Redbull Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 48 comments
  • 3,188 views
Well, I have just tried the first championship using a DS3 and I have found it to be beyond impossible. Even with controller sensitivity set to -2, I just can't cope with how it suddenly changes steering angle through corners. All those who found it easy are clearly far superior drivers to me. Congrats to all those who have done them...for me I have attempted and failed and won't be trying again as no amount of practice will get me any good on these. It's just another disappointing day for me and GT6 as, while I golded the new seasonals, I didn't enjoy the cars one bit.
Wow. I can't beat second place in Shifter Carts (GTArena), but somehow I silvered all the Vettel challenges on first try. The x2014 standard was harder (especially Apricot Hill for some reason), but I golded the standards after an hour. I have two vettels left to gold, but I might never get the shifting carts.
 
PMSL at myself Didn't realise you could change tyres in these events.
I found Apricot hill easy but I do race that curcuit a lot online, great track especially night time.
 
I've still not finished everything but I began yesterday and it seems feasible.

The championship was a bit complicated. I saw that soft tires were allowed so I didn't even try with the hard one...
During my first attempt, I finished 4th at Silverstone, 7th at Trial Montain, 12th at Aprico Hill (stupid 2nd turn...), 3rd at Fuji and then 1st at Nurburgring. The problem was that I tend to make some mistakes and that the car is not very forggiving (I you go out of the track you lose a huge amount of time). Also, the car has a surprising behaviour in some long curves, sometimes you think it will be OK but the car is deported out of the track (while you think you already managed to pass some equivalent turns with an higher speed and without problem, strange...). It is probably because it does not have a fan included.

On 2nd attempt I managed to win the championship : 1st at Silverstone, 1st at Trial Montain, 5th at Aprico Hill (still did some mistakes...), 1st at Fuji and 1st at Nurburgring. Then I had to retry Aprico Hill many and many times before being able to win (in my last attempt, I managed to reach 1st place at the end of the first lap, I was really in the rythme). It is mainly a question of anticipation.

The Vettel challenge, I began with SPA to have an idea of the difficulty (Monza might not be representative). I was a bit disappointed to see that you can use shortcuts, but I avoid to cheat (but sometimes I take the advantage of not having my race ended by leaving the track, it's like you can take more risk because your errors are not always punished). I managed to get Silver and almost Gold after a few attempts (2'50"7) which I found surprising because my laps were not perfect at all. But still, after a lot of retry, I didn't manage to make it. It is all about getting a good pace without making error, but Vettel sometimes ruins your race since you have to take risks to overtake him, and then when you succeed to make it he hits you from behind (never saw a AI so stupid...).

I will retry today, I hope I will be more lucky....
 
I found an easy way to win the standard x2014 championship. There are 5 races in series i found the Apricot Hill is the hardest to gold but the other 4 races are easier to get first. In the first race in Silverstone when you got in first, block the default winning A.I. (always first, and remember the name) until the other cars pass you and the A.I.. Make the A.I. at least in 4th place. Then just chase the other cars and gold the Silverstone Race. I noticed that in every race in GT6 the A.I. in first position is always the fastest and the others are just fill ins so you can easily catch up. The purpose of this is to secure you the championship because its most likely that you will lose the Apricot or the Fuji races. You should at least be in 2nd place in Apricot and Fuji races and gold the other 3 races since the other 3 are easier to gold specially the Nurb. And to make things easier just up the sensitivity to 7 so you don't understeer and put soft tires. I think this blocking the A.I. technique can also be used in the Karts Races. Always block the A.I. in the first race so you can just restart if you fail.
 
Say that to Vettel. He said that not me! L:DL
Yeah i had to laugh at the way he said that. Like it's some kind of golden nugget of inside information or something. "Driving is fun" - well thanks Seb, i'd totally forgotten. :lol:
 
I found an easy way to win the standard x2014 championship. There are 5 races in series i found the Apricot Hill is the hardest to gold but the other 4 races are easier to get first. In the first race in Silverstone when you got in first, block the default winning A.I. (always first, and remember the name) until the other cars pass you and the A.I.. Make the A.I. at least in 4th place. Then just chase the other cars and gold the Silverstone Race. I noticed that in every race in GT6 the A.I. in first position is always the fastest and the others are just fill ins so you can easily catch up. The purpose of this is to secure you the championship because its most likely that you will lose the Apricot or the Fuji races. You should at least be in 2nd place in Apricot and Fuji races and gold the other 3 races since the other 3 are easier to gold specially the Nurb. And to make things easier just up the sensitivity to 7 so you don't understeer and put soft tires. I think this blocking the A.I. technique can also be used in the Karts Races. Always block the A.I. in the first race so you can just restart if you fail.

I was in the lead with a 10 seconds cap on Apricot Hill. IMO race #5 was much more difficult to win (without shortcuts).

But good strategy on securing the Championship. 👍
 
I was in the lead with a 10 seconds cap on Apricot Hill. IMO race #5 was much more difficult to win (without shortcuts).

But good strategy on securing the Championship. 👍
10 sec gap? :bowdown:
I said that the 5th race is easier because you can get in 1st in the 1st turn with or without cutting. From there its homerun, easy gold. My new grinding race.

Thanks, it always work.
 
:bowdown:
I said that the 5th race is easier because you can get in 1st in the 1st turn with or without cutting. From there its homerun, easy gold. My new grinding race.

Thanks, it always work.

I had to restart that race about 10 times...always ran off the track somewhere...
At the first corner I always ended up place 5 or so.
But happy I got passed it, might never look at those RB's again ahhaha
 
Yeah i had to laugh at the way he said that. Like it's some kind of golden nugget of inside information or something. "Driving is fun" - well thanks Seb, i'd totally forgotten. :lol:
Me too! I bet this will be a meme for Vettel. :dopey:
 
I had to restart that race about 10 times...always ran off the track somewhere...
At the first corner I always ended up place 5 or so.
But happy I got passed it, might never look at those RB's again ahhaha
I use the 1st place car as cushion when turning in that 1st turn. I always end up in 1st doing that. :D
 
I use the 1st place car as cushion when turning in that 1st turn. I always end up in 1st doing that. :D

Might take another shot at it...one day!

And yes, 10 seconds gap, after lap 1 I was in the lead with 3.2 sec, then stable to the finish line, collecing a ~3 seconds per lap.
I was kinda surprised as I read on GTP many people struggling with it.
 
Well I gave this a quick shot yesterday and did the first 2 races. I thought it would be a lot harder. I'm sure the next races will be more challenging for me, but yeah. Came in 4th at Silverstone (I hate that track and it took me the first 2 laps to get the hang of the car), but then I easily took the win at Trial Mountain. Even after screwing up at the beginning of Lap 2, I ended up with a 5 second lead at the checkered.

I also didn't feel like I was gonna have an aneurism, so it seems my stress levels have been less than with the RedBull 125 Shifter races.
 
I managed to get the Gold at Spa, and then Suzuka and Monza. It was not really hard, not really easy either, all about completing 2 correct laps...

I've now 100% completed the game, I'm only missing the distance Trophy to get the platinum one...
 
Maybe too much noise was made about the Goodwood X2010 event being too difficult.

i got gold on my first clean run. Some things require practice, people shouldn't expect to get gold on the first try just because they did it in another slower, more docile car.
 
All were surprisingly easy, especially the fan car challenges. The Vettel challenge in GT5 was a lot harder to get gold on, I got gold on all 3 of the fan car challenges first time by several seconds - I even completely binned it at Suzuka and still had 3 seconds to spare.
 
Well, after my issues yesterday and figuring I had been too annoyed before I tried the championship, I decided to try again today. I set controller sensitivity to 7, TCS to 1 and ran all the events separately to start with. I will admit I used every shortcut available but still managed to win Nurb and Deep Forest on the first attempts and Fuji and Apricot both took two attempts due to mistakes. Then decided to do the championship and won every race. It was easier than I expected but not easy...my arms are still shaking from the effort it took lol.

Next up is the Vettel challenges but that is for another day as I am now too tired.

Edit: Decided to do the Vettel ones while I was on a roll. They were easy in comparison as long as you don't go in the sand (stupid 20mph sand). Did Monza in 3 attempts (gold first time I did a clean run), Spa took about 3 due to mistakes, Suzuka took about 10 due to keep on going in the sand (including one where I went off on the last corner running a gold time!). These ones I actually enjoyed, I guess the Standard champ was a good practice.
 
Last edited:
Back