Redundant Japanese Cars

• Thread starter Miyuki
  • 68 comments
United States
United States
shaanmp
Mr. Kazunori Yamauchi,

You have always discriminated against other amazing cars in favor of putting 50 types of Miatas, Skylines, Civics, etc. Will you PLEASE delete the abundant Japanese cars, and bring some serious cars into the game? For example, Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Ferrari F50, Toyota Camry V6, Brand new Audi Sedans, New Mercedes, New BMW's, 80-90's German cars, etc? The 2000-2009 era is over. Please Mr. Yamauchi, bring in new cars, and delete the abundant Japanese cars.

Mr. Kazunori Yamauchi,

You have always discriminated against other amazing cars in favor of putting 50 types of Miatas, Skylines, Civics, etc. Will you PLEASE delete the abundant Japanese cars, and bring some serious cars into the game? For example, Koenigsegg, Gumpert, Ferrari F50, Toyota Camry V6, Brand new Audi Sedans, New Mercedes, New BMW's, 80-90's German cars, etc? The 2000-2009 era is over. Please Mr. Yamauchi, bring in new cars, and delete the abundant Japanese cars.
You don't know we keep all cars now....I think you mean to say thanks for all the cars and can we have some more that I like.

REDUNDANT cars are a problem, 1 mazda & 1 toyoda is better than 2 nearly identical mazdas, you all dont have to be dense :rolleyes:

REDUNDANT cars are a problem, 1 mazda & 1 toyoda is better than 2 nearly identical mazdas, you all dont have to be dense :rolleyes:
I believe the propensity for density comes from not realizing the duplicates already exist, removing a Miata will not magically create a Camry.

I believe the propensity for density comes from not realizing the duplicates already exist, removing a Miata will not magically create a Camry.
You have to know by now the discussion progression...

Removing a Mazda does NOT make a Toyota.
Modelling a Mazda and a Toyota instead of 2 identical Mazdas creates a Toyota.

Now it gets tricky, and generally speaking people like to play this two-sided.

While we'll argue now that duping a Miata is super-easy programming, and nearly free to build content, it's also almost simultaneously admitting that dupes are dupes and are in fact redundant.
In another thread, you'll find the people that refer to them as nearly identical in this argument, saying they're totally different in that argument.

It's called picking and choosing. :)

I for one, fully understand WHY we have so many dupes, my question has always been, "How come no American and European dupes?"
If they are so easy, etc, it begs the question why we're missing all the sub models and similar cars for everywhere in the world outside of Japan. It's certainly not easier to clone a Miata than any other car in the game, which is where the questioning begins...

I for one, fully understand WHY we have so many dupes, my question has always been, "How come no American and European dupes?"
If they are so easy, etc, it begs the question why we're missing all the sub models and similar cars for everywhere in the world outside of Japan. It's certainly not easier to clone a Miata than any other car in the game, which is where the questioning begins...
Now that's a viewpoint I've never seen before..or never took notice of. Why not make little changes to all kinds of cars and get hundreds of new models into the game? GT could easily have 3000+ cars and the fanboys would go absolutely wild over it!

Now that's a viewpoint I've never seen before..or never took notice of. Why not make little changes to all kinds of cars and get hundreds of new models into the game? GT could easily have 3000+ cars and the fanboys would go absolutely wild over it!
Well I wouldn't agree doing it with standards like PD did, but yes I think it would be great.

Did you consider the jdm back catalogue might've fell a little easier into their laps than say the euro or US, particularly nissan?
Unless you're suggesting some sort of conspiracy theory or similar?

Did you consider the jdm back catalogue might've fell a little easier into their laps than say the euro or US, particularly nissan?
Not when it comes to Standard cars, no.

Unless you're suggesting some sort of conspiracy theory or similar?
I would just say laziness rather than an active plot; which is backed up with how little effort it would have taken to make it so the lion's share of the duplicates would actually be distinct models yet they still didn't bother.

Last edited:
I would just say laziness rather than an active plot; which is backed up with how little effort it would have taken to make it so the lion's share of the duplicates would actually be distinct models yet they still didn't bother.

Ahhh, so sort of like a half conspiracy theory or something?
And you assume laziness and laughter behind your back by the staff down at PD being an issue?
Maybe PS3 is able to activate any nearby wireless cameras and they can watch you suffer?

Ahhh, so sort of like a half conspiracy theory or something?
No. Sort of like they seemingly just don't care to fix even the simplest issues that plague the Standard cars in particular and result in making a good amount of them redundant, when if they corrected those mistakes they no longer would be. Nothing I can think of but laziness can be the cause of PD changing the name of a car and a couple of textures from its Japanese name to its American name and calling it a job well done without even glancing at one of their own games to see if the end result was a correctly modeled car. Or to then carry those mistakes unchanged for three straight games which span nearly half a decade.

And you assume laziness and laughter behind your back by the staff down at PD being an issue?
Maybe PS3 is able to activate any nearby wireless cameras and they can watch you suffer?
You asked a question. I gave you legitimate answers. For PS2 era cars, it wouldn't be any more difficult to model several American car variations than it is to (badly) model several Japanese ones like they focus almost exclusively on. And it certainly seems like laziness when they don't even put the 30 seconds of time it would take to look up the specs of a car online when they are cloning it under a new name (or even if the car existed under that new name).

Last edited:
We some times go back To GT2 or 3 for nostalgic value..laf..o how it used to be....but now PD have worked out a way to keep cars in the game....it's not surprising that there are a lot of Japanese cars ...early days they propebley had free rights to the all catalogue of cars with close ties to manufactures..copy and paste was probably easy back then...it's wots under the bonnet that's better as time goes foward.for all we know,only cars made now for GT7 may truely be premium....and every thing up to now is,now standard...the latest addition to our cars is actual
Performance data.not all but some( GT86 corvette Nissan for a few). This may also limit the cars we can use for the FIA..unless they plan on getting a load of cars back on the test track..fitted with new tech..'Data visualiser GPS logger"
So here's looking foward to many more super new premium cars..enjoy the standards and who knows we can all celebrate someday when they bring the citren cv up to date...lol.

No. Sort of like they seemingly just don't care to fix even the simplest issues that plague the Standard cars in particular and result in making a good amount of them redundant, when if they corrected those mistakes they no longer would be. Nothing I can think of but laziness can be the cause of PD changing the name of a car and a couple of textures from its Japanese name to its American name and calling it a job well done without even glancing at one of their own games to see if the end result was a correctly modeled car. Or to then carry those mistakes unchanged for three straight games which span nearly half a decade.

Yes, I heard you, laziness, suggesting someone is just loafing around, thumbing their nose at your loyalty to their products, buying all 6 or whatever discs worth enormous piles of cash to you, and, they just laugh off your attempts to right all these wrongs.
Is that what I'm hearing you say?

You asked a question. I gave you legitimate answers. For PS2 era cars, it wouldn't be any more difficult to model several American car variations than it is to (badly) model several Japanese ones like they focus almost exclusively on. And it certainly seems like laziness when they don't even put the 30 seconds of time it would take to look up the specs of a car online when they are cloning it under a new name (or even if the car existed under that new name). It's entirely your problem that your initial attempt at sarcasm was unwarranted no matter how hard you try to force it to fit after it was ignored.

Your credentials?
Your contributions to society at large lately?
Any products or services you offer that I can sample or may already be purchasing?
I hope you understand it's hard to take random person from internet on just their word?

And seriously mate, if you think I was making any attempt to hide from or renegotiate anything there, then you obviously didn't read the last line too well...

Yes, I heard you, laziness, suggesting someone is just loafing around, thumbing their nose at your loyalty to their products, buying all 6 or whatever discs worth enormous piles of cash to you, and, they just laugh off your attempts to right all these wrongs.
Is that what I'm hearing you say?
You're evidently not hearing much of anything if a specific example where they made an obvious mistake, a comparison to something they themselves created where more effort was put in to keep "redundant cars" from popping up and an explanation for how it all related to the topic at hand wasn't enough to connect the dots. You're clearly perfectly able to spin posts to fit your preconceived notions, so perhaps you could put that creativity to good use and come up with an alternative set of reasoning besides them simply not caring enough.

I'd certainly be open to hear why twin turbo USDM Lexus models or AWD non-turbo 3000GTs or SR20DET powered Nissan 240SXs or JDM-only limited edition Eunos Roadsters badged as USDM Miatas unchanged game after game after game implies a high attention to detail; or how fixing those cars to be accurate, distinct cars as they were in real life wouldn't cut down on the redundant (predominantly Japanese) models in every game released by PD since 2009.

Your credentials?
Your contributions to society at large lately?
Any products or services you offer that I can sample or may already be purchasing?
I hope you understand it's hard to take random person from internet on just their word?

And seriously mate, if you think I was making any attempt to hide from or renegotiate anything there, then you obviously didn't read the last line too well...
Don't worry. It's plain as day how much effort you're putting in to avoid actually saying anything of consequence now.

Last edited:
(for those not requiring community services...)
They could make a lot of premium dupes, rather than keep standards as well. Unless dupes aren't good enough... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
where more effort was put in

Yeh man, I'm still hearing ya.
Your conspiracy based on laziness, correct?

Don't worry. It's plain as day how much effort you're putting in to avoid actually saying anything of consequence now.

Your making all the noise, I'm just trying to ascertain what makes you the leading authority on work ethics and quality assurance. I assumed you must proudly offer some fault free service or product of your own I could sample.
I think you would of thrown them all at me by now if they existed.

Not avoiding anything buddy, it's all aimed directly at ya.

Your making all the noise, I'm just trying to ascertain what makes you the leading authority on work ethics and quality assurance. I assumed you must proudly offer some fault free service or product of your own I could sample.
I think you would of thrown them all at me by now if they existed.

One doesn't need to be a leading authority on anything to point out easily fixable and obvious flaws in the car catalogue among other things. There are all kinds of errors in gearing, spring rates, top speeds that have been pointed out ad nauseum by the community but it's PD's general avoidance of feedback from it's fanbase that allows these types of things to persist over multiple game platforms and versions of the game.

They could make a lot of premium dupes, rather than keep standards as well. Unless dupes aren't good enough... ;)
And even for Premium cars, they could get a lot of mileage out of your idea above of applying different trim variations into separate cars without having to change much from a modeling perspective. They've got a 2010 Camaro SS, and other than changing the specs, some exterior badging and an exhaust recording they already would have a perfect foundation to make a 2010 Camaro V6. Or the old Elise S built off of the Elise 111R already modeled. Interior changes between trim levels would really be the biggest hurdle for doing the same thing for Premiums as they did for all of the Standard duplicates, and even those are becoming less and less common with modern cars.

I look forward to your writeup of how the sample of cars I listed above all totally existed in real life, then.

point out easily fixable and obvious flaws

fault finder huh?
usually the last to actually get up and fix the fault themselves also.

I look forward to your writeup of how the sample of cars I listed above all totally existed in real life, then.

I mentioned I was doing writeups?
You did list a sample of cars.
Did they all totally exist? Wouldn't know personally...
Your point?

The point is that PD includes cars that don't exist in real life. How can we take "the real driving simulator" seriously when they throw in a ton of fake cars and dupes? They only do it to artificially inflate the car count and/or make Japanese cars appear more important/significant.

Why do we need 20+ first-generation Miatas that are identical in lap times, but we don't need 20 of the same generation Corvettes, Vipers or Mustangs? Or any other non-Japanese car?

PD is ridiculously biased against non-JDM cars. Is Turn10 (Forza) this biased against non-USDM cars?

Last edited:
Back