Reefer Madness: A BELT Through the 90s, Sat 10:30pm UK

• Thread starter reefer
  • 127 comments
Nice video. :D For a moment, it looked like you'd been trolling me - I have a couple of friends who are belly dancers. (One who teaches.)

Best thing to do on grass when stopped, going uphill... reverse onto the track. I'm sure that lesson was learned. :D

I was very cautious at Matterhorn, and slow through the left at the bottom of the hill, much to Rich's chagrin, I imagine. However, the little Cap was gripping and I kept it almost completely on the blackstuff. I thought I nudged Al a little hard in the hairpin to get by early on, but on review, he was on the kerb and recovering and it was but a gentle tap, we all carried on the same direction after.

Mine and Rich's run after that though...looking from his POV there were at least two (three, four, lots of) occasions where I personally might have tried the pass - or at least to level and force a scary tip-toe grip battle through the turns. My antics looked pretty lairy (as usual. :D ) He was definitely faster in the complex at the bottom of the hill and climbing (draught? I ran a lot of downforce), but unsighted getting up top so I was quicker through the right/left and appeared to have more grip at the top hairpin. I consider myself very lucky not to have been passed, he was definitely capable of a faster lap 'clean'... but I think he was waiting for me to get it really wrong and amazingly, it didn't happen. :D 👍

Last edited:
Best thing to do on grass when stopped, going uphill... reverse onto the track. I'm sure that lesson was learned. :D
No lol. Tryed not to get reverse on track, when ohters driver was comming :cheers: so bad luck, Will stay off track as Long drivers is comming :cheers: so i Will always be the 🤬 but next time i'll be Running dirttires lol

Last edited:
Here's one for the 60s which would be cracking to have in-game; a 68/9 Marcos. I shot this one at Knock-Hill RT.

DSCN0157-1.jpg

Last edited:
Joe
Really sorry for not joining tonight.
Been laid out all day with high temperatures.
Brains a bit scrambled. I just completely forgot to tell you earlier.

Hope you had fun. I was really looking forward to it :cheers:

Sorry rich for punting you on corner one at Fuji. Definitely bad judgment on my part.

But awesome JGTC racing after that. Watch me from buybon's rear bumper camera. It's pretty funny - maybe not so much with the jolty replays you get if you're not the subject, but it's an enjoyable show.

I took some pics, but will post tomorrow.

Grand Valley Qualifying 550pp

quali.jpg

Grand Valley Race Results

GV.jpg

Fuji F Race Results (Reverse Grid)

fuji.jpg

Standings after 4 weeks (8 races)

1st : joe_________164
2nd : Venari______147
3rd : richy________132
4th : quentin______76
5th : John________75
6th : Derek_______72
7th : Tom_A______71
8th : buybon______69
9th : Suts________62
10th: fad_________58
11th : tooma_____50
12th : Al_________36
13th: siggers_____13

Man of the Meet: NoLuckToday (quentin) for running 2 good races using manual gears for the first time! Well done mate.

Really sorry for not joining tonight.
Been laid out all day with high temperatures.

No problem Suts - hope you feel better soon!

Fun at 550 eh! Always going to be a handful on ss but good fun it was. I almost threw it away in the first race in the RUF
on lap 1. Venari, behind, must have been licking his lips and rubbing his hands expecting it to happen again.

Main thing with the Supra was just to keep it together. If the pace was there, it was there. It's a car that's difficult to push hard and I would have been happy just to run decent lap times no matter where I finished.

Next week, the last meet of the 90s Blast series, is Minis at Tsukuba and I can't wait. I'm expecting a really close race with plenty of action.

Now, back to that tax return...

Last edited:
Have fun tonight guys 'cos it's gonna be an evening of driving within the cars limits me thinks. Both are not very forgiving at 550pp on ss and are hard work to get the power down.

Also, the next incarnation of Reefer Madness is here and ready for signups. All welcome: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/reefer-madness-stock-us-classics-sat-10-30pm-uk-time.353218/

Sorry for not being part of this series guys, it looks like i missed some great fun!

I will try my best to join the next one Joe!

Last edited:
To my pal, Big Al.... sorry for blaming you as the sole cause of the two offs I had at GV. I could not believe you had caught up so quick at the first incident, so from my perspective it felt like I had been clobbered. Sincere apologies Al.

Grand Valley Qualifying 550pp

View attachment 623770

Grand Valley Race Results

View attachment 623771

Fuji F Race Results (Reverse Grid)

View attachment 623772

Standings after 4 weeks (8 races)

1st : joe_________164
2nd : Venari______147
3rd : richy________132
4th : quentin______76
5th : John________75
6th : Derek_______72
7th : Tom_A______71
8th : buybon______69
9th : Suts________62
10th: fad_________58
11th : tooma_____50
12th : Al_________36
13th: siggers_____13

Man of the Meet: NoLuckToday (quentin) for running 2 good races using manual gears for the first time! Well done mate.

No problem Suts - hope you feel better soon!

Fun at 550 eh! Always going to be a handful on ss but good fun it was. I almost threw it away in the first race in the RUF
on lap 1. Venari, behind, must have been licking his lips and rubbing his hands expecting it to happen again.

Main thing with the Supra was just to keep it together. If the pace was there, it was there. It's a car that's difficult to push hard and I would have been happy just to run decent lap times no matter where I finished.

Next week, the last meet of the 90s Blast series, is Minis at Tsukuba and I can't wait. I'm expecting a really close race with plenty of action.

Now, back to that tax return...

I'm surprised again at how much the cars appear to be moving around laterally. When I watch replays they are v steady in comparison.

To my pal, Big Al.... sorry for blaming you as the sole cause of the two offs I had at GV. I could not believe you had caught up so quick at the first incident, so from my perspective it felt like I had been clobbered. Sincere apologies Al.
No prob my friend. The apologize speaks highly of you. You and I play together since long time and we have never had a problem and It will be for long time mate. I was watching the replay on GTplantet before, I was a racing sandwich!!! jajjajajaaja.You don´t suffer for it friend, this is only a game.

I'm off to see my parents this weekend - and I'll be sad to miss the racing (their internet hookup is very shonky.)

But I'll be working on my Corvette, so that's good... also, I just got the new job I wanted so it's a bit of a celebration all around.

I'd love to finish the season, but I'll be onboard with the Yank Classics week after. :)

And my car some day, i Hope View attachment 625297

Konneisegg? Their 1toOne, or something like that?

There may be unavoidable delays in returning your car Fad - stuff happens man.

Who/what is it good for? Me for one, and the sheer joy and exhilaration of driving it. Truth be, it could sit in my driveway as a piece of art, and that would be something which would put a smile on my face too.

There is a good film on Netflix about this car and its development.

Last edited:
Konneisegg? Their 1toOne, or something like that?
Yes sir :cheers: is it you the borrowed my car and i just forgot to give IT back :cheers: to my knowledge IT is the first car with hollow rims the is smooth inside :cheers: Nice Nice but who is it good for ?????

Last edited:
Sorry @fadmad for lap 1 on the Minis race. I couldn't avoid you, had no time to react.
And sorry for the lap 3 drama at Trial Mountain. I decided to retire as I was too sleepy and didn't want to ruin other people's races.

Tsukuba Qualifying 475pp
qualifying.jpg

Tsukuba Race Results
Tsukuba.jpg

Trial Mountain Race Results (Reverse Grid)
Trial Mountain.jpg

Standings after 5 weeks (10 races)

1st : joe_________209
2nd : richy_______164
3rd : Venari______147
4th : buybon_____100
5th : Tom_A______98
6th : derek_______95
7th : quentin______89
8th : suts________80
8th : John________80
10th: fad_________78
11th : al_________72
12th : tooma______65
13th: siggers______13

Man of the Meet: Al for running two good races giving 110% in both.

Congrats to Colin on his great win at Trial Mountain Reverse! Always a tough competitor.

During the week I had some real paint-exchanging fights with some of the lads at Tsukuba in the Minis but come race day it wasn't as close as I had expected. Maybe if it had been Reverse Grid it would have worked out better. Nevertheless, with such a short circuit, concentration was the order of the day as one small trip off the track would have meant waiting until whole pack had passed before being able to rejoin safely. Luckily my car performed well and I managed to stay on track and ahead of the fast charging richy and Al.

At Trial Mountain Reverse there was some good racing throughout: battles for second all the way down provided much entertainment on the replay with plenty of good attacking driving on display. Places swapped constantly and it was never clear who was going to finish where until things settled down nearer the end. Al, you give 110% every time and are always a hard man to race with. Colin, after I got into 2nd, I wasn't sure how much speed you had up front but thought I'd do my best to catch up. I was surprised that I could cos I know how fast you are and a great battle ensued. That fight took a lot out of me but left me feeling that's what I sign up for. I don't know how many times I missed a gear - going for 3rd and hitting 1st etc! First time that's happened really. Anyway, very impressed by the driving standards at TM and all the 90s races, well done all.

Well, the Belt Through the 90s has come to an end. Picking a favourite race is nigh on impossible as I thought they were all good. Plenty of serious action throughout and I think the Reverse Grid works well with our fun championships. Would still love to have 16 on the grid though, so invite your friends for the next instalment of the Madness starting next weekend and let's see if we can can 16 on the grid! Thanks again to all for making the 90s Belt such fun:tup:

Sorry @fadmad for lap 1 on the Minis race. I couldn't avoid you, had no time to react.
And sorry for the lap 3 drama at Trial Mountain. I decided to retire as I was too sleepy and didn't want to ruin other people's races.

No problem John, appreciate you giving up your time to come and race with us when it's so late in your country. Just try to rejoin the track safely next time (after an off) so as not to instigate a pile up behind you;)

Last edited:
Back