RedBull Junior

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roflmaot
  • 260 comments
  • 28,160 views
I like it, thought something was up with my wheel at first but then again that is a pretty light car so the resistance should be less until you hit enough speed to get some downforce going.

I enjoyed the races and the credits as well, gold across the board was like 5*88k + 250k and you can do it more than once I think :)
 
You want all of these in one game... Play Gran Turismo then
And there you have it!! Agree, GT is the KING the others strive to catch. I have F-1 2012 and a number of NFS games,, played Forza (my buddy bought the XBox1) the other day and it's a pretty cool sim,, but PolyPhony and the GT series still stands alone - IMHO.
 
Yeah i'm having a lot of fun, the only problem is that red light always going mad.
Best xsomething car, i'm curious about the no fan standard version.
 
Anybody enjoy the junior cars as much as I did? I prefer them over the fan cars and the other X cars. I thought the junior event was one of the most fun events so far in GT6.
The inline 4 sounded amazing, I think I even heard a little gargle/pop on downshifts? :D
I'm probably going to use the new X cars (non junior cars) a few times to see what the fuss is about--if any, then just go back to using the juniors until we get some real Formula 3 style cars. What does everyone else think about them? Does anybody think this means we'll be getting more F3-ish cars? or am I dreaming lol
Came here to post this, I'm doing the junior tournament right now and the cars sound amazing. And you are right about the downshifts. This got my hopes up for the sound update actually.
 
The sound of the little thing is awesome.

I really think PD may be testing his new way to do sounds in the X cars. :) i'm ok with that!
 
we are racing these at indy and other places, room called indy lights come join!
 
I think it's too loud and oversaturated. I don't like it. I wonder if this is masking the true sound quality.
Many people seem to feel that the louder and more distorted the sound, the better.
 
I'm in love with this car already :D The races were actually fun to do! Do wish they made it paintable, the orange version is a bit too dark for my liking :P but gained more than enhough credits to buy another car, so bought the white one aswel :rolleyes::O Just because it looks awesome!
 
it might just be me but i couldn't steer as much as i would have liked. i'm using DS3.
 
Anybody enjoy the junior cars as much as I did? I prefer them over the fan cars and the other X cars. I thought the junior event was one of the most fun events so far in GT6.
The inline 4 sounded amazing, I think I even heard a little gargle/pop on downshifts? :D
I'm probably going to use the new X cars (non junior cars) a few times to see what the fuss is about--if any, then just go back to using the juniors until we get some real Formula 3 style cars. What does everyone else think about them? Does anybody think this means we'll be getting more F3-ish cars? or am I dreaming lol
Yes the downshifts are awesome. PD has finally got some aspects of good sounding cars but they now need to repea this for the remainder of the cars.
 
Okay, the championships are pissing me off. It seems that PD has managed to perfectly simulate the 12-year-old idiots that ruined the X2010 in GT5. I just got punted off of the racing line five bloody times in four laps on Motegi.
 
Yeah i really like the X2014 JR could do with 100 bhp more
 
To my ears, there is no obvious evidence of the typical pitch-shifted samples used elsewhere in the game. Also, it doesn't sound quite as good with high quality headphones, the detailing sounds synthetic, but the overall effect outweighs this I think. Could this (and the other X cars) be the first implementation of PD's new sound generation system?
If they're going to do the new sounds then they need to do it to all the cars in the game, or at least the most commonly driven ones.
 
Okay, the championships are pissing me off. It seems that PD has managed to perfectly simulate the 12-year-old idiots that ruined the X2010 in GT5. I just got punted off of the racing line five bloody times in four laps on Motegi.

Just as an f.y.i., the passes that you make can/should be made as cleanly as possible. The AI responds to aggression with aggression, I believe. Also try to tidy your own lines up, so as to not accidentally cut them off - they will not brake or turn to avoid spinning you.
 
To my ears, there is no obvious evidence of the typical pitch-shifted samples used elsewhere in the game. Also, it doesn't sound quite as good with high quality headphones, the detailing sounds synthetic, but the overall effect outweighs this I think. Could this (and the other X cars) be the first implementation of PD's new sound generation system?
That's been my theory since I first heard the X2010/2011 and this new sample confirms my suspicion in a way;
both cars sound unique and authentic for what they are supposed to be, and if you compare them you can hear many similarities between them (I'm not saying they sound alike, rather that I can hear they've been created with the same methods).
They also sound completely different from anything i've heard in any GT game.
 
The Red Bull Juniors make a lovely racket, the way they rev up and break power while down shifting and the other cars around at the same time with all that noise. I LOVE IT! I'm really enjoying the cars and I'll be looking to join a series that a featuring these beauties, if not I'll drive them during my off time from racing in my series.
 
This car could make a very nice racing series. Really enjoyed driving it.
 
I really dislike the other X-2k cars but now driving this little thing... I love it o.o It handles nice and smooth, and with the low horsepower it's actually believable. To be honest, if they make this a real car and make a racing cup for it, I might just watch it.
 
Watched a few videos of it on youtube. I do believe that PD is starting to get the hang of sounds. The downshifts are properly gnarly.


ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyy goddddddd! that's awesome I can't wait to try this now!!!!!! and yes! the sounds are coming!! hopefully :eek:
 
They only need to pitch the sound a (little) bit higher and they ave the sounds for the Formula GT as well. But that cas a nice down shift noice too. Can't choose right now which one I preferr.
 
I used the RB Jr. to win at Spa 24 minutes. Didn't pit at all, won by 2 seconds over the 905. I actually like it.
I almost won the dream car championship too, it's awesome.
 
Back