Reimagined Group B Rally Cars

• Thread starter screp RC
  • 183 comments
Interesting what happened here due to my post, again, I was just guessing according to my point of view made from the races of London and Japan, if I had any sources I would say easily "All GTS's rooster is following an specific FIA regulation due to the partnership" and create a flame war, but again, maybe PD is really following the real FIA specifications for all the groups, or they created their own, I don't know. Obviously we need a proof. If GTS will be at E3, someone maybe will ask if all the cars follows a specific regulation. But until that happens, I was just guessing...

So I've just spent an age trying to work this out.
And I've come up blank. :nervous:
From what I can tell there are no specific car regulations for GT3.
No dimension limits, engine limits, wing sizes, weight, etc.
It's all about BoP and homologation.
(Reference being 'appendix j article 257a - technical regulations for cup grand touring cars group gt3' on the FIA website)
eg.
" Rear aerodynamic device.
The FIA GT Committee reserves the right to adjust the characteristics of the rear aerodynamic device (wing) of any car in order to maintain the balance of performance between the cars."

The FIA reserves the right to adjust everything it seems.

There is a list of homolgated cars, which no surprise there was no VGT's.

But ...
"The race cars featured in Gran Turismo Sport are classified into categories based on real-world motorsports and tweaked to provide equal conditions during competition.

For example, Group 3 is based on the real-world GT3 class, which includes FIA-approved machines such as the Audi R8 LMS, McLaren 650S and Renault Sport R.S. 01 GT3. It also includes cars like the Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo, Subaru WRX and the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 that have all been customised by Gran Turismo to meet GT3 specifications. This allows race fans who've always wanted to see GT3 versions of their favourite cars compete with others on the track.

In modifying these machines, actual vehicle regulations were taken into account, including everything from the wing and front spoilers to the steering wheel and instrument panel."
http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gtsport/original_cars/

So help me out here.
While I had a bit of fun chasing this up, surely I'm missing something.

So I've just spent an age trying to work this out.
And I've come up blank. :nervous:
From what I can tell there are no specific car regulations for GT3.
No dimension limits, engine limits, wing sizes, weight, etc.
It's all about BoP and homologation.
(Reference being 'appendix j article 257a - technical regulations for cup grand touring cars group gt3' on the FIA website)
eg.
" Rear aerodynamic device.
The FIA GT Committee reserves the right to adjust the characteristics of the rear aerodynamic device (wing) of any car in order to maintain the balance of performance between the cars."

The FIA reserves the right to adjust everything it seems.

There is a list of homolgated cars, which no surprise there was no VGT's.

But ...
"The race cars featured in Gran Turismo Sport are classified into categories based on real-world motorsports and tweaked to provide equal conditions during competition.

For example, Group 3 is based on the real-world GT3 class, which includes FIA-approved machines such as the Audi R8 LMS, McLaren 650S and Renault Sport R.S. 01 GT3. It also includes cars like the Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo, Subaru WRX and the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 that have all been customised by Gran Turismo to meet GT3 specifications. This allows race fans who've always wanted to see GT3 versions of their favourite cars compete with others on the track.

In modifying these machines, actual vehicle regulations were taken into account, including everything from the wing and front spoilers to the steering wheel and instrument panel."
http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gtsport/original_cars/

So help me out here.
While I had a bit of fun chasing this up, surely I'm missing something.

Nope you're correct, GT3 doesn't have many technical regulations just a lot of safety regulations but the FIA do slow the faster cars down so their lap times compare with the others. So a manufacturer can build a car that's 20mph faster than the others but the FIA will restrict it before it's granted entry, same goes for downforce if that's the reason the car is quicker than the others. How they do it I'm not sure, restrictors, extra weight, I've no idea.

Huh.
I don't get to see much GT3 here in Oz.
So it not something I've taken notice of.

I assumed I could take a look and easily put this to bed.
Wasn't to be.
I know it's only virtual, so it's unique in that sense.
But interesting none the less.

If PD makes a Gr3 Mustang, that thing will look mean! I know we have the rally car, so I don't see why a Gr3 wouldn't be a possibility. :dopey:
upload_2016-6-10_13-44-1-png.556925

upload_2016-6-10_13-48-21-png.556929

upload_2016-6-10_13-49-39-png.556931

Either PD knows you well, or you know PD well xD
I know PD well. :lol:
The 2nd one xD

I don't find the fantasy and concept cars plausible. Most seem to offer far better performance for a similar PP or power/weight ratio compared to real life cars; even cars like the road-going RX8 or GT86 concepts were real giant-killers. What's wrong with picking a real-life racing car against other racing cars anyway?
Because I personally hate how it looks seeing a grid of pure racing vehicles and one street car with a billion horsepower and everything. It just ruins it, imo.

That is more a demonstration of morons who can't drive properly than what they're driving.
That's 50% of GT's Fan Base
Mustang Drivers from the USA..... :D :D

ffzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............... plop!

GTS is more focused in modern cars, doesn't mean all the rooster will be modern, but the old Gr.B cars probably will not be at GTS. Besides, the PD builds are made following FIA specifications. On GT7, they probably return
15wirf.jpg

Ayyyyyy, guess what?

Yeah, who saw that coming, huh? Such a waste. I rather hope they have more in store for rally than stuff like Fisherman's Wharf with it's bland scenery and PS1 style concrete barriers on top of what I said.

Surprised PD have a WRC licence and couldn't just copy some layouts from previous games. Isn't WRC 6 oitbnow? PD *hint hint*

Back