Redbull Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 48 comments
  • 3,188 views

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
Messages
3,024
England
Top Valley, NG5
Is it me getting better or are the last 2 events released today easy.
I managed to gold both the new events ( 8 races in total ) at first go Earning nearly 10 million credits (@200%) and 2 new cars.
 
I agree that they're challenging, but not so challenging it'll have you yelling at your TV and kicking the dog- like the 125 shifter championship for instance. I love it! And the sparks OMG the sparks! And the engine sound of 12 of the things screaming around! I think i've found my next money maker.

(No dogs were kicked during the making of this post or indeed have i ever kicked my own, or anyone else's dog)
 
Maybe too much noise was made about the Goodwood X2010 event being too difficult.

Or maybe PD didn't want to risk people looking for gaps in the barriers and reversing through them again.:D

OR........maybe it's PD's way of attempting to dull down the microtransactions???💡
 
The most challenging things in this second parts are:

- Standard championship: Get the feeling on the car with only 3-laps available (easy for DS3 users as more intuitive, harder for wheel users like me);
- Vettel Challenge X Fan: Try to avoid go out of the track because you can't see it with Vettel in front of you (bumper and cockpit cams).

Plus, for Standard car I feel that it would need 1-2° more on tyres lock, it doesn't even go near to understeer, really bad max steering.
 
GT6_Stigst: 927I816
Is it me getting better or are the last 2 events released today easy.
I managed to gold both the new events ( 8 races in total ) at first go Earning nearly 10 million credits (@200%) and 2 new cars.

Nah, no easy at all, it's just you man... you're far too good for this bro! (jokes) :D

Will let you know when I get home tonight, can't wait! :P
 
Last edited:
I did them on the wheel and did find them easier than GT5, To the point I had caught the rabbit/Vettel before halfway on 1st lap of 2


Anyone know if the Vettel one with underfan on is repeatable ?


Edit : Just done the Spa again on pad and got gold but NO second payout. Also when you get in front watch the nasty ramming bugger, he will shunt you off. LOL
 
Last edited:
You can repeat but won't win anything ;)
It might be easy with a wheel, but most people probably use a DS3, and with it is more challenging. Haven't done Suzuka yet with the DS3
 
You can repeat but won't win anything ;)
It might be easy with a wheel, but most people probably use a DS3, and with it is more challenging. Haven't done Suzuka yet with the DS3

Its just as easy on pad.
 
I thought it was kinda easy. I did them with a controller. Some races I had a little bit of trouble with the AI trying to knock me off the road. But other than that it was easy. Has anybody noticed that the fan car don't have the spunk as the 2011 has.
 
@draggerlane it's easier to drive with a controller, that's for sure. As for all round spunkyness, best i could manage in GT5 with the fan car in the Vettel challenges was silver, but mostly bronzes. This time i got all gold first attempt with the exception of Sukuka which took me about 3 or 4 attempts. If it has lost a bit of spunk then i'm glad. At least it means i can drive the X cars now. The 2011 version is just too damn much for me. If i had a wheel my opinion would probably be the same as yours though.
 
Cool, managed to do two seconds bellow par on suzuka. All gold now, but took me about an hour.
 
Or maybe PD didn't want to risk people looking for gaps in the barriers and reversing through them again.:D



Where did people do this? Was this in GT5?
That is pretty funny.
 
I have been enjoying watching the A.I. spin EACH OTHER out and smacking into walls. :)
 
Well, I have just tried the first championship using a DS3 and I have found it to be beyond impossible. Even with controller sensitivity set to -2, I just can't cope with how it suddenly changes steering angle through corners. All those who found it easy are clearly far superior drivers to me. Congrats to all those who have done them...for me I have attempted and failed and won't be trying again as no amount of practice will get me any good on these. It's just another disappointing day for me and GT6 as, while I golded the new seasonals, I didn't enjoy the cars one bit.
 
Well, I have just tried the first championship using a DS3 and I have found it to be beyond impossible. Even with controller sensitivity set to -2, I just can't cope with how it suddenly changes steering angle through corners. All those who found it easy are clearly far superior drivers to me. Congrats to all those who have done them...for me I have attempted and failed and won't be trying again as no amount of practice will get me any good on these. It's just another disappointing day for me and GT6 as, while I golded the new seasonals, I didn't enjoy the cars one bit.
As long as you can finish in the top 5 you can grind for credits pretty quickly. I myself have not been able to finish in anything but 4-5 place.
 
As long as you can finish in the top 5 you can grind for credits pretty quickly. I myself have not been able to finish in anything but 4-5 place.

I could only get in the top 5 for one and that was Silverstone thanks to it's shortcuts. I just don't have the patience or reactions for that event. And when I grind for credits I prefer something I enjoy whereas that event is not in any way enjoyable
 
Well, I have just tried the first championship using a DS3 and I have found it to be beyond impossible. Even with controller sensitivity set to -2, I just can't cope with how it suddenly changes steering angle through corners. All those who found it easy are clearly far superior drivers to me. Congrats to all those who have done them...for me I have attempted and failed and won't be trying again as no amount of practice will get me any good on these. It's just another disappointing day for me and GT6 as, while I golded the new seasonals, I didn't enjoy the cars one bit.


Pretty much exact same experience for me. (golded the Vette, bronzed the Mercedes, was in a rush to try the Red Bull, so just left the Mercedes till later)

I only brought the controller sensitivity to +2 though. Will try lower tomorrow. Need to take a break, my eyes are burning. I have a less then week old G27 that I never tried on these because I'm still getting used to that and figured I would be worse than the DS3. Going to try the wheel tomorrow on this as well.

Have all day tomorrow. My real car battery is dead, hood frozen solid (its -750 degrees here) so have all day to beat this Red Bull.....or have a stroke, whichever comes first.
 
I'm weird, but I didn't want to try the X Championship until it was completely available.

I managed to gold most of the Kart Races on the first try, but in the Junior races, I could only crack the top 3 twice! In the first race I couldn't get out of second to last. Looks like I've got a lot of practice to do with learning these cars.
 
wasnt really a challenge i always overtook "vettel" in the first 3 curves aswell
the only part that pissed me off was vettel hitting my rear all the time, one time so hard it spun me out but since it isnt a "championship" i just restarted.
in monza vettel even spun out infront of me hahahaha

the standart was more irritating for me cause i had no idea how the car behaves as i drive with a g25 but once i had a feel for it it was easy, the last guy was always the fastet but doable.
 
i had vettel spin out on suzuka at the esses on the second lap.

wheres that multi 21 now? (im a bit of a webber fan) lol
 
i had vettel spin out on suzuka at the esses on the second lap.

wheres that multi 21 now? (im a bit of a webber fan) lol
That was by far, my favourite post race, pre podium room footage. Mark almost burned a hole through Seb with his eyes.

I still love Seb, can't hate greatness.
 
The events a cash register with the bonus. I wonder if anyone spent the $73 on the 7mil cr . If so they must feel cheated now.
 
Im surprised that the Vettel X Challenge is easier (golded all in 1hr) than the standard championship (damn you Apricot Hill! :banghead:). Golded all the updates now. Just set the steering sensitivity to 7 to lessen the understeer when turning in low speed for both challenges and in the standard car championship, you can change the tires to racing soft. DS3 user BTW. And remember guys. Driving is fun. :dopey:
 
Im surprised that the Vettel X Challenge is easier (golded all in 1hr) than the standard championship (damn you Apricot Hill! :banghead:). Golded all the updates now. Just set the steering sensitivity to 7 to lessen the understeer when turning in low speed for both challenges and in the standard car championship, you can change the tires to racing soft. DS3 user BTW. And remember guys. Driving is fun. :dopey:
Once those tyres are changed to soft it was a hell of a lot easier.
 
Im surprised that the Vettel X Challenge is easier (golded all in 1hr) than the standard championship (damn you Apricot Hill! :banghead:). Golded all the updates now. Just set the steering sensitivity to 7 to lessen the understeer when turning in low speed for both challenges and in the standard car championship, you can change the tires to racing soft. DS3 user BTW. And remember guys. Driving is fun. :dopey:


dont talk to me about 🤬 apricot hill..... :grumpy:
 
Back