• Thread starter screp RC
  • 183 comments
circuito-de-la-sierra_6-4-jpg.555441
*drums*
Volkswagen-GTI-Supersport-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Gr.B-Rally-Car3.jpg

*drums*
Volkswagen-GTI-Supersport-Vision-Gran-Turismo-Gr.B-Rally-Car3.jpg

Darn, forgot all about that one...
I was too caught up in the rush of it all..!!!

However, a livery of some sort would be nice - you know, numbers, colour scheme, sponsors...

Last edited:
Darn, forgot all about that one...
I was too caught up in the rush of it all..!!!

However, a livery of some sort would be nice - you know, numbers, colour scheme, sponsors...
Pretty sure you can do that yourself now

I have genuine concerns about the rally experience in GTS.
The new cars will not matter if we get the same rally experience that we got in GT5 and GT6.
We need point to point stages. No more full grids starting at the same time. The wall of dust or snow makes it impossible to be fast and clean.
A simple timer would do. 16 people in a room, stagger each racers starting time by 1-2 mins. You'll have clear vision and a clear track. It's you against the clock. The way it should be.

It's gotta be done right this time.

Also, I can't stop looking at that 'Stang' and not be impressed at how sexy it is!

Why not just use the real Group B cars? a few have been in GT before in standard form, so why not just make them into premium or "super premium" and have proper group B rally cars in GT Sport?

Why not just use the real Group B cars? a few have been in GT before in standard form, so why not just make them into premium or "super premium" and have proper group B rally cars in GT Sport?
GTS is more focused in modern cars, doesn't mean all the rooster will be modern, but the old Gr.B cars probably will not be at GTS. Besides, the PD builds are made following FIA specifications. On GT7, they probably return

GTS is more focused in modern cars, doesn't mean all the rooster will be modern, but the old Gr.B cars probably will not be at GTS. Besides, the PD builds are made following FIA specifications. On GT7, they probably return

But the fake group B cars can't be made to FIA specifications either since they don't have a group B rally class.

But the fake group B cars can't be made to FIA specifications either since they don't have a group B rally class.
Maybe PD used the old specifications from the real Group B, or the FIA and PD made new specifications following today's WRC specifications. We don't know, I'm saying it basing on the Gr. 3 /Gr. 1 cars, that follows the FIA specifications of each class (GT3-Gr.3/GT1-LMPs-Gr.1)

The Gr.3 cars based on real cars might be but the Gr.1 and Gr.3 VGTs most certainly are not.

The VGT's are running alongside the LMP1's and GT3's at equal pace and the performance is matched. that's within this game's specifications for each individual group. Some may not like the designs or the fact that they are included in the game, but that doesn't deny the fact they are within GT Sport's regulations.

The VGT's are running alongside the LMP1's at equal pace and the performance is matched. that's within this game's specifications for each individual group.

Never claimed otherwise, he said they were following FIA specifications. They might have done with the power, weight etc which are easy to set but definitely not with the body shapes.

Never claimed otherwise, he said they were following FIA specifications. They might have done with the power, weight etc which are easy to set but definitely not with the body shapes.

It's a video game without a proper damage model that affects roll cages or five-point harnesses. I think they are allowed to take some artistic licences for the sake of keeping them looking like they did in GT6

It's a video game without a proper damage model that affects roll cages or five-point harnesses. I think they are allowed to take some artistic licences for the sake of keeping them looking like they did in GT6

This:

Besides, the PD builds are made following FIA specifications

Is either true or it isn't. It isn't, for the VGT based cars. That's all I'm saying, no matter what the reason.

This:

Is either true or it isn't. It isn't, for the VGT based cars. That's all I'm saying, no matter what the reason.

FIA specs for real life, or for the video game? If it was real life then the only VGT's that would really count are the Mazda, Lexus, Bugatti, Alpine and Toyota, but if the regulations are made specifically for the game then any car at all could be included in any category VGT or otherwise

FIA specs for real life, or for the video game? If it was real life then the only VGT's that would really count are the Mazda, Lexus, Bugatti, Alpine and Toyota, but if the regulations are made specifically for the game then any car at all could be included in any category VGT or otherwise

girabyt3 was obviously talking about real life specifications, there is no such thing as FIA specifications for games. He's saying the cars follow FIA specifications for GT3, LMP etc. As I say, the Gr.3 cars based on real life cars like the Alfa and Jaguar could hypothetically become GT3 cars but the VGT, definitely not. None of them. Wrong engines, wrong power delivery, wrong aero parts, wrong shape, one is missing a roof and so on.

girabyt3 was obviously talking about real life specifications, there is no such thing as FIA specifications for games. He's saying the cars follow FIA specifications for GT3, LMP etc. As I say, the Gr.3 cars based on real life cars like the Alfa and Jaguar could hypothetically become GT3 cars but the VGT, definitely not. None of them. Wrong engines, wrong power delivery, wrong aero parts, wrong shape, one is missing a roof and so on.

Most GT3s in GT6 were making around 580-590pp, in GT Sport the 458 GT3 is pushing upwards of 621, so it is possible the GR.3's regulations do not mirror real GT3 rule books 100% accurately

From what I recall of the information during the Copper Box event was that the Group 3 cars are built to FIA GT3 specifications, but nothing was said about the other 'classes'. It's likely that something was lost in translation though, they could just be built to match GT3 car specs. Similar to how the Renault RS.01 has ran in GT races alongside fully fledged GT3 spec cars in real life.

Most GT3s in GT6 were making around 580-590pp, in GT Sport the 458 GT3 is pushing upwards of 621, so it is possible the GR.3's regulations do not mirror real GT3 rule books 100% accurately
To be fair, GT3 spec cars are a bit faster than they were a few years ago when GT6 came out. Though sometimes Polyphony Digital add in the 'de-restricted' car specs, I believe in previous games some of the Group C cars were in their qualifying engine mode.

Last edited:

Ok? Where are you going with this? If the VGT Gr.1 and Gr.3 cars existed they would not be homologated as GT3 or LMP-x cars, they were not created to real life specification, end of.

Perhaps there is intended significance in calling the class Gr.3 and not GT3.

Yes, because not all cars are GT3 specification. Exactly what I'm saying.

Ok? Where are you going with this?

I thought you were saying that you didn't want VGTs in your Gran Turismo Sport because they didn't look or act exactly like real life GT3 cars.

I'm trying to say that GR.3 is not the same as GT3, so it shouldn't matter if VGTs are permitted or not. Some might not like concept cars, but I'm personally fine with all of them except the Peugeot and VW.

Last edited:
If it's these cars that are to compete in the Championship over-seen by the FIA, then my only criteria is that the cars perform equally.
(I don't mean carbon copy performance, but very good BoP)
Whether someone wishes to drive the Ferrari GT3 or the open top VW VGT, it makes no difference to me.

I thought you were saying that you didn't want VGTs in your Gran Turismo Sport because they didn't look or act exactly like real life GT3 cars.

I'm trying to say that GR.3 is not the same as GT3, so it shouldn't matter if VGTs are permitted or not. Some might not like concept cars, but I'm personally fine with all of them except the Peugeot and VW.

I've no idea how you came to that conclusion. I was making what I thought was a simple point that the VGT based race cars were not created to FIA specification, as was suggested. My opinion of whether they should be there at all didn't come into it.

I've no idea how you came to that conclusion. I was making what I thought was a simple point that the VGT based race cars were not created to FIA specification, as was suggested. My opinion of whether they should be there at all didn't come into it.

Your initial argument was that VGT cars were not built for FIA's specifications and therefore should not be legal for competition. Do you know what regulations they are not complying with? GR.3 may not be the same as GT3, so I don't get why you think they aren't legal.
If you do believe GR.3 is the same as GT3 in real life, where are your sources?

Last edited:
Your initial argument was that VGT cars were not built for FIA's specifications

Correct.

and therefore should not be legal for competition.

Never said that. I said hypothetically if they existed they wouldn't be homologated.

Do you know what regulations they are not complying with? GR.3 may not be the same as GT3, so I don't get why you think they aren't legal.

They do not fit the GT3 and various LMP regulations for various reasons, I'm not going to list them all. Of course they fit the Gr3 regulations, it's a fictional grouping.

Correct.

Never said that. I said hypothetically if they existed they wouldn't be homologated.

They do not fit the GT3 and various LMP regulations for various reasons, I'm not going to list them all. Of course they fit the Gr3 regulations, it's a fictional grouping.

Well yeah, nobody's going to go drive an art concept in a real competition.

Back