Redundant Japanese Cars

• Thread starter Miyuki
  • 68 comments
Why the hell do you guys always have to act so thick and stir up a stupid argument over nothing. The point OP is making is really clear, he wants less of the same model of cars in the game, and suggests PD focuses on trying to implement newer or different models which some of us would love to see, and I totally agree with him. I don't even know how much driving around in one Miata would differ from the other 10 or so in the game anyway.

Why the hell do you guys always have to act so thick and stir up a stupid argument over nothing. The point OP is making is really clear, he wants less of the same model of cars in the game, and suggests PD focuses on trying to implement newer or different models which some of us would love to see, and I totally agree with him. I don't even know how much driving around in one Miata would differ from the other 10 or so in the game anyway.

Actually the OP's point included this which you conveniently skipped over:

Please Mr. Yamauchi, bring in new cars, and delete the abundant Japanese cars.
Deleting cars already modeled and in the game is pointless and makes no sense whatsoever. It won't magically make more North American and European cars appear in the game either.

If ten Miatas all run the same lap times, why do we need all ten?

The point is to have every car be at least SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT.

May as well include every year and every trim level of every car in the game and have a billion cars that perform identically. Seems to be what people want.

Notice the difference between the Acura NSX and Honda NSX. Acura has a '91. With Honda you get a '90, '93, and '95 that all perform identically. Why?

Last edited:
If ten Miatas all run the same lap times, why do we need all ten?
We don't, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't easily make those ten different Miatas into completely different ones instead of just removing them. See GT2 with the Mazdaspeed versions.

Actually the OP's point included this which you conveniently skipped over:

Deleting cars already modeled and in the game is pointless and makes no sense whatsoever. It won't magically make more North American and European cars appear in the game either.
Ok i didn't mean to skip over what he wrote, i just read the post once. Anyway i think it would help to delete some of the cars in the game, so that instead of having a bunch of the same car, no matter what version, PD could instead use the space to put in other cars or to detail more interiors etc. I mean let's think of some possible reasons why not all the cars are premium; firstly it may take a lot of memory in the game, which is currently filled with clone models. The only other reason i can think of is not actually being able to acquire the car to take pictures of the interior, but seriously how hard is it to find a Supra, an SL65 etc.

Ok i didn't mean to skip over what he wrote, i just read the post once. Anyway i think it would help to delete some of the cars in the game, so that instead of having a bunch of the same car, no matter what version, PD could instead use the space to put in other cars or to detail more interiors etc. I mean let's think of some possible reasons why not all the cars are premium; firstly it may take a lot of memory in the game, which is currently filled with clone models. The only other reason i can think of is not actually being able to acquire the car to take pictures of the interior, but seriously how hard is it to find a Supra, an SL65 etc.
Standard cars have far less polygons and take up much less space. Space won't be an issue on the PS4. I'd like them to streamline the car selection same as you and put the duplicates as alternate trim or engine packages under a single car file, but it's not likely to happen. PD has to fly the flag of 1XXX cars in the game no matter what.

Standard cars have far less polygons and take up much less space. Space won't be an issue on the PS4. I'd like them to streamline the car selection same as you and put the duplicates as alternate trim or engine packages under a single car file, but it's not likely to happen. PD has to fly the flag of 1XXX cars in the game no matter what.
What i don't think they understand is that they can put all the trims etc under one car file, and add in other, newer, better, faster cars, to keep the 1xxx mark

I have often thought that if they had one basic car, and had all of the options for it selectable, they could end up with millions of variations, hence millions of cars.... (shrug)....

Reactions: VXR
There is technically a Camry in the game, just not you know.... an actual Camry.

Superspeedway-Daytona_2.jpg

I do apologize if it seems like i'm asking for too much. I don't want you guys to fight over a game. However, it makes me upset that some fantastic cars that people use to commute, and some super/hyper cars, are missing. Imagine if GT had a event where you have to race cars that are 4 door flagship saloons like the Alpina B7, Lexus LS-h, MB S65 AMG, Audi S8, that would be an amazing race! Mosler, Noble, Gumpert, Vector, etc, they're all missing. Even KIA is missing. A lot of Aussie V8's are missing. The Hyundai Genesis Sedan, Fusion Turbo, Sonata Turbo, Accord V6 SPORT, Passat, MS 3, MS 6, they're missing too! Formula cars are MIA too! I believe AT MOST, 3 of the same car in that generation should suffice. I'm Japanese by the way, and I find it annoying to see irrelevant JDM cars on this game. When I was 16, I drove a Cobalt SS. That car, imagine if it raced against the GTI, FRS, etc. Which also reminds me, they have the FRS, xB, and xA. So, why isn't the Scion tC in this game? As for Porsche, I've seen some racing games use Gemballa. Why not use that? It may not be a true Porsche, but it's souped up. You can get the GT3 RS, Carrera GT, even the 12C, souped up by Gemballa. If GT can use AEM, HKS, and other tuners, they can use Gemballa. I really wouldn't mind it at all. Believe me, I own a Camry V6, and that car is a sleeper when you modify it. Go test drive one if you don't believe me. I feel in GT6, i'm playing GT4 all over again. Remember, GT3 only had like 179 cars, but i enjoyed that game so much, and it's the only GT game that had superior sales. I remember the Professional league in GT3, it had 10-20 laps, and you'd race for 30 mins or longer with DIFFERENT CARS. In GT6, the Japanese 90's challenge, I faced 4 NSX's out of the 6 cars with only 5 laps. Is this GT2 all over again? I don't care about quantity, I want quality. Yamauchi already apologized about sound, I want him to see that there is no fams that cater to the redundant standard Japanese cars. I pray for GT7 that it will a MAJOR OVERHAUL NOT IN GRAPHICS, but the the quality of it being a Gran Turismo game.

f40
Wants less Japanese cars... wants another Toyota.
Did you not read properly? REDUNDANT JAPANESE CARS. I do want the Camry. I would trade in all those irrelevant Miatas for a Camry V6, Sonata Turbo, MS 6, and even a Infiniti Q50S. Less cars, better cars.

There is technically a Camry in the game, just not you know.... an actual Camry.

Superspeedway-Daytona_2.jpg
True, but the V6 Camry would be more appealing. If you went on online mode, and raced against GT cars and beat them all in a Camry V6, that would make you look amazing wouldn't it? And, it would prove that you are a better DRIVER, which is what Gran Turismo 6 teaches you to do.

Last edited:
id also like to see some classic cars as well cars like the Nissan Datsun 510 Shelby GT350 (Hertz) 1969 Copo Camaro 1970 Mustang Boss 302 as well as new cars that were mentioned there is so much cars we want but Polyphony Digital can only squeeze so much into it

The point is that PD includes cars that don't exist in real life. How can we take "the real driving simulator" seriously when they throw in a ton of fake cars and dupes? They only do it to artificially inflate the car count and/or make Japanese cars appear more important/significant.

Why do we need 20+ first-generation Miatas that are identical in lap times, but we don't need 20 of the same generation Corvettes, Vipers or Mustangs? Or any other non-Japanese car?

PD is ridiculously biased against non-JDM cars. Is Turn10 (Forza) this biased against non-USDM cars?
Forza supposedly have an even distribution on all cars. The Dream machines are fine, it's the massive duplicates of certain cars that piss me off. Yamauchi keeps saying there is an audience for these standard cars. He need to realize, there isn't. If he delete's these dupes, and puts in cars that are missing, it would reduce the count, but have quality cars. Even the Super GT cars, each model is different. Why not just call it "Nissan GTR Super GT Race Car" and have 9139784031758437589439 paint themes for it? A Calsonic, Arta, Penzoil, Zexel, and Motul paint jobs? This would delete the amount of cars, and make room for others!

I don't even know how much driving around in one Miata would differ from the other 10 or so in the game anyway.
MK1, Mk2, Mk3, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, LHD, RHD, roadster, coupe, race car. That's 21 different MX-5s right there.
What i don't think they understand is that they can put all the trims etc under one car file
Even the Super GT cars, each model is different. Why not just call it "Nissan GTR Super GT Race Car" and have 9139784031758437589439 paint schemes for it? A Calsonic, Arta, Penzoil, Zexel, and Motul paint jobs?
Yes they can - and should.
This would delete the amount of cars, and make room for others!
and add in other, newer, better, faster cars, to keep the 1xxx mark
But that can't happen - the cars you want to file better aren't preventing additional cars from making it into the game. For the most part that's down to licensing and then availability of the real cars to model.

I have often thought that if they had one basic car, and had all of the options for it selectable, they could end up with millions of variations, hence millions of cars.... (shrug)....

I always thought about this. Offer the basic model and either all, or a selection of different models available. Adding a spoiler or new wheels depending on the grade.

id also like to see some classic cars as well cars like the Nissan Datsun 510 Shelby GT350 (Hertz) 1969 Copo Camaro 1970 Mustang Boss 302 as well as new cars that were mentioned there is so much cars we want but Polyphony Digital can only squeeze so much into it
The franchise is so successful, they can afford to go to certain areas and take pictures of the cars.

but it's PD's general avoidance of feedback from it's fanbase that allows these types of things to persist over multiple game platforms and versions of the game.

That sadly pretty much sums things up, errors all they would have to do is verify & fix. Just include a reliable source or 2 with the error as in not wiki.
In fact the community would probably do the verifying for them if what was posted was incorrect.

MK1, Mk2, Mk3, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, LHD, RHD, roadster, coupe, race car. That's 21 different MX-5s right there.
And i don't see the point in any single one of them, sorry, you don't have to agree but that's just my opinion.

And i don't see the point in any single one of them, sorry, you don't have to agree but that's just my opinion.
So you'd have a racing game featuring real road cars that didn't include a single example of the world's best-selling roadster, most universally highly-rated driver's car and recognised blueprint for the modern sports car?

Wow.

I only see an actual need for one example of each of the following...

1.6 NA
1.8 NA
1.8 NA OBDII emissions (not really necessary, but there was a ~5 hp increase)
1.6 NB
1.8 NB
1.8 NB w/ VVT
2.0 NC

That's 7 out of the ~40. All the rest are repetitive and as I've proven, their lap times are pretty much identical. PD really needs to file those under the ones I listed above and stop assuming we're all ignorant non-car enthusiasts.

I'd love to have a Mazdaspeed NB and 1.8 NC that are currently missing from the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: VXR
So you'd have a racing game featuring real road cars that didn't include a single example of the world's best-selling roadster, most universally highly-rated driver's car and recognised blueprint for the modern sports car?

Wow.
No because i don't enjoy driving a car which can't even hit 230kmh

Seriously though why is there a '90, '93, AND '95 Honda NSX? There's literally no difference between them. That's 3 cars that should become 1.

No because i don't enjoy driving a car which can't even hit 230kmh
So because you don't enjoy driving some of the slower cars in the game they should be removed? :dunce: There are hundreds of cars that exceed 230 km/h for you to enjoy, try driving some of them instead.

So because you don't enjoy driving some of the slower cars in the game they should be removed? :dunce: There are hundreds of cars that exceed 230 km/h for you to enjoy, try driving some of them instead.
I do drive them. I usually tend to not purchase the slower cars because frankly i find them boring to drive and unresponsive. I like the feeling of power in a car, and therefore don't enjoy driving anything with less than 500 horses. That's just me though.

Sheesh. You must hate the GT series then.
I don't. In fact it's one of my favourite game series and I've been playing since GT3. I just prefer faster cars, is there anything wrong with that?

Uhhh-huh.

They invented these things in, like.... the 4th Century BC called "corners"...
Doesn't mean i have to be going at corner speed on the straights

It's a really stupid one to have. The point is that slower cars can be fun too in different ways (you know, not just going in straight lines at hyper speed). You disagreeing because you only like fast cars does not make them pointless.

Last edited:
Reactions: f40
It's a really stupid one to have. The point is that slower cars can be fun too in different ways (you know, not just going in straight lines at hyper speed). You disagreeing because you only like fast cars does not make them pointless.
Jesus christ it's my opinion, I'm entitled to it. Is it a crime to enjoy speed? Do i have to go around autumn ring in a honda fit at 20mph to have fun? I'm sorry that going slow doesn't appeal to me, really it must be so difficult for you guys to digest, I'll make sure i use boring slow cars and keep under the speed limit to appeal to you guys next time.

Back