Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
280861-1000-0.jpg

Think about it: There's never been a driveable RV in a Forza game, and there are already a couple of GMCs in FM6... :D

Whenever I see that RV; this is what I think of:
latest

For people that don't know, it's the RV known from the "Ben 10" cartoon. It's called the Rustbucket and it has many gadgets. Mainly for defense against evil aliens.

Aw yes 60fps is a must on car games, and i dont think my sony bravia has that function, but will have a look thanks..

Well, my Bravia doesn't either though there's something called Cinema Drive that *allegedly* makes movies judder-free. I haven't noticed a difference, frankly. With 30 fps games, maybe.. just maybe, they appear a bit smoother, but you lose a tiny fraction of motion detail.

Try this: turn on backlight sensor, kill the lights, play in a completely dark room, and adjust the backlight manually only up to a level where you can view the game's brightness/contrast properly but the screen's illumination is still relatively dim. This makes 24 fps movies and 30 fps games very smooth due to how the human eye perceives frames in a completely dark room.

Hi all, I hope you're well :)

I treated myself to a Logitech G920 wheel and pedal set yesterday :D

Its great. Simply plug and play on the X1 and FM6 feels epic. A bit more
fiddly setting it up up for pc but once done, its done

A real bargain at <£180 I reckon 👍

Awesome! Finally you can throw cars around corners as hard as you want!

Hey guys, as ive only had an xbox one a week, i got it with forza 6, and i just picked up forza 5 cheap, is it worth updating to the massive 14 gb update it says, will take me forever that..:crazy:

Hey guys, as ive only had an xbox one a week, i got it with forza 6, and i just picked up forza 5 cheap, is it worth updating to the massive 14 gb update it says, will take me forever that..:crazy:

I think you;ll get three tracks among those updates, being the Nurb, Road America and another one that I can't remember. They're all in FM6 so I dunno up to you, I'm guessing that there would be quite a few big fixes too plus some free cars so yeah I'd say it is worth it.

So I am picking up FH2 soon too. This is THE real driving simulator I was looking for.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next. I will probably peek in on GT6 from time to time, but T10 can shut up and take my money!

Is it just me or are the passing challenges in the showcase nigh on impossible? I must have spent an hour trying to do the Ford GT one, to no avail...

Is it just me or are the passing challenges in the showcase nigh on impossible? I must have spent an hour trying to do the Ford GT one, to no avail...
They pretty much are. I race on unbeatable, and I have to turn the difficulty down to Expert to complete them. Even then I still have to restart a few times until I win.

They are actually the most fun I've had with the AI. I've done the Lotus 211 one, and I was chasing down the last few spots and barely managed to pass them on the last 4 laps playing on unbeatable. I had to absolutely nail the laps in order to catch up.

Absolutely. I'm echoing what @Fat Tyre said - you need it for those three tracks, one of which is the MOST beautiful representation of The Ring you'll ever see in a driving game, better than F6 even. Don't remember if there were any major fixes but yes, there's a couple of free cars and do get the Car Pass. It's very cheap now and a superb collection. The sound and faithful handling recreation on some of those will blow your socks off.

So I am picking up FH2 soon too. This is THE real driving simulator I was looking for.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next. I will probably peek in on GT6 from time to time, but T10 can shut up and take my money!

Er...the Horizon series are not simulators at all. Casual driving games, though with somewhat realistic physics borrowed from the FM games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are we cross-posting the hints for the pack in this thread when there's literally a dedicated place for it?

👎

(EDIT) All relevant discussion moved to appropriate thread.

Picked up the VIP pack for just £8 in the Ultimate Game Sale. I'll just top up the Xbox credit for the mystery DLC when I come back from vacation.

So there's an X class spec league and the car is the #11 McLaren M23 (stock). One problem, the #11 McLaren M23 is an R900 rated car. :confused:

Well, I'm going to be without my Xbox one for a while. Grrrr, I really don't like moving, but I'll still keep an eye out for the car packs.

I was doing a bit of rivals hotlapping a few minutes ago, and while I do consider myself a very, very casual gamer, I used to be pretty fast around Sonoma in FM4... so I went and bought a Mono, didn't mess with it at all, hopped in Rivals and ended up, first flying lap, in the top 1000 in the Americas. Some of you are most likely a lot faster, but to me that's an achievement... I'm pretty stoked and now I want to build something that's not a leaderboard car and go faster... :)

I was doing a bit of rivals hotlapping a few minutes ago, and while I do consider myself a very, very casual gamer, I used to be pretty fast around Sonoma in FM4... so I went and bought a Mono, didn't mess with it at all, hopped in Rivals and ended up, first flying lap, in the top 1000 in the Americas. Some of you are most likely a lot faster, but to me that's an achievement... I'm pretty stoked and now I want to build something that's not a leaderboard car and go faster... :)

Yeah, the Mono is so strong out of the box, it's no wonder you still see them all over the place online. I'm with you: it's so much more enjoyable building a non-LB car to be competitive. Even if you don't always win, a close race is far more fun, IMO. I had a rear-drive Mazdaspeed3 that was oddly competitive there in FM4, but I can't get a decent tune in either B or A in this game. :-/

Today's (July) content update

In addition to the Turn 10 Select Car Pack for Forza Motorsport 6, we have released the latest content update for Forza Motorsport 6. The focus of this content update has been on bringing three tracks in Forza Motorsport 6 back into competitive play – Monza, Catalunya, and Circuit of the Americas. The team at Turn 10 has worked to address numerous issues on all three of these tracks. For example, at Monza, the chicane at Turn 4 has been adjusted to more accurately distinguish between clean and dirty driving lines. In addition, the tire wall at Turn 4 has been moved to alter the driving line and better prevent corner cutting.

With the upcoming launch of the Forza Racing Championship, today’s content update for Forza Motorsport 6 represents the latest step in our ongoing commitment to make Forza 6 the home of competitive racing on Xbox. Forza fans will be seeing additional changes coming to the game, including in next month’s content update in August. Look for more details on the Forza Racing Championship soon and for details on future content updates in the weeks and months to come.

Back