Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
I see the Tweet is from Ford themselves and not Turn 10.

They've not said anything yet..

Still time I guess, They aren't always on time with these things :P

T10 never usually announce things this early. It should come in an hour or two.

Me waiting for announcement
1464920163262.png

Forza Racing Championship, What the hell is that? I guess it could be somewhat of a response to GTS? I'm intrigued, we need a new thread for this!

Edit: I should probably curve my enthusiasm, I think I'm beginning to sound like Forza's Ten D... No good.

Last edited:
So we will probably be waiting for a week to get the code 👎

Probably not, considering the earlier social media stuff from Ford specifically mentioned today.

My guess is they want to get this out now, before it gets lost in the E3 craziness. It's hard to cover the biggest gaming convention of the year while also having a tie-in to one of the biggest motoring events, that also happens to start within the same week. :lol:

I expected the Ford to appear in a car pack trailer, which free cars have done in the past. Now that the Ford has its own trailer, no car pack I'd assume.

I expected the Ford to appear in a car pack trailer, which free cars have done in the past. Now that the Ford has its own trailer, no car pack I'd assume.

I can only assume it means something is being saved for E3, to be made available at the same time they showcase this new mystery game.

It'd be nice of T10 to introduce the Centenario in FM6. I remember they took a similar approach back in the lead-up to FH1: the then-new Viper, cover star of FH1, came to FM4 as a free promotional thing. I recognize the argument that cross-sharing all the cars between the two franchises gives the newer game less of a USP, but something small is a nice nod to the players that stick around.

Grrr, dammit Turn 10! I know they probably want to save up whatever they have in store for E3, but it's so frustrating to me whenever they do something like this. Hold a dlc pack until 2 weeks in.

I can only assume it means something is being saved for E3, to be made available at the same time they showcase this new mystery game.

It'd be nice of T10 to introduce the Centenario in FM6. I remember they took a similar approach back in the lead-up to FH1: the then-new Viper, cover star of FH1, came to FM4 as a free promotional thing. I recognize the argument that cross-sharing all the cars between the two franchises gives the newer game less of a USP, but something small is a nice nod to the players that stick around.

I can understand your reasoning but the SRT Viper was specifically announced for FM4 (http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_4_6_12), It was even part of the official unveiling at the New York Auto Show and later chosen as the cover car for FH1. The bond with Forza Motorsport was much stronger compared to the star of FH2, the Huracan. But never say never, so we'll wait and see what happens with the Centenario.

On a side note, the lack of a car pack announcement today was really surprising. I was sure there would have been one.

I can't see them saving a monthly car pack for E3. These are too frequent to be considered anything special, unless free of course. I think E3 is a time for special treats and we cannot rule out such a thing yet. Pacific Raceways randomly appeared in yesterday's RVM. That probably means nothing despite a few rumblings. Honestly though, I can see why they would close off FM6 with the Ford GTLM and then focus PR activities on the new Forza game when properly announced.

On a side note, the lack of a car pack announcement today was really surprising. I was sure there would have been one.

Yes, first Tuesdays have been pretty consistent delivering.

Last edited:
Update from Turn 10:
"Beginning today codes for the 2016 #66 Ford GT Le Mans race car in Forza Motorsport 6 will be sent via Xbox Live messages to gamers who play Forza Motorsport 6. [NOTE: Due to the large number of codes to be sent, it could take up to seven days for players to receive their code]."

Edit: I see they've changed their description.

Back