Reefer Madness: Stock US Classics Sat 10:30pm UK time Feb 11

• Thread starter reefer
  • 213 comments

What track should be run the GT40 at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello.

I'm Famine and I'm an alcoholic a rather lapsed online racer, due to pressures of time. I've decided to make time and, as of Easter, I'll be trying to rejoin the fray. But finding a decent and largely fair series that's also fun is... maddeningly difficult.

A rather good friend of mine who, handily, likes pretty much the same things I do and is broadly comparable on the basis of pace, says that this is the place to be.

Got space for a small one?

Hello.

I'm Famine and I'm an alcoholic a rather lapsed online racer, due to pressures of time. I've decided to make time and, as of Easter, I'll be trying to rejoin the fray. But finding a decent and largely fair series that's also fun is... maddeningly difficult.

A rather good friend of mine who, handily, likes pretty much the same things I do and is broadly comparable on the basis of pace, says that this is the place to be.

Got space for a small one?
Hi :cheers: i'm not the King of the club, but i know there is always room for a clean and fun driver, Joe the club king, runs event over 4 to 6 weeks, always good fun and clean race :cheers: he look out for All his drivers og use alot of test time to set Up a super race event for All:gtpflag::cheers::gtpflag: if you think you like something like that. IT Will be a club of good times :gtpflag::cheers::gtpflag: All i can say :gtpflag::cheers::gtpflag:

Hi Famine, I think the madness crew is a bunch of boy racers who are a menace to other road users and you'd be advised to stay well away!

Easy going probably sums us up. We try hard but we won't break another's leg doing it. So, if that fits with what you're after, feel free to join us anytime.

NEWS: We'll be looking to shake up the next event running the faster drivers on a reduced power limiter for closer racing - more info coming soon.

No racing this weekend lads, catch you all next weekend for Spa and Venari's track.

EDIT: The link for Venari's track is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/lakeside-motor-circuit.3555/

Last edited:
Not sure if you've thought of it Joe (@reefer), but to save having to remake the room (and loosing the grid order) you may need to run the custom track first*. Not a big deal but it would save a bit of messing about.

* I think you can use a normal track after a custom track but not the other way around. I could be wrong though - it's been awhile!

Not sure if you've thought of it Joe (@reefer), but to save having to remake the room (and loosing the grid order) you may need to run the custom track first*. Not a big deal but it would save a bit of messing about.

* I think you can use a normal track after a custom track but not the other way around. I could be wrong though - it's been awhile!

Thanks Paul. It appears, either way, we'll have to open a new room. @Famine, if you're back in action, you're welcome to come along next weekend for Mark's Lakeside track:tup:

Spa and Lakeside up tonight in the penultimate weekend of the US Stock Classics series.

The word on the street is that tyre wear will be uneven in the GT40 due to the rule of having SH front and SM rear, so handling may get tricky towards the end of the race. Also, it's easy to exceed track limits at Spa, and if you do, just give a little back by lifting off the accelerator for a second. Also, if you find yourself off the track in one of the runoff areas, be careful when rejoining.

R2 will be at Venari's track in the Cougar. I'll need to open a new room for that.

Things to remember:
  • untuned room
  • oil your car
  • SH front / SM rear for the GT40 (everyone)
  • SS in the Cougar
  • room open 1 hour before the race
I've not been on ps3 all week so it should be good to catch up again:tup:

Hi Joe

I was really looking forward to tonight's racing but I doubt I'll make it now.
I've been invited out to an old colleagues party tonight and couldn't say no.
I'll miss the rest of your championship, as I'm busy next Saturday too.

I practiced as well!

Have fun tonight and hope you guys have a great race and a close end to a brilliant championship.

Looking forward to the naughties.

:cheers:

Qualifying - Spa - GT40 - SH/SM - Stock & Oil 529pp

quali.jpg

Spa Race Results

spa.jpg

Lakeside Race Results

cougar.jpg

"Man" of the Meet: Ibuking39500. Great "Madness" debut, raced hard and was untouchable in the first race. Well done!

Another fine meet chaps. Big respect to all for trying hard to take Eau Rouge clean in the GT40. It wasn't difficult but it certainly wasn't easy and I know I struggled a bit there.

Ibu-san, you are the future of racing. As a fourteen-year-old kid (I'm an old man so I'm allowed to say that), you held your own against seasoned racers. In fact, you beat us cleanly and fairly and I have only praise for you. If that is your natural pace/speed then I expect big things from you in the future.

R2 was good fun, very close at times with plenty of action. Tooma, some great battles mate for a good number of laps and it seems that you were in the thick of it quite a lot elsewhere too! You carried just enough pace to make any ducking-down-the-inside moves risky and I eventually had to "wait" until you succumbed to the bump throwing your car a bit sideways. Unlucky mate. Fad too, when your luck comes, it will come in spades. Also, apologies to Tom_A (again) for the taps on the bum. Trying to judge braking points of others who haven't spent much time there was real tricky. Anyway, I loved the Lakeside, one of the only Andalusian tracks I like.

Oh, and the Bandits have moved into second position 2 points ahead of Team Ecosse.

Al, I hope your shoulder is getting better.

As usual, I'm trying to follow the action in the video so apologies to anyone who wasn't included.

Championship Scores After 4 Meets (8 races)

1. joe 163
2. buybon 112
3. richy 107
4. fad 96
5. Tom_A 80
6. Venari 77
7. Leo 68
8. GarthTooma 62
9. suts 59
10. Slant 55
11. DC 43
11. Ibu-san 43
13. jammy 37
14. Quentin 34
15. IfAndOr 6
16. Al 6

Team Championship

1. Team TJ 225
2. The Lawnmower Bandits 173
3. Team Ecurie Ecosse 171
4. Team Rich/DC 150
5. The Beach Boys 130
6. Team Ven/Q 111
7. Slant (independent) 55
8. Ibu-san 43 (independent) 43
9. jammy (independent) 37
10. AJ racing 6
11. Hit or Miss (independent) 6

Last edited:
As I'll be absent and team Ecurie Ecosse only has @buybon355 in it, I wonder if someone else...
Ibu-san??:D
...would like to become an honorary Scot and join the team??
I can't face another Scottish defeat like we had this weekend!! And living in England I haven't heard the end of it!!!

Good racing all
:cheers:

Thanks all again it was a nice racing last Saturday :cheers:
First race I was doing great till I did stupid Ascar and run off track by my self :banghead::banghead::banghead: think I'm gona kick me out of my GT friend list lol
With the cougar unfortunately I had not enough time to practice but the race was really funny

The final meet of the Stock US Classics is coming up this weekend. R1 is the 1954 C1 at Autumn Ring and I'd like to make qualifying 15 minutes, Race Together starting from the pits. Also, there's almost no tyre wear so I think changing it from "Normal" to "Fast" might make it more interesting. Any thoughts? R2 is the Red Devil at Indy Speedway.

And while I'm here, the Driver's Pick naughty cars spiel is up. Feel free to sign up on the thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...es-sat-10-30pm-uk-time-from-8th-april.354395/

- joe

Hi Famine, I think the madness crew is a bunch of boy racers who are a menace to other road users and you'd be advised to stay well away!

Easy going probably sums us up. We try hard but we won't break another's leg doing it. So, if that fits with what you're after, feel free to join us anytime.

NEWS: We'll be looking to shake up the next event running the faster drivers on a reduced power limiter for closer racing - more info coming soon.

No racing this weekend lads, catch you all next weekend for Spa and Venari's track.

EDIT: The link for Venari's track is here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/lakeside-motor-circuit.3555/

I'm going to try and make it to at least one of the races today. I've got both cars ready and have even spent a little time practising - although I did spend much longer choosing the colours. You've got to look the part after all.

Maybe see you later.

Joe is up very early I see!

Back