Relaxed, General Forza 6 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 4,905 comments
I also just picked up an Xbone and FM6 a couple of weeks ago. After I started to get a grip of the physics (last game I'd played extensively was GTAV) I loved it. Big fan of the showcase events, you get shown such a wide variety of the amazing car list. I can't get over how many racing cars there are, both old and new. Best car list I've ever seen.

I also just picked up an Xbone and FM6 a couple of weeks ago. After I started to get a grip of the physics (last game I'd played extensively was GTAV) I loved it. Big fan of the showcase events, you get shown such a wide variety of the amazing car list. I can't get over how many racing cars there are, both old and new. Best car list I've ever seen.
Out of curiosity did you purchase the DLC already? Pretty sure there's going to be a few free DLC codes going around GTPlanet because of FRC.

No I haven't, I think I'll see how FH3 is and then decide which one to invest more money into.
I just missed the FRC by a few days, otherwise I would've been into it.
I'll keep an eye out for any code giveaways, thanks 👍

Is anyone able to help with some NASCAR road course tuning? I'm doing an online series and I won the first round at Daytona, but I'm terrible at tuning so I'm worried I'll lose my points lead for the next round :P

Is anyone able to help with some NASCAR road course tuning? I'm doing an online series and I won the first round at Daytona, but I'm terrible at tuning so I'm worried I'll lose my points lead for the next round :P
I don't know much about tuning, but I've read somewhere if you want get real good at NASCAR follow these steps.

1. Go real Fast.
2. Turn to the left sometimes.
3. Eat lots of Vagisil. :sly:

In all seriousness, the best thing to do may be just use the next track you're racing on as a keyword in the search while looking for tunes. You may be able to find some track specific tunes that way. Good luck. :cheers:

No I haven't, I think I'll see how FH3 is and then decide which one to invest more money into.
I just missed the FRC by a few days, otherwise I would've been into it.
I'll keep an eye out for any code giveaways, thanks 👍
If you need a code I have my season pass one right here, nobody that I know needs one so I could PM you it.

A beginner question.

Since there are quite a few car packs/dlc out there, does anyone know which one(s) are most worth buying? My eyes are already set on the Whistler Cougar XR7, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

A beginner question.

Since there are quite a few car packs/dlc out there, does anyone know which one(s) are most worth buying? My eyes are already set on the Whistler Cougar XR7, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.
To start with buy the car pass if you can. It's the first six monthly car packs (42 cars, whistler included) for 30 dollars. :)

Edit: and of course there is the Porsche expansion.

If you need a code I have my season pass one right here, nobody that I know needs one so I could PM you it.
Wow, thanks so much for the offer. I would feel bad if I don't end up having the time to put in to FM6 to make the most of it though, there could be someone else who would get more entertainment out of it.
Thanks a tonne for the offer though!

Wow, thanks so much for the offer. I would feel bad if I don't end up having the time to put in to FM6 to make the most of it though, there could be someone else who would get more entertainment out of it.
Thanks a tonne for the offer though!
Well, PM me if you change your mind.

I think each pack has at least 2-3 cars worth picking up, aside perhaps the Top Gear one, which was, to me, the weakest one. As far as which ones to go for, I think it all depends on what your preferences are. I ended up getting all of them and I don't regret it.

And I realised today we can create V8 Miatas and that's just perfect. :D

This is my first time using a wheel on Forza, I ran into a minor issue, when I start a new race, the last gear that I was in in the previous race is what Forza is using at the start of the next race, so if i finished the previous race in 5th gear, that's the gear I'm in at the next race. I'm using Fanatec Clubsport V2 with a Forza wheel, this doesn't happen in any other game. My current solution is to go into practice and set it into 1st the exit.

This is my first time using a wheel on Forza, I ran into a minor issue, when I start a new race, the last gear that I was in in the previous race is what Forza is using at the start of the next race, so if i finished the previous race in 5th gear, that's the gear I'm in at the next race. I'm using Fanatec Clubsport V2 with a Forza wheel, this doesn't happen in any other game. My current solution is to go into practice and set it into 1st the exit.

That's strange. I'm running a Fanatec as well and have had no issues like that. Have you tried a full power cycle of the system? I don't really know if it would help, but I also don't know what would be causing the problem.

In the skeem of things it's a minor issue to me, I have done all the firmware updates, other than that it's been a blast using the wheel.

Hey Guys. After one year i will be back soon on forza 6. While i was reading in forza 6 forums that with some patches things changed in that time.

1: why are these camers motion effects be outpatched??? Iam talking about in cockpit view at higher speed, the steering wheel and hands were shaking before beeing patched. Also in third perdon that warp speed effect at high speed is gone as it seems. That camera shaking. That sucks it deletes so much immersion :(. And before the patch it was realistic. Without the steering/hand shaking motion effect in cockpit at higher speeds or bumpy track it looks now so unrealistic. Like driving on ice. Why did they do that??? Also in horizon 3 the effect is also gone (in horizon 2 it was implemented).

2: ive read that there was a problem while ago with the ffb vibration on controller. Is it fixed now and feels like before on launch?

3: has the physic model been patched in some way.. like making it easier to drive in rain? Ive read crazy stuff

Ok I bought today Forza 6 given the "delay" of GT. I like it, everything is polished. The career mode seems huge and the AI is challenging. It's a great racing game and a good game. It doesn't take itself too seriously and it's immediatly enjoyable unlike the latest GTs. I don't like how works their lighting engine but it's cool to have good sounds and constant graphics/framerate. The livery editor add so much to the game and money isn't a problem in Forza 6. Replays are smooth even with 24 cars even if I miss GT replays...

However, there is one thing I hate about Forza 6 : the soundtrack! Am I playing an action movie :P it's awful IMO. The level of epicness is too high for a racing game, it's not the Witcher or Uncharted.

I understand why Forza fans can considered GT outdated...

I agree, I don't think the FM6 racing soundtrack is very good, I assume you know you can turn off the music during races. I never have game music playing in any of my racing games/sims, ruins the racing atmosphere for me.
Now Forza Horizon is another thing, seems to fit while driving the countryside :cool:

I agree, I don't think the FM6 racing soundtrack is very good, I assume you know you can turn off the music during races. I never have game music playing in any of my racing games/sims, ruins the racing atmosphere for me.
Now Forza Horizon is another thing, seems to fit while driving the countryside :cool:
FH2 is my favorite racing game of next gen era thanks to its great soundtrack. (I can't play a racing game without music because I'm an arcade racer at the begining. It reminds me amusement arcade with Sega rally or Daytona USA.)

Hey Guys. After one year i will be back soon on forza 6. While i was reading in forza 6 forums that with some patches things changed in that time.

1. The effects are still there and is still togglable.They did change the draft effects to make them more noticeable after the NASCAR update.

Edit: Looking back I see that wheel movement is actually gone, not sure why they removed it

2. There was a problem with FFB on controller after the NASCAR update but that was fixed in a later update. So it's just like it was at launch.

3. IIRC the only physics change was that some of the racing cars had increased grip.

Last edited:
1. The effects are still there and is still togglable.They did change the draft effects to make them more noticeable after the NASCAR update.

Edit: Looking back I see that wheel movement is actually gone, not sure why they removed it

2. There was a problem with FFB on controller after the NASCAR update but that was fixed in a later update. So it's just like it was at launch.

3. IIRC the only physics change was that some of the racing cars had increased grip.

So in 3rd person the draft effect with the camera shaking (at high speeds) is still there?. Because its much more immersive. I wonder why they patched that out with the wheel movement. Now its looking like an aracde racer from the cockpit view. It was a nice litte realistic touch that is gone now :(

With Forza Horizon 3 Pre Order plan sorted by taking the digital route, i'm now looking to buy Forza Motorsport 6 (Physical Copy) since i can't handle downloading two huge games for my crappy internet. First i was looking around in local stores and also at a store in Saudi Arabia where i bought my Xbox from but most if not all costed at least over $53. In other words, prices for FM6 haven't dropped yet or sellers are just too greedy. Checked the local and nearby regions online stores and it's still the same thing.

What do i want is an online store that are selling a new or used copies of Forza Motorsport 6 for less than $50. Preferably at most $30 or less. I saved my money and now i can afford it but i rather try to save as much of money as possible and also from a trusted store. International shipping won't matter since i have a forwarding service so it shouldn't be a problem.

I already checked the prices on some sites and it seemed much cheaper than the one's over here but i don't wanna to rush buying it only to end up making huge mistakes.

I know we aren't all made of money, but for me I like to buy every pack there is available.. I don't buy many other games so I have no problem buying them.

There have been cars I was "Meh" about when I watched the reveal trailer but when I actually drive them I'm like "Actually this is a pretty cool car".. So ignore the S14 fanboys moaning in the comments and give em a go, you may be pleasantly surprised.

With Forza Horizon 3 Pre Order plan sorted by taking the digital route, i'm now looking to buy Forza Motorsport 6 (Physical Copy) since i can't handle downloading two huge games for my crappy internet. First i was looking around in local stores and also at a store in Saudi Arabia where i bought my Xbox from but most if not all costed at least over $53. In other words, prices for FM6 haven't dropped yet or sellers are just too greedy. Checked the local and nearby regions online stores and it's still the same thing.

What do i want is an online store that are selling a new or used copies of Forza Motorsport 6 for less than $50. Preferably at most $30 or less. I saved my money and now i can afford it but i rather try to save as much of money as possible and also from a trusted store. International shipping won't matter since i have a forwarding service so it shouldn't be a problem.

I already checked the prices on some sites and it seemed much cheaper than the one's over here but i don't wanna to rush buying it only to end up making huge mistakes.
Finally i would be able to play Forza Motorsport 6!

Mines doing the same thing. I moved in out of 1st gear right before the race which helps once in a while but many times goes in the gear I was in my last race.

I was just awarded a download code for the NASCAR expansion, for doing OK in the Racing Championship, but I already have that DLC, so assuming it's not locked to user or something, and I am in the UK so not sure if region restrictions reply, first person who says they want the code gets it :)

I was just awarded a download code for the NASCAR expansion, for doing OK in the Racing Championship, but I already have that DLC, so assuming it's not locked to user or something, and I am in the UK so not sure if region restrictions reply, first person who says they want the code gets it :)
I'd like that code for the NASCAR Expansion, provided no one else has claimed it yet.

Also, has anyone else got their codes for the Porsche Expansion? It's the only one I'm sure I should be getting but haven't recieved a code yet, and I thought codes for that would've went out before those for the NASCAR Expansion.

Back