Reefer Madness: Power Through the Noughties Sat 10:30pm UK time from 8th April

• Thread starter reefer
  • 235 comments
How could I have missed the post :banghead: 🤬:banghead: 🤬 apologies for late sign in same #22 for Tom_Ascar
Looking at the time table sorry guys I will not be able to race Week 2 :bowdown: I'm not home that week-end

NEWS: Week 2 on the calendar swapped with week 3.

ORIGINAL:
*****WEEK 2: 15th April*****
Race 1
: '02 Tom_Ascar / SRT Viper GTS / SS / Daytona Road
Race 2: '03 gu1tar3rich / Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro / SH / Brands Hatch GP

*****WEEK 3: 22nd April*****
Race 1: '04 Fadmad / Acura NSX '04 / CS / Tokyo R246
Race 2: '05 joe / Nissan GT-R Proto / SS / Nordschieife

UPDATED PLAN:
*****WEEK 2: 15th April*****
Race 1: '04 Fadmad / Acura NSX '04 / CS / Tokyo R246
Race 2: '05 joe / Nissan GT-R Proto / SS / Nordschieife

*****WEEK 3: 22nd April*****
Race 1: '02 Tom_Ascar / SRT Viper GTS / SS / Daytona Road
Race 2: '03 gu1tar3rich / Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro / SH / Brands Hatch GP

Will change post #1 later - been nothing but work lately...

This season Full participation Is that okay?

Ibu-san, it would be great if you could join us, however, 16 drivers have signed up already which means it's full. I'll put your name on the Reserve Drivers list.

Because we have a Reserve driver, if anyone can't manage a week, could you please let us know. IBu-san usually gets up at 6:30am to race with us so it would really help him out.

Because we have a Reserve driver, if anyone can't manage a week, could you please let us know. Ibu-san usually gets up at 6:30am to race with us so it would really help him out.
Since Ibu-san would like to compete in every race it might be better to let him have my place and I can just join when and where I can - as a reserve. I don't mind and it would make sense since I'm probably not going to be able to attend all the races. Go ahead and make it so. 👍

There's usually the inevitable free space anyway.

Last edited:
Since IBu-san would like to compete in every race it might be better to let him have my place and I can just join when and where I can - as a reserve. I don't mind and it would make sense since I'm probably not going to be able to attend all the races. Go ahead and make it so. 👍

There's usually the inevitable free space anyway.

Thanks Paul.

I'll add Ibu-san to the list and put Paul to Reserve. (Ibu-san, you are included in the main list of 16 drivers. That means you have to get up early!)

Hi, I won't be able to attend the round 2 races, so if anyone wants my place there, work away.

Thanks for letting us know Slant.

@footieclarkey - set your power limiter at 94% for starters and let's see how you go.

Ibu-san, it would be great if you could join us, however, 16 drivers have signed up already which means it's full. I'll put your name on the Reserve Drivers list.

Because we have a Reserve driver, if anyone can't manage a week, could you please let us know. IBu-san usually gets up at 6:30am to race with us so it would really help him out.[/QUOTE]

I got it

Wk.1 R1 - Tooma's Pick
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 TOURING CAR / SS / Silverstone GP Circuit / @88% / 2:05.5
I'm at 2'07.8 at the moment on the DualShock 3.
Wk.1 R2 - Suts' Pick
Honda Civic Type R (EP, EU) / CS / Cape Ring Periphery / @88% / 1:56.628
I've done a 1'57.0, again with the DS3.

I can't test out the wheel as I can't easily find my power adapter and I can't go digging around for it due to my recent medical woes, so I may have to drive for a couple of weeks on the pad.

I'm at 2'07.8 at the moment on the DualShock 3.
I've done a 1'57.0, again with the DS3.

I can't test out the wheel as I can't easily find my power adapter and I can't go digging around for it due to my recent medical woes, so I may have to drive for a couple of weeks on the pad.

As your 1'57.0 is very quick, let's keep you at 88% for now. We'll never get it perfect for each combo but as long as the car in front presents a challenge - which means you'll have to be checking your mirrors too - then we should be in for some close racing. (We can assess the power limiter percentages as we go.)

@ibuking39500 please set your power limiter to 88%

Suts, I did 5 or so laps yesterday in the Civic and it was a lot of fun! Quite a contrast from the first race in the TVR.

UPDATE: qualifying will now be set to 15 min, race together, starting from the pits:tup:

Hi Reefer and Reeferistas. I'm intrigued, and most of the cars on the list tweak my GT Buds. I'd like to be an enthusiastic reserve if I may. 150% would do me fine, thanks.

Cheers, Zo.

(No 32, and metallic gunmetal 04 [which doesn't look at all like a gun] please.)

Hi Reefer and Reeferistas. I'm intrigued, and most of the cars on the list tweak my GT Buds. I'd like to be an enthusiastic reserve if I may. 150% would do me fine, thanks.

Cheers, Zo.

(No 32, and metallic gunmetal 04 [which doesn't look at all like a gun] please.)

Certainly Zo, it would be a pleasure to catch up again. I'll add your name to the reserve list. Let me have a think about your power limiter figure and I'll come back to you.

Men of Speed, please be in the room and ready to go 15 minutes before start time - that's 10:15pm UK time (start at 10:30). This will ensure we have a timely start. Please have both cars oiled and ready to go to avoid leaving the room and upsetting the starting order for the second race.

WEEK 2: Slant and Tom Ascar (mgo) can't manage week 2, therefore, Paul and Zo, you're ON boys (if you can manage).
WEEK 3: Fad is on chef duties and can't manage, so, Paul, you're ON again mate.

Except that, I think we have a full grid each week. However, if anyone can't manage a week, please let us know as doing so really helps out the reserves.

Remember to practice with your power limiter set to the right level (see post #1)!

Zo, your penchant for speed means we'll need to set your power limiter at 88%. As mentioned if you and Paul are free on week 2, please come along. As it stands for week 3, we have one spot, and as Mr IfAndOr had his name down first we'll offer the place to him.

We've still got three days left until our first race, which means I've still got enough time to introduce this:

HELP THE RESERVES
"LIKE" THIS POST IF YOU INTEND TO RACE WITH US THIS WEEKEND
(DEADLINE 10:30AM SATURDAY MORNING, UK TIME)

Each Sunday I'll make a post asking those who intend to join the next race to "Like" the post. If you can't manage along to the race then don't "Like" the post. If you haven't hit the "Like" button 24 hours in advance of the race ie 10:30pm on Friday night UK time, then your spot will be offered to the racer(s) on the Reserve List

Re this weekend's race: 12 hours before the race is the deadline. So, please "Like" THIS post before 10:30am UK time on (Saturday morning) if you intend to race with us. Sixteen drivers have signed up, do we get 15 "Likes" (I can't like my own post!) on this message to confirm their attendance? Implementing this will really help out the guys on the reserve list:tup:

Note to Ibu-san: This Sunday morning the race starts at 6:30am Japan time.​

Joe, i will not be able to participate on the first race, and maybe on the whole series.

I am almost sure i will be moving out next week. My PS3 is coming with me, but the place where i am going has a horrible connection. So i don't want to be that guy who mess the whole room with a crappy internet.

You can put me on the reserve list for now and i will let you know what are my future intentions, but i am afraid there will be no more online racing for me in a while, sadly.

Thanks for your effort on making these exciting series come together, and i will miss racing with you guys a lot.

we'll need to set your power limiter at 88%

Aye aye Captain.

So, please "Like" THIS post before 10:30am UK time on (Saturday morning) if you intend to race with us. Sixteen drivers have signed up, do we get 15 "Likes" (I can't like my own post!) on this message to confirm their attendance? Implementing this will really help out the guys on the reserve list:tup:

I think I know the answer to this question already, but I'd like to confirm. As a reserve, I don't 'like' the post, but it is my responsibility to watch the thread and confirm that I am going to join, if a vacancy pops up?

Cheers, Zo.

Ah, I'm having issues. My system freezes once every 20 minutes when I'm playing. Haven't tried GT6 yet but I may have to race as a reserve.

Hullo there,

If possible, I'd also like to sign up as a reserve. I am available I believe during all the weekends, I'm willing to be on stand-by for any late unavailability by one of the racers. I can't believe I haven't ever been a part of this group, except for the very last one! Oh well. I will also likely be one of the 88 percenters, based on the list of familiar names I see. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks for your message Leo and John. I was really looking forward to racing with you guys too. I'll add you both to the reserve list. The number of full-timers is now 14 which means we have 2 spaces. The first full-time space has been offered to IfAndOr, but he would prefer to stay on the reserve list as he can't guarantee regular attendance. So space No.15 will be offered to Zo. Would you like to be included in the pool of 16 regulars Zo?

If so, that would still leave one full-time space. So...

Hullo there,

If possible, I'd also like to sign up as a reserve. I am available I believe during all the weekends, I'm willing to be on stand-by for any late unavailability by one of the racers. I can't believe I haven't ever been a part of this group, except for the very last one! Oh well. I will also be one of the 88 percenters, based on the list of familiar names I see. Thanks!

Thanks for getting in touch Longbow. Would you like the last regular spot? Again, if so, that would bring the list back up to 16 again. Yes, 88% seems about right looking at your results in Zo's championship.

That would mean Paul, Leo, John and injured Al are our reserves.

If the above is good for Zo and Longbow then it still leaves this:

WEEK 2: Slant and Tom Ascar (mgo) can't manage week 2, therefore two spaces are available for our reserves.
WEEK 3: Fad can't manage, so one space is available for a reserve.

Again, assuming the above suits Zo and Longbow then we have this:

1st reserve: Paul
2nd reserve: Leo
3rd reserve: John
4th reserve: injured Al

I'll await confirmation that Zo and Longbow can join the list of regulars before offering out the Week 2 and 3 spaces to the reserves. If you can manage lads, please drop a quick message here and "Like" post #49 above.

Phew.

Was there an easier way to say all of that?

(ps. Leo and John, hope you both get your connection issues sorted out.)

Great Zo, I'll add your name to the list of regulars. Having a nosey around, and to keep you interested, please revise your power limiter settings to 89%.

Same for Longbow, you may be the quickest of all so please set your power limiter to 87%.

This may be a good time to mention what we are all about/trying to achieve here: A close, fair race where going for the TROPHY is not the goal (unlike Zo's 'ship). The Madness Series has actually turned out a little tongue and cheek since it's inception. (Sick must have known what he was doing with all the advice he kindly gave me.) We're more about giving a little space to the guy beside on corner exit etc than we are about squeezing out the win. Re track limits: two wheels on the track at all times (white line counts as the track edge) but, again, we won't enforce it unless someone gets silly. It always pleases me to see some drivers on replay giving a little back (lifting off the gas) if they've nibbled a corner too much. So, we're less about living up to the madness name and being strict, and more into hard but fair racing, giving space etc. And with this championship, we're trying to use the power limiter for close(r) racing. Might be a disaster with 16 cars all fighting for the same bit of turf, but at the same time it might just bring out the best in the crew. Forget the trophy 'cos there ain't one and concentrate on putting a smile on the guy's face you're running centimetres from. That way we're all winners. That's what the madness is all about. With Zo (and hopefully LBX in full time) the field is looking tasty. Real shame about Leo and John tho!!

I was watching this earlier on. Good fun.

Thanks for getting in touch Longbow. Would you like the last regular spot? Again, if so, that would bring the list back up to 16 again. Yes, 88% seems about right looking at your results in Zo's championship.

Absolutely! That would be great. I've liked post #49 as well.

I don't think I'll break the power-limiter system too much @Zolon32 . If so, well...it can always be lower. :lol: We'll see.

EDIT: I see it now has been set lower! I'm quite alright with that. 87% it is.

Back