you expect me to even call you "gtmaster" if you're going to take cheap shots at your competition? The other racers haven't done it to you, so why would you do it to them? Oh, and how do you like my new avatar?

I know, right? And not to get a little off topic here, but how do I create a match for the website "http://www.smbhq.com/users/sss/frames.htm"? And don't worry; this is the only time I have gone off topic on this tournament. Its just that there have been no recent postings of a time other than you and LeGeNd-1...

Alright, no revenge times from now on. To tell you the truth I can't see any harm in it, I'm not stopping others from posting improved times if they want, so why isn't it allowed? If Shadowracer wanted to better my time tell him to go ahead. Since you've made a rule about it I'll consider this settled though.

Alright, no revenge times from now on. To tell you the truth I can't see any harm in it, I'm not stopping others from posting improved times if they want, so why isn't it allowed? If Shadowracer wanted to better my time tell him to go ahead. Since you've made a rule about it I'll consider this settled though.

Well revenge times normally would be welcome but if there's anything I've learned from watching competitions on TV it's this; revenge only causes bad feelings among the competitors! After all, why do you think people fight in hockey and in football? Makes sense doesn't it? Oh, and the next track is Autumn Ring Mini but until I'm completely sure that 4 times have been posted up, the round won't advance. Oh and as for this track, because he got 3 1st place wins so far, I award LeGeNd-1 with a "bye day"!:)👍 Simply put, he does not have to race on this track and that only 3 times must be posted for this round.

Just the Autumn Ring Mini round. But don't worry; this is just for 1 "Day" in the game. Use this time off to brush up on your skills.:)

Sure you can join!:) After all, I never said anything about late entrants into the tournament! You do know what track we are doing this round right? Oh, and as for the rules please refer to page 3, post #54 of this thread.

I have a bit of MILDLY interesting news, for this track apparently "Shadowracer311" withdrew his/her time for this track due to a bit of "unmentionable business" he/she had to do at the last minute! Mere coincidence? Or is it that there is something else behind this?:boggled: Only time will tell...

Fellow racers, since I will be busy with work for a while I decided to skip to the final track; Special Stage Route 11! And it has a twist; the only car allowed for this race MUST be from Subaru! And also, "Shadowracer311" has decided to withdraw from the tournament!

sinister voice

and the plot thickens...​

I would like to enter so I can dust off my copy of GT.

I am a bit confused on some of the rules though, please correct me if I am wrong -

Red or Yellow Car ( Subaru for this round )
Any & all any mods allowed ?
Set time in Simulation TT mode ?

Thanks.

So does this mean I'm dis-disqualified?

If the colour rule still applies, it kinda counts out racing modification. Except if there's a red/yellow RM that I didn't know of (assuming everyone will use an Impreza)...

Would not the large Yellow Logo that you get after the RM mod count ?

I will have a look after work tonight and see what happens when Race Modding a bunch of Subarus ( collective noun - A Rex of Subarus ? :lol: )

Later.

Well, I decided to RM every Impreza there is in the new car lot. Turns out there's a red RM available. So I used that to set my time.

[R] Impreza Sedan WRX STi Ver. III '96

Lap 1: 1.41.639
Lap 2: 1.36.902
Total: 3.18.541

Fellow racers of gtplanet, the "Red Sun" tournament has finally ended! But get this; the points you've acquired? Useless! Nope, the REAL winner of this tournament will be decided by whomever has the best car with the best paint job! Bearing this in mind, these are the only requirements...

1. The car can't have ANY shades of gray, black or white!
2. It must be the first car you used in race #1 of this tournament! (viperin is excluded from this rule)
3. And lastly, the car must be from one of the companies that has the "Special Model" cars! In other words, if you used a car from TVR, Dodge, Aston Martin, or Chevrolet then you are disqualified!

So to be clear, post up the picture of your car and I will judge who will win! And don't worry; I'm impartial so don't expect me to heavily favor a car(s)

good luck to you all! And as for viperin, you may also enter the last leg of this competition!👍:)

Back