Reefer Madness: A BELT Through the 90s, Sat 10:30pm UK

• Thread starter reefer
  • 127 comments
...got joe in my sights and just tried to keep up .

F40 at RBR 1:24.939 now

Trailing into the first corner in the F40 has to be the best in the whole of GT6. So visceral. Can anyone think of a better first corner experience? Try it and, when you get it right, a wry smile will appear along with a "sweet mother of pearl, what was that?!"👍

F40 first corner at RBR - 'inconsistent' would be my take on it. I've tamed it as much as I can, but the car/track combo is a punisher if you get it wrong, as much, perhaps as Dristelen.

90s Belt Results Week 1

Qualifying
qualifying.jpg

Silverstone GP Circuit
silverstone race.jpg

(Reverse Grid) Matterhorn (forgot to take a pic so the below will do)
matterhorn race.jpg

90s Belt Standings After Week 1 (2 races)

1st : richy____45
2nd : joe_____43
3rd : Venari___32
4th : Tom_A___27
5th : buybon___26
6th : John_____25
7th : Suts_____18
8th : quentin___16
9th : Derek____16
10th : Tooma__12
11th : Al_______8

DNS
fad
Lilium
Leo
Boris
FlaviusButterus

Al will get 3 points for finishing 12 laps (in pain) at Matterhorn. Please double check your own score to make sure I haven't made a mistake.

Yeah. When I saw the 00:00:00 counter, I backed off over the line. That's why I went off at T1 on lap 18. I was susprised that the race was still on! That vid makes my driving look terrible. I had few problems braking down the hill for the right/left combo in practice, but I was continually missing braking points in the last half of the race.

Still. Somewhat of a recovery? :D

Meanwhile, I can't get the F40 to behave under brakes *and* traction.

Has anyone got a decent setup? Mine is stiff-ish for the RS tyres, with a decent load of LSD, but I suspect there's something fundamentally wrong with it.

Or am I going to have to swap to the steering wheel away from my DS3?

Last edited:
After a session with Joe and 'suddenly' losing 2 seconds a lap in race lobby (as opposed to free run) I went back to hotlapping in free run and all my time was back. There I just nailed a 1m23, having made the car a bit more receptive to being absolutely hammered over the kerbs (in case of emergency, which, I think I'll need.)

But in lobby? I doubt I'll be in the low 1m25s. And in a draught? Kiss that goodbye. :D

Out of all the 90s cars we're running, this one requires the most practice. Add into the mix the huge loss of downforce when running behind someone and you've got a recipe for a very tough race. I can see many frustrated drivers; the lack of grip behind someone is that bad. There will be offs! Expect your car to behave badly! When running alone tho, the tyres hold up surprisingly well and after 20 laps I was still able to do decent times (25.7s I think). Guys, don't do Rigidity. I did and have lost lap time.

That's good to know about draft and how it affects the car. Braking points are so marginal as it stands anyway, earlier braking when in a tow and also with tyre wear means we'll need to try not to collect each other as we sail off into the gravel!

90s Belt Results Week 2

Qualifying Red Bull Ring F40 '92

quali.jpg

Race - Ferrari F40 '92 - Red Bull Ring - 575pp
f40.jpg

Race - Alfa 155 '93 - Spa Francorchamps
alfa.jpg

Man of the Meet: Johnny-boy with 2 good results!

Great fun lads. But has anyone noticed the Japanese flag in the race results (pic above) of RBR?

Fad, you're a hard man to catch! And Suts, good result in the F40! We had a couple spinners, including myself, but despite that the races were exciting to be a part of. Couldn't get close to my practice lap times but it was good just to belt around with plenty of grip in close proximity to others. Good to see lets_party, sigs and apex join in the fray despite having no tuning/practice time. And Al was in the pub slurping on a frothy beer (complimentary photo was supplied)!

Standings after 2 weeks (4 races)

1st : joe_________81
2nd : John_______75
3rd : Venari______62
4th : richy_______61
5th : buybon_____51
6th : Tom_A_____41
7th : Suts_______38
8th : quentin_____30
9th : Derek______30
10th: fad________25
11th : tooma_____19
12th: let's_party__15
13th: siggers_____13
14th : Al_________8

Next week:

TVR Griffith 500 '94 - Mount Panorama - 485pp SS
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) Race Car '95 - Matterhorn Rotenboden - 485pp SS

//

Last edited:
90s Belt Results Week 2
Man of the Meet: Johnny-boy with 2 good results!

Yeah I'd second that. I swear I was mugged in the Alfa, but I watched the replay and it was downforce and talent that beat me. :D

The F40 replay is spectacular to watch. Good looking race cars - with mine quietly burbling among all the full race exhausts. I'd run that race again, it was much fun - how about with the GTO instead?

Thanks for letting me race last night at such short notice. Had a couple of crashes in both races but I had done no practice so can't really complain. I usually do another racing series on Saturdays which often finishes just before these races start, so might be able to make the future rounds depending on how tired I am feeling if you will have me!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Colin. Enjoy yerself!

I'm looking forward to Bathurst this weekend - it's a real driver's track and I usually find myself holding on for dear life there.

I'm wondering whether John will bring his A game come Saturday night and, if so, will be hard to beat. (He seemed to be on fire last weekend.) Or maybe "party" (@luke norris) will show us how it's done, however, 8:30am isn't really fair for him as he's usually been up for 36 hours straight by the time we kick off. fad has been a busy man recently, Al has been injured and with Colin out on the "ran-dan," let's hope we can get 10 on the grid this weekend:cheers:

I won't be able to attend today. I have some friends coming over for dinner. wish the best of fun to every1

Qualifying: Bathurst

quali.jpg

Race Results: Bathurst

bathurst.jpg

Race Results: Matterhorn Rotenboden (Reverse Grid)

matterhorn.jpg

Standings after 3 weeks (6 races)

1st : joe_________114
2nd : Venari______107
3rd : richy________99
4th : John________75
5th : Suts________62
6th: fad_________58
7th : quentin______52
8th : buybon______51
9th : Derek_______50
10th : Tom_A_____41
11th : tooma_____33
12th : Al_________27
13th: siggers_____13

let's_party will join as a guest when still awake!

Man of the Meet: Venari. Took heaps of pressure and never folded. Two good results!

Congrats to Venari for a good win at Matterhorn and for taking all richy's pressure. It seems that some people are just attracted to each other. First it was Paul and Tooma, then Colin and Tom A, and Colin and John, and now we have Venari and richy.

I have to apologise to fad for finishing you off when you had a moment. I've reversed our places and points because you shouldn't lose out. (fad to 3rd, joe to 8th) Sometimes you just gotta ease off when the guy in front does a jimmy shimmy and I didn't. You were going well too, sorry mate.

My car worked as expected at Bathurst and, as it's a track I like, it was fun. However, it's not an enjoyable ride when your car ain't working well. Re Matterhorn: think I crashed twice, was skelped in the bum twice (unavoidable) and went off twice. All in a day's madness. Loved it, just wanted the battles I was in to continue.

Next Saturday is week 4 - the penultimate week - and we're upping the ante:

week-4-png.613210
1996: RUF CTR2 '96 - Grand Valley Speedway - 550pp SS - PB - 1:53.995
1997:
Toyota Supra RZ '97 - Fuji F - 550pp SS - PB - 2.42.570

Bring it on boys..

Oh, and sorry about the same protagonists appearing in the video. That's where the action was.​

Mr. Joe the King of club's :cheers: You must be insane, for given me you point's and you Will take my. No way hosay :cheers: you can switch me and Nolucktoday point for the 1'th race. For trying to not hitting my at My best drift try in a corner, and then waiting for me to get going again, but it was me. I was thinking in the race how to give him the time back. Look at the standing, he is behind me. So now i Just have to slower a little down, so he can get Up, but but it was there i Look back at the road and brackingpoint was behind me :banghead::banghead: so Joe never be nice, it Will bite you in your ass :cheers::cheers:

PS give me, My point's :cheers:

You must be insane...
In my misspent youth, maybe, but now, I'm a fully paid up member of the Sane Society.

If you look at the replay you'll see you were only skidding a little until I hit you. If I had been 3 tenths back you would have been fine and our battle would have continued. But I kept my foot in and your race was over.

I didn't know about the incident between you and quentin (nolucktoday) but I'll check it out:tup:

Mr. Joe the King of club's :cheers: You must be insane, for given me you point's and you Will take my. No way hosay :cheers: you can switch me and Nolucktoday point for the 1'th race. For trying to not hitting my at My best drift try in a corner, and then waiting for me to get going again, but it was me. I was thinking in the race how to give him the time back. Look at the standing, he is behind me. So now i Just have to slower a little down, so he can get Up, but but it was there i Look back at the road and brackingpoint was behind me :banghead::banghead: so Joe never be nice, it Will bite you in your ass :cheers::cheers:

PS give me, My point's :cheers:

It's nice to be nice Fad - lol.

Back