Reefer Madness: A BELT Through the 90s, Sat 10:30pm UK

• Thread starter reefer
  • 127 comments
Joe all the work you do is awesome.The organization of races, videos etc ... is simply praiseworthy. Thanks once again. Finally a weekend without the usual pains in my shoulder. At the start of the first race I was able to overtake Tom Ascar, then tried to pressure Rich and wait for a mistake on his part that never came, but the third step of the podum knew me to glory.
In the second race I was fortunate enough to avoid the accident of the second round. A pity that in the video does not leave my overtaking to Tom Ascar. More work cost me overtaking Tooma, but the fight was very clean. I did everything I could to hold Joe, but it was impossible, his rhythm was far superior to mine. I suffered a lot in the last few laps, seeing Rich getting closer and closer in my rearview mirror. His pace was much higher than mine, but this time my shoulder respected me and I could take the shot.
:gtpflag:

That looked like fun. :D

Just a shot of work-in-progress on the Corvette. For the uninitiated, that's a 327cu.in (5.3-ish litre) Chevrolet Small Block, as mounted in a 1962 Corvette. This shot was to show the new adjuster for the (otherwise totally custom) airc-condition compressor mounting. The adjuster matches the piece on the other side for the alternator, the mount for which is a March Performance piece. I'm pleased with how it has turned out, but I bought belts and they're both a little too tight even at minimum adjustment, d'oh!

Thanks for your kind words guys!

Finally a weekend without the usual pains in my shoulder.

Glad to hear your shoulder pain has eased up a little Al. You drove well and I'm sure it was helped by not having to grimace your way through the races.

Watched the replay following Tooma this time - Well done Tom!! You put up a great fight for half the race fending off serial podium finishers. Impressive stuff.

Yup, Tom was on it in both races. Must be something they put in the water where he bides..like whisky!

I'm rubbish at limericks but have 5 min...

Here goes, it's awful, 20 min later and this is all I've got, sorry Tom

There was an old geezer called Tam
Who would ride on the road with a wee dram
Not in his real Jag, you see
On GT6, for he
Enjoyed gaming and slamming the Trans Am........

For the uninitiated, that's a 327cu.in (5.3-ish litre) Chevrolet Small Block, as mounted in a 1962 Corvette.

According to Wiki, there were around 14,500 built in '62 so that makes you a very lucky boy! Feel free to post a pic. Still got the Fulvia and 944?

Over to the stock US series now starting this Saturday...

Last edited:
According to Wiki, there were around 14,500 built in '62 so that makes you a very lucky boy! Feel free to post a pic. Still got the Fulvia and 944?

Yarp, still have the Fulvia and 944.

Where the Corvette lives for the moment (parents' garage):

On the day it was shipped from its last home:

Paint is a modern homage to the 1959 Nickey Chevrolet 'Purple People Eater' Corvette you can see and read about here.

Watched the replay following Tooma this time - Well done Tom!! You put up a great fight for half the race fending off serial podium finishers. Impressive stuff.

Thank you kindly Colin; nice to have ones efforts recognised. I do try just as hard in every race, hard to believe, I know, lol. The difference was, I was able to get some pace for a change - and it was great to be in the mix and having a go again - been a while. I really enjoyed those two races.

Thanks for your kind words guys!

Seconded Joe. Your many contributions to the enjoyment of all is very much understood and appreciated...what I was saying about the busy person - you are a good example of it. :)

Glad to hear your shoulder pain has eased up a little Al. You drove well and I'm sure it was helped by not having to grimace your way through the races.

I second this! I have been praying for your health to improve Al. :)

Yup, Tom was on it in both races. Must be something they put in the water where he bides..like whisky!

I'm rubbish at limericks but have 5 min...

Here goes, it's awful, 20 min later and this is all I've got, sorry Tom

There was an old geezer called Tam
Who would ride on the road with a wee dram
Not in his real Jag, you see
On GT6, for he
Enjoyed gaming and slamming the Trans Am........

"old geezer" hmmphh, get it right Joe, "auld geezer", and don't give up the day job, and, I'm just a boy - giving it all away.

Loving that Vet Venari. Good to see the rims in a real car painted to match the body; it's a smooth look I like, and I've used it in several of my V-cars - my Mini in the last races, eg.

Yarp, still have the Fulvia and 944.

Where the Corvette lives for the moment (parents' garage):

On the day it was shipped from its last home:

Paint is a modern homage to the 1959 Nickey Chevrolet 'Purple People Eater' Corvette you can see and read about here.

Enjoying your pics - keep em coming please.

Do you have Project Cars on PC anyone? Do you want to run it in VR for an amazing budget price? I have been trying these two aps out. Still tinkering with it to get it running right, but look on YT - check out vids from MAN VS VR.

The aps you need are: Riftcat for your PC, and VRidge on your cellphone - available on Android and IOS. Riftcat is a one-off payment of $15.00, and you also need just about any VR head unit for your cellphone - £20 to £30 depending on the model.

The system is still in development, but you can try before you buy. https://riftcat.com/vridge

Back